Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 23:29 - Aug 13 with 7686 viewsKeaneish

A player waiting to become a good player rather than taking his chance to become one.

It's games like tonight where he has to excel and stake a claim and if anything, he's slipped down the pecking order further on that performance. Not sure what to make of him anymore. We see glimpses of his craft and vision but the basics go wanting on a lot of occasions and before you know it, it's another forgettable 45 mins of his career gone.

He's young, yes but he has to start stringing things together otherwise this season will pass him by and it'll be a huge opportunity missed for him to kick on.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dozzell on 23:45 - Aug 13 with 6711 viewsBluefish

Nothing has changed from here

Andre Dozzell next season by Bluefish 13 Feb 2018 9:57
This won't be popular but the best thing we could do is get the fella out on loan for at least the 1st half of the season. He needs to be a world beater not a bit part.

This has nothing to do with who our manager will be, I would just rather see long term gain put ahead of short term.

Flynn Downes will hopefully come back all the better for his loan and go straight in.

If we are serious about our academy we should have a production line of players loaned through the levels.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Dozzell on 23:53 - Aug 13 with 6689 viewsStNeotsBlue

I thought he looked decent on Saturday, the corner he took was begging to be finished. But in general I'd agree we need to see him taking charge of a game.
Dozzell on 00:11 - Aug 14 with 6644 viewsArnieM

..,,, is Andre just a good player with flashes of brilliance on occasions, but who by and large is simply vastly overrated?
I was at Luton tonight and he ( as usual), simply fails to catch the eye.

Young Clements, & Dobra caught the eye .. .... so why not Dozzell ? He’s almost anonymous at times.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dozzell on 06:46 - Aug 14 with 6422 viewsbilllm

Dozzell on 00:11 - Aug 14 by ArnieM

..,,, is Andre just a good player with flashes of brilliance on occasions, but who by and large is simply vastly overrated?

Young Clements, & Dobra caught the eye .. .... so why not Dozzell ? He’s almost anonymous at times.

He's just overrated,
Dozzell on 07:05 - Aug 14 with 6360 viewsKeaneish

Dozzell on 06:46 - Aug 14 by billlm

He's just overrated,

I'm beginning to think the same. His best attribute is an eye for a pass but he rarely earns the right to be able to play to do this regularly throughout the game. I think any talent is going to go to waste unless some work is done with him. Look how busy Shinnie was for Luton tonight continually linking defence to attack.

Dozzell on 07:07 - Aug 14 with 6358 viewsdissboy2

Dozzell on 23:53 - Aug 13 by StNeotsBlue

I thought he looked decent on Saturday, the corner he took was begging to be finished. But in general I'd agree we need to see him taking charge of a game.

he just lacks the mentality and physicality to put himself about. Not something someone else having a quiet word will sort out, the determination needs to come from within him
Dozzell on 07:17 - Aug 14 with 6310 viewsStokieBlue

He's one of our own with a good backstory given his dad and thus he gets mythical status which he's done nothing to deserve.

Hope springs eternal that something will change, mindset maybe, and that he will suddenly become the player we all want him to be but the time horizon for that happening is approaching rapidly.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dozzell on 07:27 - Aug 14 with 6268 viewsBryanPlug

Dozzell on 00:11 - Aug 14 by ArnieM

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 08:00 - Aug 14 with 6145 viewsTractorWood

Sadly, I agree with most of this thread. He's a passenger in games, needs to grab it by the scruff.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Dozzell on 08:25 - Aug 14 with 6034 viewsNaylorsboots

Living off the back of his name. Nothing special in him at all. Over rated.
Dozzell on 09:00 - Aug 14 with 5938 viewsArnieM

Dozzell on 07:27 - Aug 14 by BryanPlug

No he wasn’t , he was a young lad giving the opponent too much space . He was getting out for that and the pace of the game at that level . It was his FIRST senior game . He adjusted as the game went in and will have learnt far more in that one game last night then s whole season at
U18/23.

Jeeezee-us H , some of you fans haven’t got an Effin clue have you!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dozzell on 11:35 - Aug 14 with 5777 viewsgmanrom

You need to give the lad time ffs, every youth team player I have spoke to have said he is the best youth team player they have seen. Some youngsters take longer to make the transition.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Dozzell on 11:41 - Aug 14 with 5755 viewsBryanPlug

Dozzell on 09:00 - Aug 14 by ArnieM

No he wasn’t , he was a young lad giving the opponent too much space . He was getting out for that and the pace of the game at that level . It was his FIRST senior game . He adjusted as the game went in and will have learnt far more in that one game last night then s whole season at
U18/23.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Dozzell on 11:48 - Aug 14 with 5721 viewsmr_bean

Dozzell on 11:35 - Aug 14 by gmanrom

You need to give the lad time ffs, every youth team player I have spoke to have said he is the best youth team player they have seen. Some youngsters take longer to make the transition.

Out of interest, which youth team players have you spoken to?
Dozzell on 11:49 - Aug 14 with 5718 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Ha ha ! People have been raving about him for a long while. 2 years ago I saw plenty of comments about that he should have been a regular in the team.

