Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to 13:16 - Aug 18 with 5631 viewsITFC_Blood

Firstly I’m no snow flake and been to hundreds of games

Yesterday the way the trains were handled was dangerous.

They were told time and time and yet they didn’t listen.

Kids, elderly and disabled fans were in carriages and couldn’t move.

It wasn’t safe and I decided for my sons safety to go via Cambridge home.

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:18 - Aug 18 with 4585 viewsitfcjoe

I'd guess Greater Anglia, but maybe via the club.

It's a joke, there were 4k fans going yesterday and not enough trains. They shouldn't be able to sell as many tickets as they did if they can't deliver a service for it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:21 - Aug 18 with 4544 viewsITFC_Blood

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:18 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

I'd guess Greater Anglia, but maybe via the club.

It's a joke, there were 4k fans going yesterday and not enough trains. They shouldn't be able to sell as many tickets as they did if they can't deliver a service for it

Disgrace mate

3 coaches and you had people pressed against the walls in that heat

They sold and sold with no intent of supplying

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:24 - Aug 18 with 4521 viewstractorboy1978

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:21 - Aug 18 by ITFC_Blood

Disgrace mate

This is nothing new - Peterborough away last time we went was equally awful hence why I drove this time.
Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:24 - Aug 18 with 4520 viewsitfcjoe

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:21 - Aug 18 by ITFC_Blood

Disgrace mate

You can't sell 1000 tickets for a route that can accomodate 300 people, what about if another 1000 had bought tickets as could easily have happened?

They know full well that that route was oversubscribed but presumably have no mechanism to stop selling tickets?

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:26 - Aug 18 with 4502 viewsFreddies_Ears

Do contact ITFC, the customer service person is full-time, email is customerservice@itfc.co.uk.

There were so many issues yesterday. Yes, Greater Anglia had some coach services to relieve pressure on trains, and ran / planned to run extra trains, but a whole lot else didn't work well. Not just football fans but wider public were very inconvenienced.

There were so many issues, it wil be difficult for ITFC's security people to understand exactly what happened unless plenty of people get In touch.
Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:26 - Aug 18 with 4500 viewsITFC_Blood

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:24 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

You can't sell 1000 tickets for a route that can accomodate 300 people, what about if another 1000 had bought tickets as could easily have happened?

They know full well that that route was oversubscribed but presumably have no mechanism to stop selling tickets?

Fans got to station yesterday and where told to get a bus

It wasn’t a coach it was an Ipswich bus

No seat belts

Stopped every 30 min as people where drinking lol

General shambles

They had 3 weeks to plan this

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:32 - Aug 18 with 4466 viewsBasuco

There were two Midland train cancellations yesterday, the 17:40 and 18:19 so it was left to GA to pick up the pieces, sadly this type of shoddy service is what you get with a disjointed multi company rail network. Midland trains are not particularly worried about the service impact on what is predominately a Greater Anglia line.
Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:43 - Aug 18 with 4397 viewsElephantintheRoom

Did you vote Tory? The only way to improve the rail service is to vote labour and hope they deliver on their promise to create a sane joined up transport system. I'm afraid what you describe is what rail travellers experience ssomewhat regularly in a rail service that is structured to faail badly - and does..

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:07 - Aug 18 with 4280 viewsSitfcB

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:26 - Aug 18 by ITFC_Blood

Fans got to station yesterday and where told to get a bus

It wasn’t a coach it was an Ipswich bus

No seat belts

Stopped every 30 min as people where drinking lol

General shambles

They had 3 weeks to plan this

They’ve had over two months to plan it!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:09 - Aug 18 with 4270 viewsITFC_Forever

Exactly the reasons why I chose to drive.

The inadequate service is hardly encouraging people to use public transport.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:10 - Aug 18 with 4259 viewsbluejacko

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:43 - Aug 18 by ElephantintheRoom

Did you vote Tory? The only way to improve the rail service is to vote labour and hope they deliver on their promise to create a sane joined up transport system. I'm afraid what you describe is what rail travellers experience ssomewhat regularly in a rail service that is structured to faail badly - and does..

Oh dear! 😂
Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:11 - Aug 18 with 4253 viewsCoastalblue

This happens every day on trains across the country, and I'm not just talking about commuter times.

My other half travelled from London to Edinburgh recently to visit family and had to stand for the entirety of the journey through England, despite booking a seat in advance.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:16 - Aug 18 with 4217 viewsReuser_is_God

Hopefully the official supporters club will do something.

Doubt it though.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:16 - Aug 18 with 4216 viewsitfcjoe

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:11 - Aug 18 by Coastalblue

This happens every day on trains across the country, and I'm not just talking about commuter times.

