Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... 09:39 - Aug 11 with 7739 viewsSitfcB

.... I think it gets scrutinised a bit more.

I’m as disappointed as the next man that we didn’t win but it’s only the second game, mistakes are going to happen, not everything is gonna go our way.

Many players made many mistakes last season. Last season is done and gone. New season is a fresh slate. It’s his first game of the season ffs. If he makes mistakes game upon game then fair enough but just think it’s a little OTT at the minute. If it was someone else there wouldn’t be so much fuss.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:43 - Aug 11 with 4236 viewsWD19

I half agree.

I think the bigger problem is that we go overboard about any mistake. Then we wonder why our players all play with the handbrake on.

It’s L1. Mistakes will happen. Quite a lot of them. We need to play without fear.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:46 - Aug 11 with 4219 viewsstrikalite

We'll make mistakes and we'll concede goals, it happens to most, especially in this league, the fact is we can't rely on one goal to win games, if people point the finger at Chambers yesterday then they should also be pointing at others who didn't do the business at the other end..
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:49 - Aug 11 with 4203 viewshomer_123

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:46 - Aug 11 by strikalite

We'll make mistakes and we'll concede goals, it happens to most, especially in this league, the fact is we can't rely on one goal to win games, if people point the finger at Chambers yesterday then they should also be pointing at others who didn't do the business at the other end..

Agreed but...ultimately all he had to do was put it out.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:50 - Aug 11 with 4190 viewsBlackboots

Agreed. It’s a team game and it wasn’t the only mistake of the game, it just happened to be the one that was punished. There was still a lot to do from the error to the goal.

Midfielders missed opportunities to create goalscoring chances, there were occasions when our forwards could have made better choices. It was disappointing that our first half dominance didn’t lead to more than a one goal advantage. It’s too binary to say we didn’t win because of Chambers mistake.

The experience of Chambers, Skuse, Judge and (hopefully) Sears will be crucial this season. Every player will make numerous mistakes, if they didn’t they wouldn’t be playing for our club in the third division.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:01 - Aug 11 with 4140 viewsPendejo

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:49 - Aug 11 by homer_123

Agreed but...ultimately all he had to do was put it out.

and as the captain he will apologise to his team mates, pick himself up and go again.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:04 - Aug 11 with 4123 viewsjas0999

Sadly, the issue is we have suffered from these mistakes for eighteen months and there is no sign of it improving. Anyone can make a mistake - but we make them regularly. Holy got away with a clanger last week!
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:05 - Aug 11 with 4125 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep. I was at Watford-Brighton yesterday and saw Solly March, one of the best players on the pitch, almost give an equaliser away with exactly the same mistake Chambers made. Fortunately his teammates were good enough to bail him out. It happens. No point wringing our hands over Chambers just now.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 10:22]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:11 - Aug 11 with 4090 viewsbrogansnose

I know that Chambers has got his hate club going on at him but, sorry and I say this as someone who has got a lot of love for the man, he shouldn't have made such a schoolboy error with his age and experience. He'll reflect on that,won't get caught out again and simply row Z the bloody ball but we need to stop conceding these pathetic goals which is one of the main reasons we got in this damn league in the first place.

We need to stop making excuses for mediocrity.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:13 - Aug 11 with 4073 viewspointofblue

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:05 - Aug 11 by SomethingBlue

Yep. I was at Watford-Brighton yesterday and saw Solly March, one of the best players on the pitch, almost give an equaliser away with exactly the same mistake Chambers made. Fortunately his teammates were good enough to bail him out. It happens. No point wringing our hands over Chambers just now.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 10:22]

My issue is similar mistakes are happening continuously. If they’re made and learned from then fair enough but this isn’t the first time Chambers has been caught in possession in a dangerous position which has lead to a goal and, unfortunately, I can’t see it being the last. All I can think of is he didn’t realise McNulty was so close to him so he had more time.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:14 - Aug 11 with 4071 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm a huge Chambers supporter and have got pelters on here in the past for supporting him (particularly at right back) but the issue for me is he's the senior pro of the defence. You could understand Woolfy making such a mistake but the senior player should know better.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:14 - Aug 11 with 4072 viewsHerbivore

It was a poor error but we defended it badly thereafter as well. Two defenders blindly ran to the goalline rather than trying to block the obvious pass. Holy had his near post covered so it would have needed a hell of a finish from the guy who robbed Chambers to score from there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:21 - Aug 11 with 4040 viewsstrikalite

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:11 - Aug 11 by brogansnose

I know that Chambers has got his hate club going on at him but, sorry and I say this as someone who has got a lot of love for the man, he shouldn't have made such a schoolboy error with his age and experience. He'll reflect on that,won't get caught out again and simply row Z the bloody ball but we need to stop conceding these pathetic goals which is one of the main reasons we got in this damn league in the first place.

We need to stop making excuses for mediocrity.

