Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Judge 21:08 - Aug 10 with 1694 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I think the criticism of him is harsh and unwarranted.

Yes, he had a poor end product today, but he was always trying to make things happen and you could see there is a quality player in there.

Give him a break though. He’s two months behind the rest of the squad, and this is still very much his pre-season. By Christmas he’ll be running this team, I guarantee it.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Hear hear... on 22:01 - Aug 10 with 1594 viewsunstableblue

... Judge let the side down his crossing, as did Chambo with his error, but Judge also did a few positive things and was trying to get on the ball. As you say he’s rusty, and the plan would not have been to bring him in as a Garbutt replacement.

Overall it wasn’t a perfect display, but there was loads to be pleased about and it was exciting, 17! Shots and frankly scaring the sh!t out of a good Sunderland defence for long periods.

We need to keep the amazing support seen today going.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Alan Judge on 22:10 - Aug 10 with 1567 viewsMullet

By Christmas we will be well adrift if he and Norwood continue to misfire. However he was very poor today, he’d say as much too I’d wager. Everything he tried failed to come off which was unacceptable given the way the game was poised. Part of that comes back to Lambert choosing to persist when Ross changes his side around

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Alan Judge on 22:22 - Aug 10 with 1514 viewsradiogaga

Alan Judge on 22:10 - Aug 10 by Mullet

By Christmas we will be well adrift if he and Norwood continue to misfire. However he was very poor today, he’d say as much too I’d wager. Everything he tried failed to come off which was unacceptable given the way the game was poised. Part of that comes back to Lambert choosing to persist when Ross changes his side around

There's a lot of hysteria about Judge and Holy tonight, and I feel like it's uncalled for for both.

Judge has a lot to prove this year, and much the same as Huws he is clearly not up to speed fitness wise yet or for match sharpness, but that will only come from playing.

I'd like to see Judge and Huws start at Luton and get some more respectable game time. It seems like a perfect opportunity to give them game time whilst giving a night off to Skuse and/ or Downes ahead of Peterborough. I don't believe for one second that Lambert wanted to play Judge as anymore than a second half sub today (if at all) but his hand was forced when Garbutt went off. We know Judge isn't comfortable out wide anyway, so it didn't feel right to me from the off.

Once that Judge and Huws are up and running with the rest of the squad (particularly the latter) we will be a much much better team for it. I hope that a mass panic doesn't start to develop about Norwood and Jackson not scoring yet either, as we will be fine with them.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Alan Judge on 22:24 - Aug 10 with 1507 viewspointofblue

I have two criticisms of Lambert today - first bringing Judge on for Garbutt when we had a natural left sided player on the bench in Roberts, and then not replacing the ineffectual Norwood with Huws around the hour mark to solidify midfield as they were starting to get some success there.

I'm just hoping Garbutt isn't out for long, otherwise a left midfielder will have to be one of the three we look to bring in, unless Edwards is near fitness so we can move Rowe across.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Alan Judge on 00:47 - Aug 11 with 1380 viewsCoastalblue

Alan Judge on 22:10 - Aug 10 by Mullet

Don't disagree about Judge, but from what we've seen so far I can't see us being well adrift even without him or Norwood full stop.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Alan Judge on 06:45 - Aug 11 with 1281 viewsbraveblue

Fair criticism as he was really poor. Fitness should not prevent good delivery from corners and free kicks. But there is a good player in there. He is not a wide left player - think that is the issue.
Alan Judge on 07:27 - Aug 11 with 1217 viewsGaryCooper

Alan Judge on 22:24 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

I have two criticisms of Lambert today - first bringing Judge on for Garbutt when we had a natural left sided player on the bench in Roberts, and then not replacing the ineffectual Norwood with Huws around the hour mark to solidify midfield as they were starting to get some success there.

I'm just hoping Garbutt isn't out for long, otherwise a left midfielder will have to be one of the three we look to bring in, unless Edwards is near fitness so we can move Rowe across.

Norwood ineffectual? Blimey, yes he tired but his work rate on and off the ball was tremendous at 60 minutes he was still on the boil.
Alan Judge on 08:23 - Aug 11 with 1071 viewsN2_Blue

Alan Judge on 07:27 - Aug 11 by GaryCooper

Norwood ineffectual? Blimey, yes he tired but his work rate on and off the ball was tremendous at 60 minutes he was still on the boil.

