Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And Remainers still can't sort themselves out 16:06 - Aug 16 with 3849 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49367612

Any hopes they might have are rapidly fading on being able to Boris on, potentially, leaving with no deal.

For all their bluster, they still don't get it do they - they have to come together to stand any hope.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 18:56 - Aug 16 with 3752 viewspointofblue

Just as the Brexit strand is split between No Deal and Deal the Remain strand is split between Deal and revoking Article 50. There is no unity in the Commons and I doubt a General Election will solve the issue unless either the Brexit Party or the Liberal Democrats win, or have enough seats to form a coalition with the ERG or the Greens/SNP respectively.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 19:12 - Aug 16 with 3724 viewsNthsuffolkblue

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 18:56 - Aug 16 by pointofblue

Just as the Brexit strand is split between No Deal and Deal the Remain strand is split between Deal and revoking Article 50. There is no unity in the Commons and I doubt a General Election will solve the issue unless either the Brexit Party or the Liberal Democrats win, or have enough seats to form a coalition with the ERG or the Greens/SNP respectively.

Deal is not a remain position. If there is a split, it is between remain and a second referendum. The issue here is more the politics involved and who gains and losses from a political position.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 19:16 - Aug 16 with 3717 viewsFreddies_Ears

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 19:12 - Aug 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Deal is not a remain position. If there is a split, it is between remain and a second referendum. The issue here is more the politics involved and who gains and losses from a political position.

So, let's crash out and take the pain. It will be horrible, but I didn't flamin' vote for it, and I won't show any sympathy for anyone who did.
And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 19:41 - Aug 16 with 3683 viewsDarth_Koont

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 19:16 - Aug 16 by Freddies_Ears

So, let's crash out and take the pain. It will be horrible, but I didn't flamin' vote for it, and I won't show any sympathy for anyone who did.

Absolutely. Let's go for the Mad Max, survival of the fittest Thunderdome scenario.

After all, that's what our forebears fought for in the Second World War.

Pronouns: He/Him

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 20:39 - Aug 16 with 3631 viewsBlueBadger

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 19:16 - Aug 16 by Freddies_Ears

Call me a wishy-washy, wouldn't-want-to-be-in-tenches-with0them coward but I'd rather we didn't f*ck ourselves into the ground just so we can say to some gammons 'See? Told you'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 21:07 - Aug 16 with 3609 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not what I am saying at all. Simply pointing out any type of leave is not really a remain position. Of course lumping no deal in with a deal and having a referendum on 'leaving' is part of what got us in the mess in the first place.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:05 - Aug 16 with 3533 viewsMugwump

I think Jeremy Corbyn should be caretaker PM for obvious reasons.
And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:14 - Aug 16 with 3514 viewsGirthyguy

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:05 - Aug 16 by Mugwump

I think Jeremy Corbyn should be caretaker PM for obvious reasons.

The obvious reason being what exactly?
Login to get fewer ads

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:16 - Aug 16 with 3512 viewsjeera

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:14 - Aug 16 by Girthyguy

Masochism?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:20 - Aug 16 with 3498 viewsMugwump

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:14 - Aug 16 by Girthyguy

Because he looks like a caretaker.
And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:23 - Aug 16 with 3493 viewsGirthyguy

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:16 - Aug 16 by jeera

Masochism?

Unfortunately I'm not tugging off at the prospect.
And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:25 - Aug 16 with 3489 viewsGirthyguy

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:20 - Aug 16 by Mugwump

Because he looks like a caretaker.

I can think of a better more apt word beginning with C but there you go.
And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:34 - Aug 16 with 3475 viewsjeera

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:25 - Aug 16 by Girthyguy

Can-carrier?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:47 - Aug 16 with 3463 viewsmidastouch

The golden rule of work, politics and thrashing out negotiations, that is...
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done! ;-)

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 00:41 - Aug 17 with 3374 viewsDarth_Koont

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 23:25 - Aug 16 by Girthyguy

Caring?

Pronouns: He/Him

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 08:49 - Aug 17 with 3253 viewsHerbivore

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 18:56 - Aug 16 by pointofblue

I'm not sure I'd agree that the remain camp is split on what they want, it's more that Labour has a huge schism over this from the top down and isn't unambiguously a remain party. Parliament, unlike the country was at a moment in 2016, is generally pro-Remain and that cuts across the parties. Being ardently Brexit at all costs is very much the preserve of the Tories and DUP, who happen to hold power currently, not excepting a few Labour MPs too who are Euro skeptic or pretending to be so to try and keep their seats at the next GE.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 09:48 - Aug 17 with 3213 viewscrunchie1978

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 19:41 - Aug 16 by Darth_Koont

Absolutely. Let's go for the Mad Max, survival of the fittest Thunderdome scenario.

After all, that's what our forebears fought for in the Second World War.

Two men enter one man leaves!
And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 10:20 - Aug 17 with 3185 viewsPinewoodblue

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 08:49 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

I'm not sure I'd agree that the remain camp is split on what they want, it's more that Labour has a huge schism over this from the top down and isn't unambiguously a remain party. Parliament, unlike the country was at a moment in 2016, is generally pro-Remain and that cuts across the parties. Being ardently Brexit at all costs is very much the preserve of the Tories and DUP, who happen to hold power currently, not excepting a few Labour MPs too who are Euro skeptic or pretending to be so to try and keep their seats at the next GE.

The majority of Labour MPs in constituencies that voted leave voted to remain.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 10:03 - Aug 18 with 3050 viewsHerbivore

And Remainers still can't sort themselves out on 10:20 - Aug 17 by Pinewoodblue

The majority of Labour MPs in constituencies that voted leave voted to remain.

And?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024