Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Norwood 12:01 - Aug 12 with 2238 viewsBlueBlood90

I've only seen the highlights from pre-season and our first two games.

How is he looking?

From the highlights he looks like he's holding the ball up and bringing other players into play nicely, but does he look threatening and like he's going to score goals at this level?

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

James Norwood on 12:03 - Aug 12 with 2205 viewshomer_123

He needs service - busy, industrious and a nuisance at the moment.

He needs balls played into him, not crosses but balls to run onto in and around the area - he's not going to create many opportunities for himself.

That said, def a player there.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

James Norwood on 12:04 - Aug 12 with 2166 viewsReuser_is_God

Doing all the right things but probably trying too hard to get that 1st goal.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

James Norwood on 12:05 - Aug 12 with 2156 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He is absolutely bonkers. Puts himself about and fights for every ball. A real handful.

In front of goal he seems to be snatching at shots as he is so desperate to score. When he gets the first one more will follow I am sure. he just needs to relax.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

James Norwood on 12:05 - Aug 12 with 2156 viewsJackSted

Him and Jackson have no chemisty and always get in each others way. We need an attacking midfielder who can play just beind them. Then they might get better chances.

Also I think Jackson has zero confidence at the mo. There was a point at the game on Saturday when a defender stepped on the ball and all Jackson needed to do was pass into an empy net (the keep was the other side of the box taking the freekick) and he panicked.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 12:08]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

James Norwood on 12:10 - Aug 12 with 2071 viewsShropshireBluenago09

James Norwood on 12:05 - Aug 12 by JackSted

Him and Jackson have no chemisty and always get in each others way. We need an attacking midfielder who can play just beind them. Then they might get better chances.

Also I think Jackson has zero confidence at the mo. There was a point at the game on Saturday when a defender stepped on the ball and all Jackson needed to do was pass into an empy net (the keep was the other side of the box taking the freekick) and he panicked.

Think Keane (Will) or a Murphy type would be perfect foil for Nors,

Gus Uhlenbeek

James Norwood on 12:21 - Aug 12 with 1975 viewsBlueBlood90

Hopefully when Gwion's back we'll see Judge or Nolan in a number 10 role. Hopefully that'll bring him better service.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

James Norwood on 12:24 - Aug 12 with 1939 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Hope he bangs in 20 goals this season, but I don't think he will get into double figures.

Need to kill teams off when we are on top because there is always a mistake waiting from the back 4.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

James Norwood on 12:25 - Aug 12 with 1934 viewsCoastalblue

I thought first half Saturday there was the making of a partnership there, Jackson's pace was scaring the Sunderland defenders and Norwood was looking a bust fighter.

Second half is best forgotten, but I think those two could build a profitable partnership.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

James Norwood on 12:25 - Aug 12 with 1932 viewsDarth_Koont

Very encouraging.

Second half on Saturday was his worst and least productive half by far but he had zero to work with. Instead of quick balls up to him and Jackson we became slower and more deliberate but then wasted every single ball which could have justified that approach.

On a related note, if Sunderland did anything well it was that they didn't overcommit in search of an equaliser. Because when we can't play on the break we look a little clueless and harmless. Hopefully we can develop the ability to play through teams or at least pressure them into mistakes - that'll be vital if we're going to challenge for the automatics as opposed to just the playoffs.

Pronouns: He/Him

James Norwood on 15:22 - Aug 12 with 1468 viewsJ2BLUE

He looks decent. Had a couple of half chances on Saturday which would have flown into the net on a different day. He wasted one half chance with a weak shot but a lucky Sunderland block at the other end was probably the only thing that stopped him scoring his first goal for us. In the second half we didn't create much. Judge wasted three opportunities to get a decent ball in.

I found Saturday really encouraging. Sunderland had one shot on target which came from the defensive error. We just need a back up striker and we look set. Anyone else would be a bonus.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Best signing in ages on 15:27 - Aug 12 with 1439 viewsDyland

Proper handful and a workhorse. Creates space too, for himself and others. Trying too hard and snatching at shots though, but he'll bang some in before too long. I like the look of him.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Saturday was encouraging indeed on 15:34 - Aug 12 with 1402 viewsDyland

James Norwood on 15:22 - Aug 12 by J2BLUE

He looks decent. Had a couple of half chances on Saturday which would have flown into the net on a different day. He wasted one half chance with a weak shot but a lucky Sunderland block at the other end was probably the only thing that stopped him scoring his first goal for us. In the second half we didn't create much. Judge wasted three opportunities to get a decent ball in.

I found Saturday really encouraging. Sunderland had one shot on target which came from the defensive error. We just need a back up striker and we look set. Anyone else would be a bonus.

The defensive error was so frustrating. Should have won at a canter, even though we ourselves huffed and puffed a bit second half.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024