Blimey indeed. I think some people must watch a different game to me. Ok Norwood didn’t have the best game but he looked fine to me. Busy, great hold up play and wins so much in the air. I think more was the problem of the players around him not linking up i.e. Jackson

Norwood looks every much the player I expect. We just need to make chances for him, as he’s not had a great deal yet and as Colchester proves give him chances he will take them.

So many times he made runs but didn’t get the ball played to him. Downes especially had two ideal chances to try playing him in and didn’t make the pass and you could see Norwoods frustration.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 8:25]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Judge on 08:25 - Aug 11 with 1060 viewsKeaneish

Alan Judge on 07:27 - Aug 11 by GaryCooper

Agreed. He was quality throughout. A real handful who got in lots of good positions and chased everything. Enjoyed watching him play as I did most of the side yesterday.

This Judge criticism is nonsense end of. Bad selection from PL. I was surprised as anyone when Roberts didn't appear. Why brig on a right footer number 10 for a left footed left midfielder of course it's going to destabilise the side. No criticism at Judge's door for that one. Poor delivery from set plays, yes but for those thinking he's flattering to deceive, I think you'll have a very different opinion come May.

How good was it though to have a player of his quality to be able to call from the bench even if he didn't get into the game well?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Alan Judge on 08:28 - Aug 11 with 1048 viewsElephantintheRoom

Tubby isn't the player he once was - and never will be, that's why Brentford let him go. Hardly his fault - but its daft t pretend (pr delude) otherwise

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Alan Judge on 08:31 - Aug 11 with 1045 viewsnodge_blue

The thing with Judge is that he wants to play central. Lambert will have to either let him plat there, or instruct him to stay wide and cover the fullback, or not play him.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Alan Judge on 08:43 - Aug 11 with 1003 viewsjas0999

I thought he was very poor yesterday. But it’s just one game. He was played out of position in fairness.
Alan Judge on 08:43 - Aug 11 with 1002 viewsSimonds92

I dont think that you can fault his enthusiasm or determination but i just don't think he's really very good. Not based on yesterday but based on all the games at the end of last season where he had no end product.
I also think as a senior player, the way yesterdays game was set up he needed to be much more disciplined and hold our shape. I can imagine if that was a young player coming through under MM he wouldnt be near the squad for the next month after the way he exposed Kenlock.
Alan Judge on 08:44 - Aug 11 with 996 viewsMullet

Alan Judge on 22:22 - Aug 10 by radiogaga

There's a lot of hysteria about Judge and Holy tonight, and I feel like it's uncalled for for both.

Judge has a lot to prove this year, and much the same as Huws he is clearly not up to speed fitness wise yet or for match sharpness, but that will only come from playing.

I'd like to see Judge and Huws start at Luton and get some more respectable game time. It seems like a perfect opportunity to give them game time whilst giving a night off to Skuse and/ or Downes ahead of Peterborough. I don't believe for one second that Lambert wanted to play Judge as anymore than a second half sub today (if at all) but his hand was forced when Garbutt went off. We know Judge isn't comfortable out wide anyway, so it didn't feel right to me from the off.

Once that Judge and Huws are up and running with the rest of the squad (particularly the latter) we will be a much much better team for it. I hope that a mass panic doesn't start to develop about Norwood and Jackson not scoring yet either, as we will be fine with them.

I’d say using the word hysteria, is being hysterical. There really isn’t. I can’t see much wrong with what people have said. Had he had any other name on his back yesterday people would have slated that performance even more.

Once they’re up and running I agree, but both have had 2-3 years of playing little football.

Alan Judge on 08:46 - Aug 11 with 987 viewsMullet

Alan Judge on 00:47 - Aug 11 by Coastalblue

Don't disagree about Judge, but from what we've seen so far I can't see us being well adrift even without him or Norwood full stop.

We’ll be nowhere near promotion if they don’t start scoring or getting assists. This isn’t a league you can’t drop points often and not be left in a pack of 10 teams or so. I’d expect us to improve im every aspect in the next month if we are going to go up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024