Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced 09:23 - Aug 18 with 3621 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 09:27 - Aug 18 with 3151 viewsReuser_is_God

What an odd criticism.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 09:29 - Aug 18 with 3127 viewshomer_123

It seems that whenever we make a mistake it costs us dearly....irrespective of who it is.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 09:35 - Aug 18 with 3058 viewsGeoffSentence

Looked like a soft free-kick to me, bit of a dive in fact.

But the real problem was the the goal scorer had a free header from that free kick.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 09:39 - Aug 18 with 3025 viewsbluejacko

Of course it had nothing to do with their No 17 throwing himself to the floor every chance did it ?
PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 09:40 - Aug 18 with 3011 viewsWestcountryblue

I think the issue with that goal was more to do with Donacien's pathetic defending.

If the likes of Rowe or Edwards gets pushed away too easily in a set piece and fail to get tight to their marker, maybe that's a little more understable. But for someone who is a CB by trade to get brushed aside so easily is unprofessional.

Oh for the days when we had the likes of Tommy Smith and Berra wearing gum shield at set pieces
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 9:41]
PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 09:44 - Aug 18 with 2965 viewsBlueBadger

Weird.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:05 - Aug 18 with 2847 viewsSimonds92

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 09:35 - Aug 18 by GeoffSentence

But the real problem was the the goal scorer had a free header from that free kick.

Exactly this, absolutely no way it was a freekick, he backed in to Wolfenden and then went down i cant believe the ref bought it. The only experience he can gain from that is the standard of refereeing is dreadful in this division (not that the Championship is much better).
PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:24 - Aug 18 with 2739 viewslongtimefan

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 09:40 - Aug 18 by Westcountryblue

I think the issue with that goal was more to do with Donacien's pathetic defending.

If the likes of Rowe or Edwards gets pushed away too easily in a set piece and fail to get tight to their marker, maybe that's a little more understable. But for someone who is a CB by trade to get brushed aside so easily is unprofessional.

Oh for the days when we had the likes of Tommy Smith and Berra wearing gum shield at set pieces
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 9:41]

I thought at the time the goal scorer looked rather guilty - he had a very long look at the assistant to check he hadn’t raised his flag. There was no chance of a offside so I presumed he’d done something nefarious and got away with it. Looking at the replays though I can’t see anything.

Edited - having now seen a better quality video the scorer actually creates the space by giving Donacien a pretty big push. No wonder he looked concerned.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 10:39]
Login to get fewer ads

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:26 - Aug 18 with 2729 viewsbluefunk

That “free kick” happened right in front of us, and Woolfenden showed his inexperience. Toney had been throwing himself over at every touch and the ref Ewan’s buying it, he was going nowhere and all Woolfenden has to do was hold him up but he got too close and Tonetpy went down.

Donacien’s powder puff defending allowed Toney to finish off the (albeit very good) delivery
PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:28 - Aug 18 with 2710 viewsBLUEBEAT

and every single one of our players were in the box!

Poll: W or W

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:29 - Aug 18 with 2695 viewsVaughan8

Is the OP having a rather strange dig at Chambers?

Some people on here are really strange........

Suppose you can't take he got a last minute equaliser. It's ok. You'll get over it
PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:30 - Aug 18 with 2691 viewsStokieBlue

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 09:27 - Aug 18 by Reuser_is_God

What an odd criticism.

People are looking for anything to complain about. This place was like a nursery yesterday. Many seem to think we should be Barcelona and win every match 5-0 but then even Barcelona lost this weekend.

It's just all a bit odd and unnecessary. People just want to argue.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:57 - Aug 18 with 2588 viewsitfcjoe

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:24 - Aug 18 by longtimefan

I thought at the time the goal scorer looked rather guilty - he had a very long look at the assistant to check he hadn’t raised his flag. There was no chance of a offside so I presumed he’d done something nefarious and got away with it. Looking at the replays though I can’t see anything.

Edited - having now seen a better quality video the scorer actually creates the space by giving Donacien a pretty big push. No wonder he looked concerned.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 10:39]

It would have been disallowed if the ref had seen it, or if there was VAR!

I think harsh to blame Donacien like some are - it's quite hard to not lose man when he gives you such an OTT push like that - was just blatant

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:58 - Aug 18 with 2584 viewsitfcjoe

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:30 - Aug 18 by StokieBlue

People are looking for anything to complain about. This place was like a nursery yesterday. Many seem to think we should be Barcelona and win every match 5-0 but then even Barcelona lost this weekend.

SB

No one, other than you, has said anything about being like Barceloan

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:58 - Aug 18 with 2577 viewspointofblue

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:57 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

It would have been disallowed if the ref had seen it, or if there was VAR!

I think harsh to blame Donacien like some are - it's quite hard to not lose man when he gives you such an OTT push like that - was just blatant

Like some are - including our manager!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:00 - Aug 18 with 2559 viewsStokieBlue

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:58 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

No one, other than you, has said anything about being like Barceloan

It's an exaggeration to make a point.

Loads of posts yesterday were saying how poor we were, how it was a bad start, how we need this or that or how the club is a failure etc etc etc.

Their expectations are bizarre - it's been a decent start if one looks at it rationally.

SB
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 11:01]

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:00 - Aug 18 with 2556 viewsBlueBadger

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 10:30 - Aug 18 by StokieBlue

SB

NO THEY DON'T

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:15 - Aug 18 with 2489 viewsitfcjoe

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:00 - Aug 18 by StokieBlue

It's an exaggeration to make a point.

