Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night 09:54 - Aug 14 with 5241 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not the result or team selection - that sort of thing has been par for the course for sometime now and tbh I don’t really have a problem with the league being the focus

However, what did hit home was the fact Luton also made 11 changes and the general view being that we couldn’t really have expected to do any better based on the respective teams and current standing in the league, and then realising that is 100% accurate

Luton FFS, sad times indeed

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 08:25 - Aug 15 with 1017 viewsNaylorsboots

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 10:14 - Aug 14 by StokieBlue

It's not really like for like though.

They made 11 changes which were their actual reserves. We couldn't do that due to injuries so our changes were half-fit reserves and under 23's.

Still not great I admit but let's be fair in the comparisons.

SB

My god we are clutching at straws for excuses nowadays. What a time to be a Town fan. Evans you monkey!
Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 08:34 - Aug 15 with 1004 viewsHerbivore

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 08:25 - Aug 15 by Naylorsboots

My god we are clutching at straws for excuses nowadays. What a time to be a Town fan. Evans you monkey!

How would you know what it's like to be a Town fan?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 10:16 - Aug 15 with 976 viewsNaylorsboots

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 08:34 - Aug 15 by Herbivore

How would you know what it's like to be a Town fan?

Because lve been a season ticket holder for over 40 years ? Does that help ?
Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 10:23 - Aug 15 with 971 viewsBiGDonnie

Lambert said something along the lines of 'we knew we couldn't win with kids'.

I know the leagues the main priority but why even bother.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 10:34 - Aug 15 with 956 viewsloyalfan

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 08:16 - Aug 15 by caught-in-limbo

Sad as it is, it's a marked improvement on recent years. Then, if the league positions of Town and Luton had been reversed, the outcome would have been the same, only we'd have needed a replay to get there.

Chins up, people.

Luton did also have Izzy Brown on the pitch who I thought absolutely ran the show. I remember when we beat them 2-0 in 2017 they said Didzy ran the show and that they just didn't have a player of his class.Tables were turned this time. I was watching Brown with awe on Tuesday and comparing him with Doz who. although younger (I think), was meant to be a as influential a player for Town......
Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 11:19 - Aug 15 with 928 viewsHerbivore

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 10:16 - Aug 15 by Naylorsboots

Because lve been a season ticket holder for over 40 years ? Does that help ?

Yeah but 40 years at Carrow Road doesn't tell you much about what it's like to be a Town fan.

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 12:06 - Aug 15 with 920 viewsNaylorsboots

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 11:19 - Aug 15 by Herbivore

Yeah but 40 years at Carrow Road doesn't tell you much about what it's like to be a Town fan.

You are on my block list too now. Along with goose mooste, floopters and wjktb.
Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 12:57 - Aug 15 with 903 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 08:16 - Aug 15 by caught-in-limbo

Sad as it is, it's a marked improvement on recent years. Then, if the league positions of Town and Luton had been reversed, the outcome would have been the same, only we'd have needed a replay to get there.

Chins up, people.

Apart from the fact that we had this exact fixture in the same cup 2 years ago, put out a reserve team and won comfortably, of course

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 17:07 - Aug 15 with 861 viewsFenboyBlue

My optimism that maybe we've got enough for a promotion challenge this year was rapidly vanquished when I heard that pundit on Quest last week when they were discussing the Ipswich V Sunderland match. He said neither have got what it takes for promotion going by that game, i.e. a solid back line and a 20 goal striker. I found that a stark reminder and reluctantly agree with him. We've got neither, at the moment. We've got 4 points largely due to a promising loanee who's now injured. And going by the Cup game our fringe players aren't as good as another teams fringe players (yet again!). Glimmer of hope though if we sign that Colchester defender. We need 2 more quality signings after that for things to get promotional.
Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 17:16 - Aug 15 with 855 viewsHerbivore

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 17:07 - Aug 15 by FenboyBlue

My optimism that maybe we've got enough for a promotion challenge this year was rapidly vanquished when I heard that pundit on Quest last week when they were discussing the Ipswich V Sunderland match. He said neither have got what it takes for promotion going by that game, i.e. a solid back line and a 20 goal striker. I found that a stark reminder and reluctantly agree with him. We've got neither, at the moment. We've got 4 points largely due to a promising loanee who's now injured. And going by the Cup game our fringe players aren't as good as another teams fringe players (yet again!). Glimmer of hope though if we sign that Colchester defender. We need 2 more quality signings after that for things to get promotional.

The punditry you've described really isn't worth taking seriously, it's glib, clichéd nonsense. Did the pundit say which sides, on the evidence of two games, will finish ahead of ourselves and Sunderland?

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 17:25 - Aug 15 with 846 viewsStokieBlue

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 17:07 - Aug 15 by FenboyBlue

Yet we do have a proven 20 goal a season striker and a back-line he couldn't have seen given at least 2 of them are new or youths.

So essentially he was talking nonsense. Try listening to something like the Totally Football League Show podcast, they actually know the divisions and have us down as the side to watch.

We had 18 shots to 5 or something against Sunderland, I think you're going a bit overboard.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 17:26 - Aug 15 with 844 viewsStokieBlue

Hit home how far we’ve fallen last night on 08:25 - Aug 15 by Naylorsboots

It's hardly my fault if you're unable to make or understand what constitutes a like for like comparison.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024