He couldn't have been a regular even in that terrible team last season.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 11:50]
Dozzell on 11:54 - Aug 14 with 5695 viewsmidastouch

I wonder if his serious injury has sowed a few seeds of doubt. This is only speculation of course, no way of knowing for certain. There's a good bit in Bullard's biography where he talks about how he was never quite so committed to tackles and putting his body on the line after he had serious injuries, as there's just that bit of doubt in the back of your mind. However, in football you need to be 100% to stand any chance and if you hold anything back (even 1% or 2%) that can be the difference between success and failure. In Andre's favour is he had his serious injury much younger so it should give him a much better chance than it would for an older player. But some players do experience negative psychological responses to serious injuries. While injuries are common in athletes the fact remains psychological responses to injuries can include problematic reactions, especially when the injury sustained was a serious one.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Dozzell on 13:03 - Aug 14 with 5469 viewsPositivelyPortman

Once again I return to Hurst.
This is exactly what he said about Dozzer.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Dozzell on 13:30 - Aug 14 with 5382 viewsTractorWood

He's got worse in 3 years.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Dozzell on 13:41 - Aug 14 with 5359 viewsRyorry

Dozzell on 11:54 - Aug 14 by midastouch

I wonder if his serious injury has sowed a few seeds of doubt. This is only speculation of course, no way of knowing for certain. There's a good bit in Bullard's biography where he talks about how he was never quite so committed to tackles and putting his body on the line after he had serious injuries, as there's just that bit of doubt in the back of your mind. However, in football you need to be 100% to stand any chance and if you hold anything back (even 1% or 2%) that can be the difference between success and failure. In Andre's favour is he had his serious injury much younger so it should give him a much better chance than it would for an older player. But some players do experience negative psychological responses to serious injuries. While injuries are common in athletes the fact remains psychological responses to injuries can include problematic reactions, especially when the injury sustained was a serious one.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Dozzell on 13:45 - Aug 14 with 5340 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Dozzell on 09:00 - Aug 14 by ArnieM

U18/23.

He was poor. Nobody is saying that he is crap, but last night he was out of his depth. To say he caught the eye is pushing it??

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Dozzell on 13:49 - Aug 14 with 5323 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Dozzell is our most talented youth player and easily the player on our books with the most potential, he just has an incredible range of pass and his vision, which we only see in glimpses, is amazing.

However, you are spot on, he needs to dictate games and he just doesn't. It is interesting to see how well Flynn has developed and Andre has slowed down. But I still have high hopes that he will make it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Wouldn't get near the team.... on 13:56 - Aug 14 with 5292 viewsBloots

....if his surname was Smith.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Dozzell on 13:59 - Aug 14 with 5293 viewsKeaneish

Dozzell on 13:49 - Aug 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

Dozzell is our most talented youth player and easily the player on our books with the most potential, he just has an incredible range of pass and his vision, which we only see in glimpses, is amazing.

However, you are spot on, he needs to dictate games and he just doesn't. It is interesting to see how well Flynn has developed and Andre has slowed down. But I still have high hopes that he will make it.

Flynn had his time on loan whereas Dozzell was sidelined for a year so maybe its fair to say Dozzell is a year behind Flynn. Maybe a loan will do Dozzell good and i thnk it'll be the right call to aid his development. As soon as Nolan is back and Huws is fully fit, he'll be 5th choice centre mid.

Dozzell on 14:02 - Aug 14 with 5286 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Andre Dozzell has a gift. He has fantastic vision and can play the ball beautifully with both feet. On the ball he looks every bit the Premier League footballer in the making. He's a natural.

At present, thought, that's where the compliments end.

The kid needs to show more desire - it's almost as if he thinks he can get into the team on his name alone, but he must do more. He frustrates us all.

I find it hard to believe that after quite a few years in professional football now, he's still such a skinny runt, and you never see him running around putting himself about. A few years ago, you'd have rated him the far greater prospect out of himself and Downes, but through hard work and the right attitude, Downes has soared past him and is streets ahead.

Dozzell need to look at himself. He's got everything going for him, but now he's got to apply himself. This season is an opportunity. Time to step up to the plate young man.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Dozzell on 14:48 - Aug 14 with 5220 viewsMullet

Dozzell on 14:02 - Aug 14 by ThatMuhrenCross

Andre Dozzell has a gift. He has fantastic vision and can play the ball beautifully with both feet. On the ball he looks every bit the Premier League footballer in the making. He's a natural.

At present, thought, that's where the compliments end.

The kid needs to show more desire - it's almost as if he thinks he can get into the team on his name alone, but he must do more. He frustrates us all.

I find it hard to believe that after quite a few years in professional football now, he's still such a skinny runt, and you never see him running around putting himself about. A few years ago, you'd have rated him the far greater prospect out of himself and Downes, but through hard work and the right attitude, Downes has soared past him and is streets ahead.

Dozzell need to look at himself. He's got everything going for him, but now he's got to apply himself. This season is an opportunity. Time to step up to the plate young man.

Joe Cole, Michael Owen, Leo Messi, DA Maradonna etc. were all considered runty by different fans. I think we are still at a point where unlike Rugby, physicality doesn't have to be the determining factor.

He's barely had 2 years of pro football thanks to an injury that in his Dad's time would have been a career ender. He made his debut at 16 after all at the tail end of a season. Having seen Bishop here, I find it really frustrating people suddenly want to write him off now. The stuff about his surname in this thread is laughably hypocritical.

Your last bit is spot on, but we have had 3 games so far and he's been played out of position as a sub and in a team where Lambert has got off fairly lightly in my opinion.

Chambers has made a howler, Holy, Judge and Norwood have barely got going, we've taken 4 from 6 and our best performers have been Garbutt, Rowe and Skuse. People are getting very giddy with their final judgements so soon, and so selectively.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024