Loads of posts yesterday were saying how poor we were, how it was a bad start, how we need this or that or how the club is a failure etc etc etc.

Their expectations are bizarre - it's been a decent start if one looks at it rationally.

SB
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 11:01]

But you can't just look at points on the pitch - I think a lot of the concerns are genuine and are things that were raised at back end of last season when Lambert had been in charge for 25 games.

We can't keep blaming lack of players, or injuries, or availability - we should be further along into working out what we are trying to do as a footballing team.

I think the biggest positive so far about League 1 is how cr@p the standard is

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:25 - Aug 18 with 2437 viewsclive_baker

Whether it was a foul or not is irrelevant, Lambert’s point is valid. With the striker heading away from goal towards the corner flag Woolfy shouldn’t even give the ref a chance to give that. But these things happen, he’s young and has been promising in these first 3 games. Very encouraging signs.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:27 - Aug 18 with 2407 viewsStokieBlue

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:15 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

But you can't just look at points on the pitch - I think a lot of the concerns are genuine and are things that were raised at back end of last season when Lambert had been in charge for 25 games.

We can't keep blaming lack of players, or injuries, or availability - we should be further along into working out what we are trying to do as a footballing team.

I think the biggest positive so far about League 1 is how cr@p the standard is

It's been 3 games, that's not enough to form any sensible opinion on how this season is going to go - it's a sample size of 3 out of 46. That also doesn't factor in that those games have been against other favourites for promotion.

Why not wait until we have played a cross-section of what the division has to offer (ie. the next 3 games at the very least) before starting to form these opinions?

Availability of players does make a difference, you can't just dismiss it.

SB
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 11:28]

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:39 - Aug 18 with 2363 viewsitfcjoe

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:27 - Aug 18 by StokieBlue

It's been 3 games, that's not enough to form any sensible opinion on how this season is going to go - it's a sample size of 3 out of 46. That also doesn't factor in that those games have been against other favourites for promotion.

Why not wait until we have played a cross-section of what the division has to offer (ie. the next 3 games at the very least) before starting to form these opinions?

Availability of players does make a difference, you can't just dismiss it.

SB
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 11:28]

There are 30 games last season that Lambert managed also which help form more of a smaple of working out what he is trying to do

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:55 - Aug 18 with 2272 viewspointofblue

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:39 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

There are 30 games last season that Lambert managed also which help form more of a smaple of working out what he is trying to do

Is Lambert’s style so different from what has gone before that it’s taken a long time to implement? If so, should we be looking at another style if the players are incapable of adapting to it? If not, what’s the problem, why are we still lacking shape or purpose at times in the match? My big bugbear is why we seemingly start so well then fade and why this has been an issue for a while.

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:58 - Aug 18 with 2247 viewsitfcjoe

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:55 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

Is Lambert’s style so different from what has gone before that it’s taken a long time to implement? If so, should we be looking at another style if the players are incapable of adapting to it? If not, what’s the problem, why are we still lacking shape or purpose at times in the match? My big bugbear is why we seemingly start so well then fade and why this has been an issue for a while.

It was initially, with the split centre backs etc and we were having to watch that from behind the sofa at times - but we haven't persisted with it at all and it seems now to be the most basic of 442s at the moment, direct and hit it early.

There are signs of promise at time when we can work decent openings and hit well on the counter - but we are a big hitter in this league and games like AFCW on TUesday aren't going to see us counter as they will stick 11 behind the ball.

Look at what Farke was doing at Norwich, in their 1st season they may have looked goalshy at times, but it was clear what they were trying to achieve and they added the extra players into that style to make it work.

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 12:03 - Aug 18 with 2206 viewspointofblue

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 11:58 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

It was initially, with the split centre backs etc and we were having to watch that from behind the sofa at times - but we haven't persisted with it at all and it seems now to be the most basic of 442s at the moment, direct and hit it early.

There are signs of promise at time when we can work decent openings and hit well on the counter - but we are a big hitter in this league and games like AFCW on TUesday aren't going to see us counter as they will stick 11 behind the ball.

Look at what Farke was doing at Norwich, in their 1st season they may have looked goalshy at times, but it was clear what they were trying to achieve and they added the extra players into that style to make it work.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens if we manage to hit Wimbledon early as to whether they’ll just want to keep the score respectable or if they want to search for a point - if the latter they may play into our hands.

I assume with two full backs lacking in quality, one old fashioned centre back and a youngster he perhaps doesn’t want to put too much pressure on the defence to play from the back. With Holy’s kicks we can turn a side around quickly and old fashioned target man will help in this regard. We probably don’t have the support on the wings to aid this style of play which is why Lambert’s looking for full backs who can play on the overlap. Get those players in and the style we’re seemingly trying may be more successful.

The irony being is that much different from Mick’s approach?

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 12:06 - Aug 18 with 2182 viewsitfcjoe

PL saying Woolfy is going and inexperienced on 12:03 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

It’ll be interesting to see what happens if we manage to hit Wimbledon early as to whether they’ll just want to keep the score respectable or if they want to search for a point - if the latter they may play into our hands.

I assume with two full backs lacking in quality, one old fashioned centre back and a youngster he perhaps doesn’t want to put too much pressure on the defence to play from the back. With Holy’s kicks we can turn a side around quickly and old fashioned target man will help in this regard. We probably don’t have the support on the wings to aid this style of play which is why Lambert’s looking for full backs who can play on the overlap. Get those players in and the style we’re seemingly trying may be more successful.

The irony being is that much different from Mick’s approach?

It's a bit neater than Mick's, and a bit less safety first and reactive to the opposition - but not overly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024