Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris and his Purdah plan 13:47 - Aug 12 with 6037 viewsBrixtonBlue

Is this right?

The Cabinet Office imposes Purdah before elections. This is a period of roughly six weeks in which Government Departments are not allowed to communicate with members of the public about any new or controversial Government initiatives (such as modernisation initiatives, and administrative and legislative changes).

By calling for a snap general election while October the 31st is within 6 weeks, Boris can effectively prevent opposition to a no-deal Brexit from discussing, or even tabling new legislation, all while avoiding negative press about this particular issue.

So he can push through a no-deal without anyone being able to stop him, simply by calling an election 6 weeks before the 31st October?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Boris and his Purdah plan on 10:39 - Aug 13 with 2143 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:54 - Aug 12 by StokieBlue

Indeed.

It's a total mess whatever way it goes.

SB

Looks like I was right... but thankfully it looks like it CAN be stopped;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49320773

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Boris and his Purdah plan on 10:42 - Aug 13 with 2142 viewsStokieBlue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 10:39 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Looks like I was right... but thankfully it looks like it CAN be stopped;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49320773

Hopefully they will be able to - it's not the route a country like ours should be taking to force things through. It's pretty shameful that it's even being discussed as an option.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris and his Purdah plan on 10:47 - Aug 13 with 2136 viewsSteve_M

Boris and his Purdah plan on 10:42 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

Hopefully they will be able to - it's not the route a country like ours should be taking to force things through. It's pretty shameful that it's even being discussed as an option.

SB

I think Ian Dunt is right here, it's all an attempt to make everything seem inevitable.

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/08/13/psychological-warfare-over-no-deal-m

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Boris and his Purdah plan on 10:57 - Aug 13 with 2125 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 10:42 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

SB

Indeed. But this is Boris, he doesn't know the meaning of the word 'shame'!

This is our Prime Minister FFS. What on earth have we become?!

Boris and his Purdah plan on 11:18 - Aug 13 with 2093 viewsStokieBlue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 10:57 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Totally agree, you won't find me showing support for him.

The unfortunate thing is that I can't support JC either (although that is probably mainly because of McDonnell) so what am I left with?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris and his Purdah plan on 11:25 - Aug 13 with 2084 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 11:18 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

Totally agree, you won't find me showing support for him.

The unfortunate thing is that I can't support JC either (although that is probably mainly because of McDonnell) so what am I left with?

SB

I reckon the Queen should just hold an unprecedented press conference, say she's fed up with her rubbish politicians and is taking over. First off, cancel brexit. "One is doing this for the best of all, as your Queen."

She would go up in my estimation, and would go down as one of the best monarchs in our history!

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:06 - Aug 13 with 2052 viewsNo9

Boris and his Purdah plan on 17:35 - Aug 12 by flimflam

Its exactly what they are doing unless the EU comes back to the table which they have declined thus far.

Its a perfect storm for BJ and his no deal chums and nothing anyone can do to stop it now.

Although if No.10 take the Uk out of the EU with the current legislation on the statute books it will be illegal
Obviously that can only be tested in the courts after the event and raises the question of Treason
Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:18 - Aug 13 with 2044 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 10:57 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

A couple of weeks ago you thought Boris would make a good PM.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:26 - Aug 13 with 2027 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:18 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

A couple of weeks ago you thought Boris would make a good PM.

Not busy with the family today then Glassers? No interest in the OP, just point scoring.

And lying (again) obviously. I said he MIGHT make a good PM. Very different from he WOULD make a good PM.

If I were you I'd find it hard work keeping up with my dishonesty and hypocrisy. It's almost an art-form. Maybe you could put on a play in Edinburgh.

BTW, before you call me a toddler again, and say I'm blubbing, I'm merely pointing out the facts. Try to drink them in, they taste lovely.

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:32 - Aug 13 with 2021 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:26 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Not busy with the family today then Glassers? No interest in the OP, just point scoring.

And lying (again) obviously. I said he MIGHT make a good PM. Very different from he WOULD make a good PM.

If I were you I'd find it hard work keeping up with my dishonesty and hypocrisy. It's almost an art-form. Maybe you could put on a play in Edinburgh.

BTW, before you call me a toddler again, and say I'm blubbing, I'm merely pointing out the facts. Try to drink them in, they taste lovely.

You really do have a massive insecurity complex. If I was interested in point scoring I’d go for somebody more worthwhile. Point scoring against you is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:33 - Aug 13 with 2017 viewsflimflam

Boris and his Purdah plan on 22:59 - Aug 12 by HARRY10

The reality is all sides know brexit is not going to happen.But don't want to be seen as the ones who finally pulled the plug. This has been the cause of so such delay - though wiser heads might have noticed that there always have been enough votes to carefully push it in the right direction.

