Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra 07:39 - Aug 14 with 2111 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

He’s definitely good enough to feature a lot for us this season. There’s a player in there for sure, I really liked what I saw last night.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Dobra on 08:50 - Aug 14 with 1980 viewsfergalsharkey

Not as much as I did, but I was in wildkatz Blackburn division.

Poll: Cook out?

Dobra on 08:56 - Aug 14 with 1956 viewsHerbivore

I saw a couple of under 23 games last season and he definitely shone in those. Think he could well be a player. El Mizouni looks a prospect too, so it's nice to see a few more of the kids forcing themselves into contention. If only Cotter or Crowe could do the same.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dobra on 08:57 - Aug 14 with 1953 viewsitfcjoe

He's a player I've banged on about for a while - just great fun to watch

Think he's showed he can come on for a bit at ends of games to make an impact which is great.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dobra on 08:59 - Aug 14 with 1925 viewsKieran_Knows

Dobra on 08:56 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

I saw a couple of under 23 games last season and he definitely shone in those. Think he could well be a player. El Mizouni looks a prospect too, so it's nice to see a few more of the kids forcing themselves into contention. If only Cotter or Crowe could do the same.

I very much doubt we'll ever see Cotter in an Ipswich shirt again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Dobra on 09:01 - Aug 14 with 1917 viewsHerbivore

Dobra on 08:59 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

I very much doubt we'll ever see Cotter in an Ipswich shirt again.

Agreed, which is a shame as the kid must have had some ability to come into the side and play so well on his debut. Maybe it went to his head and he thought he'd made it.

Dobra on 09:02 - Aug 14 with 1906 viewsHerbivore

Dobra on 08:57 - Aug 14 by itfcjoe

Think he's showed he can come on for a bit at ends of games to make an impact which is great.

What's his best position, Joe? He scored quite a few last season I seem to recall. Is he a kind of modern forward who can play across the line behind a main striker?

Dobra on 09:02 - Aug 14 with 1899 viewsKieran_Knows

Dobra on 09:01 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

Agreed, which is a shame as the kid must have had some ability to come into the side and play so well on his debut. Maybe it went to his head and he thought he'd made it.

Indeed. I think the fact he came close to leaving permanently in January shows that PL doesn't really rate him that much as well.

Dobra on 09:06 - Aug 14 with 1875 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra on 09:02 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

What's his best position, Joe? He scored quite a few last season I seem to recall. Is he a kind of modern forward who can play across the line behind a main striker?

Best is probably as a 10, can play as an 8 but lacks the discipline positionally at times - but not the heart and character to play there.

His progress last year was stark, he came back after his first summer as a full time player and looked at it from Day 1, had added goals and assists to his game when previously end product had been lacking.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Dobra on 09:08 - Aug 14 with 1849 viewsSteve_M

Dobra on 08:57 - Aug 14 by itfcjoe

I can imagine tiring defenders are going to love that on last night's evidence.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dobra a bright spark at Luton on 09:27 - Aug 14 with 1777 viewsrfretwell

Dobra on 09:08 - Aug 14 by Steve_M

I can imagine tiring defenders are going to love that on last night's evidence.

Yes, really impressed with Dobra last night. He was up to the pace of the game from the start, was always alert and always carried a threat with his sharp passing and movement. Like Garbutt he also gets across the front line into shooting positions. Greta to see him get his debut goal, albeit with a deflection. We should see a fair bit more of the lad this season.
Dobra on 09:39 - Aug 14 with 1705 viewsHerbivore

What is pleasing is seeing the likes of Dobra and Lankester (hopefully when fully recovered) coming through, as they are precisely the type of player we always used to have to get in on loan because we could by afford to buy them. We've had some good players through but they've not necessarily been attacking flair players that can get you a goal and unlock defences. It seems Dobra and Lankester fit the bill, possibly El Mizouni too? These are the players fans like to see but also from a business perspective these are the players that can fetch you silly money with a good season under their belts.

Imagine in a couple of years though fielding Downes and Dozzer as our deep lying midfielders with Lankester, Dobra and El Mizouni operating in behind the striker. Mouth watering, if we can keep them all and they all reach their potential. If Folami and Morris push on and if Ndaba and Crowe do the same we could potentially field an outfield ten that are all home grown. Won't happen for various reasons but it's good to see the academy producing a steady stream of good players.

Dobra on 09:47 - Aug 14 with 1664 viewsrfretwell

Dobra on 09:39 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

What is pleasing is seeing the likes of Dobra and Lankester (hopefully when fully recovered) coming through, as they are precisely the type of player we always used to have to get in on loan because we could by afford to buy them. We've had some good players through but they've not necessarily been attacking flair players that can get you a goal and unlock defences. It seems Dobra and Lankester fit the bill, possibly El Mizouni too? These are the players fans like to see but also from a business perspective these are the players that can fetch you silly money with a good season under their belts.

Imagine in a couple of years though fielding Downes and Dozzer as our deep lying midfielders with Lankester, Dobra and El Mizouni operating in behind the striker. Mouth watering, if we can keep them all and they all reach their potential. If Folami and Morris push on and if Ndaba and Crowe do the same we could potentially field an outfield ten that are all home grown. Won't happen for various reasons but it's good to see the academy producing a steady stream of good players.

Yes and real shame about Lancaster. He could have really kicked on this season. Morris too. Our best youngsters have never had such a great opportunity to force their way into the first team.
Dobra on 10:01 - Aug 14 with 1614 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Dobra on 09:39 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

Just to touch on that, there's not to forget Teddy Bishop. Another with flair and a style of committing players by carrying the ball.

Also, Woolfenden too. The present but future of the defence. Another who would fetch silly money (possibly as soon as the end of this season) if he's played plenty of games and we finish in a strong position.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Dobra on 10:03 - Aug 14 with 1600 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Dobra a bright spark at Luton on 10:12 - Aug 14 with 1557 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Dobra a bright spark at Luton on 09:27 - Aug 14 by rfretwell

Yes, really impressed with Dobra last night. He was up to the pace of the game from the start, was always alert and always carried a threat with his sharp passing and movement. Like Garbutt he also gets across the front line into shooting positions. Greta to see him get his debut goal, albeit with a deflection. We should see a fair bit more of the lad this season.

Very much the only one for the first 20minutes who was on it. He deserves more of a chance - he stepped up against a Championship side and came out as Ipswich's best player in a team which featured Huws, Judge, Edwards etc.

There's a player in him, I just hope he's given a chance because he strikes me as someone who's going to take it.

One concern for me is Dozzell. It's all starting to catch up on him with youngsters coming in and taking their opportunities. Lankester, Woolfenden, Dobra, Downes and El Mizouni have all come on to the scene and they're leaving their mark on the game with people praising them and speaking positively. Whenever I see Dozzell's name mentioned it's "he needs to do more" or "he didn't make his mark on the game" and those comments are mentioned almost every week he plays. He has to step up.

Dobra on 10:27 - Aug 14 with 1498 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Dobra on 09:02 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed. I think the fact he came close to leaving permanently in January shows that PL doesn't really rate him that much as well.

Did he? I don't recall that.
From all accounts, his attitude will keep him out of the side.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Dobra on 10:30 - Aug 14 with 1485 viewsKieran_Knows

Dobra on 10:27 - Aug 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

Did he? I don't recall that.
From all accounts, his attitude will keep him out of the side.

I read a piece on the EADT earlier in the summer where Andy Warren said he was close to leaving for Swindon in January. I'll try find the article.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024