Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The supposed budget for more players... 13:24 - Aug 13 with 2591 viewshampstead_blue

ME stated there is a budget for two or three but we've not heard anything.

Any good rumours?

I'd like to get a decent CB in to replace Chambers. He was found out a long while back but somehow keeps in the frame with rhetoric and those stupid fist pumps.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The rumour is that we.... on 13:27 - Aug 13 with 2570 viewsBloots

....are going to replace every player that makes a mistake.

Every time.

Our budget for this exercise is £475M. (per transfer window)

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

The supposed budget for more players... on 13:28 - Aug 13 with 2565 viewsJ2BLUE

Chambers has had one game in league one against one of the favourites for the title and limited them to one shot on target which yes, came from his mistake.

It's very early, and very wrong, to be calling for him to be replaced.

It never fails to amaze me how alleged Town fans are happy to write our players off, especially Chambers who has been a great captain and servant. I know he made mistakes last year but there was more than enough Saturday to suggest he will be very good in this league. He was also organising the back line and talking to Holy a lot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The supposed budget for more players... on 13:30 - Aug 13 with 2535 viewshampstead_blue

The supposed budget for more players... on 13:28 - Aug 13 by J2BLUE

Chambers has had one game in league one against one of the favourites for the title and limited them to one shot on target which yes, came from his mistake.

It never fails to amaze me how alleged Town fans are happy to write our players off, especially Chambers who has been a great captain and servant. I know he made mistakes last year but there was more than enough Saturday to suggest he will be very good in this league. He was also organising the back line and talking to Holy a lot.

Ok, so to put this into context.
I've been calling for him to be replaced for a while. So it's not news. He's great at the shouty stuff but he's a footballer so I'd prefer we got a better footballer for the money.

My thoughts are toward who could we get?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

"It never fails to amaze me....." on 13:30 - Aug 13 with 2530 viewsBloots

....really?

I mean really?

You've posted on here for over 19 days now and have contributed to over 23 threads.

This really can't amaze you.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

James Wilson. (n/t) on 13:32 - Aug 13 with 2511 viewsBloots

The supposed budget for more players... on 13:30 - Aug 13 by hampstead_blue

Ok, so to put this into context.
I've been calling for him to be replaced for a while. So it's not news. He's great at the shouty stuff but he's a footballer so I'd prefer we got a better footballer for the money.

My thoughts are toward who could we get?

The supposed budget for more players... on 14:02 - Aug 13 with 2405 viewsbraveblue

Let’s just ignore the number of goals given away over the past couple of seasons then.
The supposed budget for more players... on 14:07 - Aug 13 with 2374 viewsVaughan8

I love how people write Chambers off and think Nsiala is great cos he had about 2 OK games at the end of last season. I saw him against Swansea and he was mostly not very good!

Chambers is our best centre back (and captain!). Make of that what you will.

People saying he makes mistakes, but so do all the others. I actually think Chambers is integral to the team and seems to be a great Captain (with the players if not for some of the fans)
The supposed budget for more players... on 14:26 - Aug 13 with 2333 viewssotd78

Chambers has spent a large part of his career out of position. He played Saturday out of position and if you watch the highlights back there's a clear case of him calling our keeper to come deal. That he then tried to run the ball out of play was a mistake - no one argues that.
But I don't see a plethora of centre backs queueing up to replace him.

For those actually at the game - or any other games previously for that matter - then you would clearly see the amount of organising that Chamber's does - the back four were rock solid and that is down to the captaincy on the pitch.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Login to get fewer ads

Well certain people ignore..... on 14:33 - Aug 13 with 2311 viewsBloots

The supposed budget for more players... on 14:02 - Aug 13 by braveblue

Let’s just ignore the number of goals given away over the past couple of seasons then.

.....mistakes made by every other defender, and goalkeepers.

They also ignore every missed chance.

They also ignore every cross that fails to beat the first defender.

What about every corner that sails off for a throw on?

We ignore every set piece that ends up being 5 yards wide.

So yes, we can ignore them.

The supposed budget for more players... on 14:43 - Aug 13 with 2265 viewsBlueBadger

The supposed budget for more players... on 14:02 - Aug 13 by braveblue

Be fair, you spent the whole of last season ignoring all the points Hurst and Lambert gave away.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well certain people ignore..... on 15:49 - Aug 13 with 2154 viewsbraveblue

Well certain people ignore..... on 14:33 - Aug 13 by Bloots

With that logic no one should ever be dropped!!!
The supposed budget for more players... on 15:51 - Aug 13 with 2153 viewsbraveblue

The supposed budget for more players... on 14:43 - Aug 13 by BlueBadger

Be fair, you spent the whole of last season ignoring all the points Hurst and Lambert gave away.

No idea what you are talking about.
Well certain people ignore..... on 16:18 - Aug 13 with 2090 viewsOsborneOneNil

Well certain people ignore..... on 14:33 - Aug 13 by Bloots

Bit extreme. There's a big difference in the type of error Chambers made on Saturday (plus the others last year) and a player hitting the first defender when putting in a cross.

Crikey.
Should Holy be dropped..... on 16:21 - Aug 13 with 2076 viewsBloots

Well certain people ignore..... on 16:18 - Aug 13 by OsborneOneNil

Bit extreme. There's a big difference in the type of error Chambers made on Saturday (plus the others last year) and a player hitting the first defender when putting in a cross.

Crikey.

.....for his error against Burton?

There's a valid argument that it was worse than Chambo's on Saturday, albeit it didn't lead to a goal.

Well certain people ignore..... on 16:25 - Aug 13 with 2065 viewsMullet

Well certain people ignore..... on 16:18 - Aug 13 by OsborneOneNil

Crikey.

Give us the examples from last year compared to Toto's please.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Well certain people ignore..... on 16:47 - Aug 13 with 2009 viewsOsborneOneNil

Well certain people ignore..... on 16:25 - Aug 13 by Mullet

Give us the examples from last year compared to Toto's please.

Compared to Toto's? Why? Pennington was probably more of an issue, at times.

One that sticks firmly in the memory is the one at home v's Boro. When he passed the ball to Downing, who scored. Plenty of others, not all lead to a goal, of course.

Listen, I think Chambers is an ace bloke, love how he loves Town...but, he is more of a liability than most want to admit on here, and I get why that is. Just think he needs to be 'drop-able' if he's struggling. The error v Sunderland was awful, really bad.

Skuse, I've also been down on him, but he's had a decent start to the season, fair play to him. I'm only calling it as I see it.
Should Holy be dropped..... on 16:48 - Aug 13 with 1998 viewsOsborneOneNil

Should Holy be dropped..... on 16:21 - Aug 13 by Bloots

.....for his error against Burton?

There's a valid argument that it was worse than Chambo's on Saturday, albeit it didn't lead to a goal.

I think not. It's his first ever game, so if he gets dropped how does that affect him?

Chambo is a veteran, seasoned pro. I'm not saying drop him next game, btw, but if he continues to error, then it needs looking at.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024