Which suggests there will also be enough votes to finish the job. Ask your selves why things have contrived to now be a choice between no brexit and no deal. Could it be that having that choice allows MPs to state that they had to stop this suicidal leap into oblivion.

So cast your minds back and you would find very few, three years ago, who would imagine that brexit had not happened by now and in fact all the talk was actually how to put an end to it once and for all.

We are here not by accident but by MPs also having an eye on their future as well as that of the country. And around 60 nut job right wingers will not crash the UK economy as much as Bertie Bulls it tries to tell uus they will.

You really believe Brexit is not going to happen.

Most experts saying over 80% chance of a no deal now.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:40 - Aug 13 with 2004 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:32 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

You really do have a massive insecurity complex. If I was interested in point scoring I’d go for somebody more worthwhile. Point scoring against you is like shooting fish in a barrel.

How do you explain your 'contribution' above then?

I'm very secure thanks. I just enjoy calling you out for what you are. THAT is like shooting fish in a barrel.

I'll await your apology for your lie.

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:42 - Aug 13 with 1999 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:33 - Aug 13 by flimflam

Oh we are believing experts again now are we? How convenient...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:48 - Aug 13 with 1988 viewsPilgrimblue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:25 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

"But it would still effectively be tying the hands of a future administration. Very bad form."

Indeed. But if that's the rule, what's to stop him? I'm hoping there's some 'special circumstances' clause to stop the white haired buffoon... which is why I posed the OP.

On the face of it, unless someone knows different, Purdah is the loophole he needs.

Boris is blonde! unless you're referring JC

Trouble is most MPs are buffoons and have between them messed up big time.

However you maybe right and Boris has spotted it as his only option!!
Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:51 - Aug 13 with 1983 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:40 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

How do you explain your 'contribution' above then?

I'm very secure thanks. I just enjoy calling you out for what you are. THAT is like shooting fish in a barrel.

I'll await your apology for your lie.

“I’ll await your apology for your lie”. Get you head from your up your own backside dollers.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris and his Purdah plan on 15:01 - Aug 13 with 1969 viewsPilgrimblue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:33 - Aug 13 by flimflam

Bookmakers and financial market say its a racing certainty!
Boris and his Purdah plan on 15:19 - Aug 13 with 1959 viewsflimflam

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:42 - Aug 13 by SpruceMoose

Oh we are believing experts again now are we? How convenient...

Yes when the experts are actually pro remain so basically admitting defeat.

Boris and his Purdah plan on 15:25 - Aug 13 with 1951 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris and his Purdah plan on 15:19 - Aug 13 by flimflam

Yes when the experts are actually pro remain so basically admitting defeat.

Right... so you pick and choose which 'experts' to believe based on your own preconceived feelings. Nice to get one of you lot to admit it finally
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 15:26]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Boris and his Purdah plan on 15:49 - Aug 13 with 1940 viewsflimflam

Boris and his Purdah plan on 15:25 - Aug 13 by SpruceMoose

Right... so you pick and choose which 'experts' to believe based on your own preconceived feelings. Nice to get one of you lot to admit it finally
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 15:26]

I take with a pinch of salt remainers making wild claims as I do leavers as things are always exaggerated from both sides.

However when remainers are saying the opposite of the usual scripted soundbites they continuously dribble out then it carries a little more weight in my flimflammy opinion.

Buona giornata

Boris and his Purdah plan on 15:52 - Aug 13 with 1936 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris and his Purdah plan on 15:49 - Aug 13 by flimflam

I take with a pinch of salt remainers making wild claims as I do leavers as things are always exaggerated from both sides.

However when remainers are saying the opposite of the usual scripted soundbites they continuously dribble out then it carries a little more weight in my flimflammy opinion.

Buona giornata

I don't think even you believe that deep down. Be honest. You like what they say because it matches your feelings.

Boris and his Purdah plan on 15:54 - Aug 13 with 1935 viewsflimflam

Boris and his Purdah plan on 15:52 - Aug 13 by SpruceMoose

I don't think even you believe that deep down. Be honest. You like what they say because it matches your feelings.

I dont have any feelings.

Boris and his Purdah plan on 18:13 - Aug 13 with 1907 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris and his Purdah plan on 14:51 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

“I’ll await your apology for your lie”. Get you head from your up your own backside dollers.

Haha. WTF does that mean? You lied, I pointed it out. Man up and admit it or STFU.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024