Having said what I said I do agree with you too, with experience comes making the right decisions, I think the Chambers of old would have done what you say, but defenders as a whole have become a little bit obsessed with playing the perfect game like the very top players do, I know Lambert encourages it, but a bit of the old Chambers at times is what's needed is situations like yesterday, I'm sure he knows that..
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:49 - Aug 11 with 3969 viewsmanchego

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:14 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

It was a poor error but we defended it badly thereafter as well. Two defenders blindly ran to the goalline rather than trying to block the obvious pass. Holy had his near post covered so it would have needed a hell of a finish from the guy who robbed Chambers to score from there.

From when the bloke got the ball to the ball ending up in the net took 4 seconds (nerd alert)
Very little recovery time.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:01 - Aug 11 with 3942 viewsHerbivore

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:49 - Aug 11 by manchego

From when the bloke got the ball to the ball ending up in the net took 4 seconds (nerd alert)
Very little recovery time.

Having watched it there's just a lack of awareness from the rest of the defence imo. They just run straight back to the goalline without looking to see where else the danger might be. The pass is too easy. That said if Chambo doesn't make the error that's all moot anyway.

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:03 - Aug 11 with 3936 viewsBluefish

Chambers and Skuse will get no leeway at all this season, would have been the same for Bart as well, some just won't move on.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:04 - Aug 11 with 3932 viewsCuffy81

It's a poor poor error, the ball was never going out just out it in the stand and get your shape back.

I always feel is isn't comfortable on the left hand side

No one will be hurting more than him, hanging him out to dry isn't going to change anything.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:23 - Aug 11 with 3880 viewsGaryCooper

'Anyone could've' Yep, it is just that Chambers has this progressive habit of being that 'anyone'.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:27 - Aug 11 with 3867 viewsWestcountryblue

To be fair, i'm happy that Chambers made the mistake, as he is a big enough character to take it in his stride and move on.

The mistake aside, Woolfenden and Chambers have some good qualities between them. I was impressed with Woolfenden's athleticism and ability on the ball.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:28 - Aug 11 with 3858 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Not sure I agree but if anybody was to make a mistake I’m pleased it’s him because it might have had a negative impact on say a Woolfenden.

Fact is Chambers has repeatedly made mistakes over the last year or so. Some he’s been punished for, others he hasn’t. He’ll get away with most of them in this division but what pleased me most yesterday was Woolfenden who clearly has a good chance of making one of the CB positions his.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:29 - Aug 11 with 3854 viewsRadlett_blue

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:23 - Aug 11 by GaryCooper

'Anyone could've' Yep, it is just that Chambers has this progressive habit of being that 'anyone'.

If Woolfenden had done the same, most of us would probably have forgiven him as a young player who would learn from it. Chambers is highly experienced and the younger players are supposed to be learning from him. We all make mistakes, but that was a pretty poor one. More acceptable if you're 1-0 down with 5 minutes to go & need to chase the game; not at 1-0 up.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:37 - Aug 11 with 3826 viewsJDB23

I get that we will make mistakes, but we've had them consistently for well over a year now. 2 games and 2 howlers so far, luckily 1 only costing us a goal. We can't just accept this is 'part of the game'. For as bad as Sunderland were, how many defensive clangers did they have?

If we want to do anything this year we really need to reduce the frequency of these happening. As has been said, the lack of ruthlessness at the other end of the pitch will always put a greater highlight on these mistakes. Plenty of work to do still but I am hopeful we'll kick on a bit after a tough first month.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:51 - Aug 11 with 3788 viewsRyorry

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:04 - Aug 11 by Cuffy81

It's a poor poor error, the ball was never going out just out it in the stand and get your shape back.

No one will be hurting more than him, hanging him out to dry isn't going to change anything.

Quite, he'll be feeling absolutely terrible about it.

Bad enough when I give away a stupid goal in old crocks' walking football with 2 people watching - dread to think how it must be in a professional game with around 25K watching!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:53 - Aug 11 with 3773 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:01 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Having watched it there's just a lack of awareness from the rest of the defence imo. They just run straight back to the goalline without looking to see where else the danger might be. The pass is too easy. That said if Chambo doesn't make the error that's all moot anyway.

I imagine the defence weren't expecting him to make that mistake. Once he does it's all over so quickly before you've had time to think too much!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:54 - Aug 11 with 3765 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:04 - Aug 11 by Cuffy81

That happened on the right hand side though.

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 12:11 - Aug 11 with 3714 viewsHerbivore

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:53 - Aug 11 by BrixtonBlue

I imagine the defence weren't expecting him to make that mistake. Once he does it's all over so quickly before you've had time to think too much!

But their instinct was just to run for the goalline, both of them. One ought to have hung back in order to make the pass more difficult and to try to force the player on the ball to shoot from a tight angle. I'm sure when they review it that's something they'll discuss alongside the obvious error.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024