Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever used AirBnB? 12:55 - Aug 12 with 3866 viewsSitfcB

Going away to Glasgow for the weekend in October.

Usually book through booking.com but have seen people get good deals on there?

Do you know if you can pay on arrival or does it have to be in advance?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 12:57 - Aug 12 with 2263 viewsReuser_is_God

I've never personally booked anything through them but my mate has done for several trips away & always been good.

Every AirBnB I've been too has also been the bollox.

Payment is dependent on the accommodation.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 13:00]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 12:58 - Aug 12 with 2260 viewsSomethingBlue

Yeah, numerous times a year both for work and recreation. I've never not paid in advance but it might be you can make arrangements with individuals, not sure. Looking back I'm don't think I've ever had a single sub-par experience — and there've been some absolutely breathtaking deals/places and great people met.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 12:58 - Aug 12 with 2250 viewsSWGF

Done last three summer hols via AirBNB and also a trip to Barca earlier in the year. Always paid in advance as (more often than not) you meet a housekeeper or cleaner who provides you with the keys.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 13:01 - Aug 12 with 2232 viewsTractorCam

I used it for Germany last month, i'd recommend, the ones I was with kept their place nice and clean.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 13:04 - Aug 12 with 2199 viewsgiant_stow

Yeah I've done it a few times and it works fine. Always paying in advance though - I've trusted the power of reputation to protect against trouble there..

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 13:20 - Aug 12 with 2134 viewsCoastalblue

I've used Airbnb dozens of times, don't think I've had a bad experience yet. I think I've always paid in advance, though not normally at the time of booking depending upon how far in advance it is.

What I have found recently though is that many of the properties are on multiple sites and can sometimes be cheaper on some than others. I've got a four day stopover from Thursday this week, I found it on Airbnb but booked through booking.com because after the service charge etc it was cheaper on there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 13:43 - Aug 12 with 2053 viewsBent_double

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 13:20 - Aug 12 by Coastalblue

I've used Airbnb dozens of times, don't think I've had a bad experience yet. I think I've always paid in advance, though not normally at the time of booking depending upon how far in advance it is.

What I have found recently though is that many of the properties are on multiple sites and can sometimes be cheaper on some than others. I've got a four day stopover from Thursday this week, I found it on Airbnb but booked through booking.com because after the service charge etc it was cheaper on there.

airbnb should be cheaper as generally the owners don't have to bother with things like fire safety, insurance, oh, and paying tax on their income, unlike hotels, guesthouses and b&bs usually do...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 13:57 - Aug 12 with 2010 viewsJakeITFC

Yup, used it all over the place and haven’t got a bad word to say about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:00 - Aug 12 with 2003 viewsMrTown

I used it recently in Barcelona, great service.

Paid when we got there I think. There was 7 of us.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:03 - Aug 12 with 1990 viewsBiGDonnie

Can sometimes be a bit hit and miss with whatever type of owner you get, but generally it's the only site I'll sue for weekends away in the UK.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:05 - Aug 12 with 1982 viewsMookamoo

Used it about a dozen times now, both UK and abroad. Never had an issue, but do use spend a lot of time reading the reviews. There is no way to manipulate these like there is on sites like TripAdvisor etc.

If its your first time, try and rent from a SuperHost - they have the best reputation and are generally the best at communication etc.
Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:09 - Aug 12 with 1969 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yep, loads of times - New York just recently, Berlin, Austria. Always get a much better place than a hotel, and cheaper. Mostly pay in advance I think, although we paid part in advance and part after being there for New York when it was definite I was coming (the missus was already over there).

Like ebay, if you go with someone with decent reviews you won't have a problem. I'm amazed people look at hotels anymore when you can get so much nicer and for less.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:11 - Aug 12 with 1949 viewsJakeITFC

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:09 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

Yep, loads of times - New York just recently, Berlin, Austria. Always get a much better place than a hotel, and cheaper. Mostly pay in advance I think, although we paid part in advance and part after being there for New York when it was definite I was coming (the missus was already over there).

Like ebay, if you go with someone with decent reviews you won't have a problem. I'm amazed people look at hotels anymore when you can get so much nicer and for less.

There is still very much a time and a place for a hotel.
Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:16 - Aug 12 with 1928 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:11 - Aug 12 by JakeITFC

There is still very much a time and a place for a hotel.

Like?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:18 - Aug 12 with 1923 viewsSomethingBlue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:16 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

Like?

I think he's right (as someone who is also a big AirBnB advocate). Sometimes a hotel is simply a bit easier — no need to arrange check-ins beforehand etc — and it's nice to have things laid on for you in a certain setting. Horses for courses. I like to mix it up.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 15:05 - Aug 12 with 1834 viewsdusseldorf_blue

We have a place in Cyprus we rent using AirBnB

Works just fine, as the renter I get the money the day after the person checks in, I presume that AirBnB take it a while in advance of that.

Also depends on the cancellation policy I guess, as ours is a holiday home we have a 'strict cancellation' policy so the money is taken by AirBnB in advance.

If you are ever going to Cyprus let me know ;-)
Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 16:47 - Aug 12 with 1724 viewsCoastalblue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 15:05 - Aug 12 by dusseldorf_blue

We have a place in Cyprus we rent using AirBnB

Works just fine, as the renter I get the money the day after the person checks in, I presume that AirBnB take it a while in advance of that.

Also depends on the cancellation policy I guess, as ours is a holiday home we have a 'strict cancellation' policy so the money is taken by AirBnB in advance.

If you are ever going to Cyprus let me know ;-)

If you mean that, drop me a PM as a reminder, my other half's best friends live in Cyprus and as we've not visited for a couple of years I suspect I might get told a visit is due in the next 12 months.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Eh? on 16:53 - Aug 12 with 1712 viewsDyland

Like?

If you want to be waited on, obviously.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 16:55 - Aug 12 with 1708 viewsJ2BLUE

Like?

Vegas?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 16:56 - Aug 12 with 1707 viewschicoazul

Like?

Clean bed sheets for one thing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 16:58 - Aug 12 with 1701 viewschicoazul

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:18 - Aug 12 by SomethingBlue

I think he's right (as someone who is also a big AirBnB advocate). Sometimes a hotel is simply a bit easier — no need to arrange check-ins beforehand etc — and it's nice to have things laid on for you in a certain setting. Horses for courses. I like to mix it up.

here is something i've often idly wondered about AirBnB; do you have the people whose house/flat whatever it is there, when you are there?

If so; fck that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 16:59 - Aug 12 with 1697 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 16:56 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

Clean bed sheets for one thing.

You get clean bedsheets in an airbnb... well I have each time I've used it. Otherwise they'd get bad reviews.

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:00 - Aug 12 with 1682 viewsJakeITFC

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 16:58 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

here is something i've often idly wondered about AirBnB; do you have the people whose house/flat whatever it is there, when you are there?

If so; fck that.

Can do, but usually in my experience you’d rent the whole flat/house rather than just a room.

I have done it with people being there and it was perfectly fine also.
Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:00 - Aug 12 with 1681 viewsJ2BLUE

If so; fck that.

You can get a room or the whole place.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:01 - Aug 12 with 1679 viewsBrixtonBlue

If so; fck that.

Ah, so you're spouting off on something you have no knowledge of again? Figures.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024