Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 23:29 - Aug 13 with 7717 viewsKeaneish

A player waiting to become a good player rather than taking his chance to become one.

It's games like tonight where he has to excel and stake a claim and if anything, he's slipped down the pecking order further on that performance. Not sure what to make of him anymore. We see glimpses of his craft and vision but the basics go wanting on a lot of occasions and before you know it, it's another forgettable 45 mins of his career gone.

He's young, yes but he has to start stringing things together otherwise this season will pass him by and it'll be a huge opportunity missed for him to kick on.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dozzell on 14:56 - Aug 14 with 890 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Dozzell on 14:02 - Aug 14 by ThatMuhrenCross

Andre Dozzell has a gift. He has fantastic vision and can play the ball beautifully with both feet. On the ball he looks every bit the Premier League footballer in the making. He's a natural.

At present, thought, that's where the compliments end.

The kid needs to show more desire - it's almost as if he thinks he can get into the team on his name alone, but he must do more. He frustrates us all.

I find it hard to believe that after quite a few years in professional football now, he's still such a skinny runt, and you never see him running around putting himself about. A few years ago, you'd have rated him the far greater prospect out of himself and Downes, but through hard work and the right attitude, Downes has soared past him and is streets ahead.

Dozzell need to look at himself. He's got everything going for him, but now he's got to apply himself. This season is an opportunity. Time to step up to the plate young man.

Strikes me that he needs a fresh start somewhere.
Dozzell on 15:38 - Aug 14 with 849 viewsbadadski

Dozzell on 14:56 - Aug 14 by PrideOfTheEast

Strikes me that he needs a fresh start somewhere.

I never understood the title of Most talented youngster on our books. He has good feet and a good pass but any under 23 game I watched with him in he was completely outshone by el miz and Lankester and Rowe. In fact even Morris caught the eye more. He is living on his name and England under 18 credentials alone at the moment in my eyes.
I will be honest to say I have not watched many full team games with him playing but from under 23’s he was no where near our most talented.
I am an ex coplestonian also so should be biased towards him but from what I see he doesn’t contribute no where near enough and a more gifted footballer would make sure they were far more involved by demanding the ball.
I hope he comes good I really do but at the moment he doesn’t cut it for me and needs maybe a more experienced player like skuse giving him more vocal support.
Dozzell on 16:28 - Aug 14 with 807 viewsartsbossbeard

Dozzell on 07:05 - Aug 14 by Keaneish

I'm beginning to think the same. His best attribute is an eye for a pass but he rarely earns the right to be able to play to do this regularly throughout the game. I think any talent is going to go to waste unless some work is done with him. Look how busy Shinnie was for Luton tonight continually linking defence to attack.

You've either got an eye for "that" pass or you've not.

There's no training in the world that would assist. He's a lovely lad, needs to play higher level than carthorse division 3 standard but who takes that chance?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Dozzell on 18:14 - Aug 14 with 760 viewsChateauWines

Dozzell on 23:45 - Aug 13 by Bluefish

Nothing has changed from here

Andre Dozzell next season by Bluefish 13 Feb 2018 9:57
This won't be popular but the best thing we could do is get the fella out on loan for at least the 1st half of the season. He needs to be a world beater not a bit part.

This has nothing to do with who our manager will be, I would just rather see long term gain put ahead of short term.

Flynn Downes will hopefully come back all the better for his loan and go straight in.

If we are serious about our academy we should have a production line of players loaned through the levels.

Bluefish, you are and were bang on the money

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Dozzell on 23:37 - Aug 14 with 639 viewsfarkenhell

Dozzell on 14:48 - Aug 14 by Mullet

Joe Cole, Michael Owen, Leo Messi, DA Maradonna etc. were all considered runty by different fans. I think we are still at a point where unlike Rugby, physicality doesn't have to be the determining factor.

He's barely had 2 years of pro football thanks to an injury that in his Dad's time would have been a career ender. He made his debut at 16 after all at the tail end of a season. Having seen Bishop here, I find it really frustrating people suddenly want to write him off now. The stuff about his surname in this thread is laughably hypocritical.

Your last bit is spot on, but we have had 3 games so far and he's been played out of position as a sub and in a team where Lambert has got off fairly lightly in my opinion.

Chambers has made a howler, Holy, Judge and Norwood have barely got going, we've taken 4 from 6 and our best performers have been Garbutt, Rowe and Skuse. People are getting very giddy with their final judgements so soon, and so selectively.

...or, in Maradonna's case, something that rhymes with runty!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024