My other half travelled from London to Edinburgh recently to visit family and had to stand for the entirety of the journey through England, despite booking a seat in advance.

I'm going to Edinburgh in December, would like to get the train up as think it is a better journey than flying, do bit for environment etc.

But the cost difference is off the scale

Return flights to Stansted with Easyjet - £64pp
Return train from Ipswich - £144pp

And it takes 6 hours so the whole day is travelling which isn't much fun either

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:17 - Aug 18 with 4208 viewsBasuco

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:43 - Aug 18 by ElephantintheRoom

What we experienced yesterday was exactly the reason the railways were nationalised in 1948, history has proved that was the correct decision, the biggest shame is that Labour failed to re-nationalise it in 1997. I commuted to London for 5 years and delays and late cancelled trains happened all the time and probably still do.
Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:18 - Aug 18 with 4189 viewsgainsboroughblue

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:11 - Aug 18 by Coastalblue

Jesus wept.

That is outrageous.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:19 - Aug 18 with 4172 viewssparks

Aren't they suggesting nationalisation?

Were you around and attempting to travel (or indeed, obtain an edible sandwich) on British Rail?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:31 - Aug 18 with 4123 viewsRAH4

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:32 - Aug 18 by Basuco

There were two Midland train cancellations yesterday, the 17:40 and 18:19 so it was left to GA to pick up the pieces, sadly this type of shoddy service is what you get with a disjointed multi company rail network. Midland trains are not particularly worried about the service impact on what is predominately a Greater Anglia line.

The East Midlands cancellations yesterday were due to industrial action by staff. By coincidence it was the last day of their franchise. New franchisee is Abelio who run GA. So if we have the same game next season don't expect much in the way of improvements.
Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:39 - Aug 18 with 4069 viewsTractorWood

I thought I was being clever by going from Ely. It was still horrendous. As others have said, the lack of planning, investment, forethought and willingness to do anything is disgraceful.

They've known about this for 2 months.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:45 - Aug 18 with 4025 viewspointofblue

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:39 - Aug 18 by TractorWood

I thought I was being clever by going from Ely. It was still horrendous. As others have said, the lack of planning, investment, forethought and willingness to do anything is disgraceful.

They've known about this for 2 months.

Peterborough come here on February 1st and will probably bring a good number - do you think Greater Anglia have the time to get a plan in place for then???

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:48 - Aug 18 with 3995 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 13:24 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

There must be regulations on the maximum number of passengers that can safely be accommodated. Someone should be checking and enforcing it. I guess they no longer have a guard so who is doing so and what happens when they have oversold the service anyway?

Definitely complain - I would suggest the rail service, the office of rail and road https://orr.gov.uk/ and maybe copying the club and your MP in (depends a little on how good they are).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:51 - Aug 18 with 3965 viewsFixed_It

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:48 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

There must be regulations on the maximum number of passengers that can safely be accommodated. Someone should be checking and enforcing it. I guess they no longer have a guard so who is doing so and what happens when they have oversold the service anyway?

Definitely complain - I would suggest the rail service, the office of rail and road https://orr.gov.uk/ and maybe copying the club and your MP in (depends a little on how good they are).

But it was only football fans...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 15:08 - Aug 18 with 3897 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:51 - Aug 18 by Fixed_It

But it was only football fans...

I would like to think that is less often the reaction nowadays, although I am sure there are some who would still respond that way.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 15:14 - Aug 18 with 3867 viewsCoastalblue

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 14:16 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

I'm going to Edinburgh in December, would like to get the train up as think it is a better journey than flying, do bit for environment etc.

But the cost difference is off the scale

Return flights to Stansted with Easyjet - £64pp
Return train from Ipswich - £144pp

And it takes 6 hours so the whole day is travelling which isn't much fun either

Yeah we travel up a few times a year to see her Dad, always end up flying because as you say the price difference is ridiculous.

There are times when a chilled train journey up with a couple of drinks etc might be nice for a long weekend, but just can't justify it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 15:29 - Aug 18 with 3811 viewsitfcjoe

Who can complain on the fans behalf and get listened to on 15:14 - Aug 18 by Coastalblue

Yeah we travel up a few times a year to see her Dad, always end up flying because as you say the price difference is ridiculous.

There are times when a chilled train journey up with a couple of drinks etc might be nice for a long weekend, but just can't justify it.

I don't really enjoy short flights - the airport is such a hassle, we are at Stansted which is the pits these days. Parking expensive etc. If it was out of Southend then that is a different beast.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024