Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shame 16:28 - Aug 10 with 4197 viewswkj

Sorry Chambers, but that type of error isn't winning you many accolades

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Shame on 16:29 - Aug 10 with 4129 viewsrosseden

what did he do?

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Shame on 16:30 - Aug 10 with 4061 viewsSpruceMoose

Shame on 16:29 - Aug 10 by rosseden

what did he do?

Defended like wkj after a night out with his bowls team.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Shame on 16:31 - Aug 10 with 4035 viewswkj

Shame on 16:29 - Aug 10 by rosseden

what did he do?

Lost the ball in a terrible area that lead to a goal

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Shame on 16:35 - Aug 10 with 3907 viewsrosseden

Shame on 16:31 - Aug 10 by wkj

Lost the ball in a terrible area that lead to a goal

over playing it, or a slip or something?

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Shame on 16:37 - Aug 10 with 3851 viewsSpruceMoose

Shame on 16:35 - Aug 10 by rosseden

over playing it, or a slip or something?

Tried to see it out for a goal kick. Fell over. Cross into the box. Open net. 1 - 1

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Shame on 16:37 - Aug 10 with 3854 viewsDublinBlue84

For me that ball should have been keepers to clear. Bad mistake by chambers though.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Shame on 17:01 - Aug 10 with 3540 viewspennblue

Shame on 16:37 - Aug 10 by DublinBlue84

For me that ball should have been keepers to clear. Bad mistake by chambers though.

It was his 3rd defensive error within a 10 minute spell. One of them was going to get punished.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Shame on 17:04 - Aug 10 with 3480 viewsBlueAllOver

does fist pumps and great bloke, pity so limited as a footballer.
Login to get fewer ads

Shame on 17:10 - Aug 10 with 3391 viewsCoastalblue

Shame on 16:37 - Aug 10 by DublinBlue84

The ball should have been in the stands, and as the senior player who was close to it he should have sent it there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Shame on 17:14 - Aug 10 with 3331 viewsRyorry

Pretty much everyone who commented on the team news as soon as it came out called it correctly and asked why he'd come in today, why change a winning team? etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Shame on 17:17 - Aug 10 with 3284 viewsBigalhunter

Shame on 17:04 - Aug 10 by BlueAllOver

does fist pumps and great bloke, pity so limited as a footballer.

Still can't believe he got Player of the Season last season.

I heard it said he wouldn't be so exposed in the third division.
Shame on 17:20 - Aug 10 with 3242 viewsBlueAllOver

Shame on 17:17 - Aug 10 by Bigalhunter

Says nice things, a bit similar to Lambert and Evans, some seem to lap it up.

Truly staggering he got player of the year last season, dreadful defender.
Shame on 17:25 - Aug 10 with 3186 viewsBluesquid

Shame on 17:17 - Aug 10 by Bigalhunter

Yep also heard he was going to be immense in league one and a league one hero.
Shame on 17:25 - Aug 10 with 3171 viewspennblue

Shame on 17:20 - Aug 10 by BlueAllOver

Says nice things, a bit similar to Lambert and Evans, some seem to lap it up.

Truly staggering he got player of the year last season, dreadful defender.

He was alright playing alongside Berra. But for me, he needs to play alongside someone who is an organiser / leader to tell him what to do. I don't think positionally he is strong enough to do that.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Shame on 17:30 - Aug 10 with 3108 viewsEly_Blue

Shame on 16:37 - Aug 10 by SpruceMoose

Tried to see it out for a goal kick. Fell over. Cross into the box. Open net. 1 - 1

He wasn’t trying to see it out, he had 2 options which was hold the man off and let it go out or clear it for a corner/throw and he chose option 3 which was stop and see where the man was and the winger read it and went the other side and nicked the ball off him, keeper had no chance. Sunderland’s only shot on target

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Shame on 17:32 - Aug 10 with 3082 viewsArnieM

Chambers made a horrendous error that costs us s goal. However Town should have been out of sight by half time than there would have been no way back for the opponents.

As for Judge . I’d bloody drive him to QOR tonight . He’s selfish , powder puff. Garbutt is twice the player .

Downes ? PL quality , he’ll be gone in Jan window .

Defence going forwards? If go with this

Skuse....,, Woolfie...... Nsiala..... Kenlock

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Shame on 19:08 - Aug 10 with 2861 viewsDublinBlue84

Shame on 17:30 - Aug 10 by Ely_Blue

He wasn’t trying to see it out, he had 2 options which was hold the man off and let it go out or clear it for a corner/throw and he chose option 3 which was stop and see where the man was and the winger read it and went the other side and nicked the ball off him, keeper had no chance. Sunderland’s only shot on target

Not sure where you were sitting, but I was sitting in the Brittania about half way between the penalty area and the centre circle and it seemed like Chambers was expecting Holy to come for it. Holy certainly could have come for it and would probably have got there.

Not defending Chambers because he still should have dealt with it far better and just hoofed it clear even if Holy didn't come for it, but from where I was sitting I'd want my keeper to come for that and be more commanding.

Might look different from behind the goal, but that was my view, has to go down as Chambers fault for the goal through.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 19:12]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Shame on 19:38 - Aug 10 with 2800 viewsGaryCooper

Shame on 17:30 - Aug 10 by Ely_Blue

Was Holy screaming at him to clear it? I couldn't see that he was, any keeper worth his salt would have been, Chambers dithered and Holy didn't communicate, similar to last year with Chambers and Bart.
Shame on 22:52 - Aug 10 with 2678 viewsEly_Blue

Shame on 19:08 - Aug 10 by DublinBlue84

Not sure where you were sitting, but I was sitting in the Brittania about half way between the penalty area and the centre circle and it seemed like Chambers was expecting Holy to come for it. Holy certainly could have come for it and would probably have got there.

Not defending Chambers because he still should have dealt with it far better and just hoofed it clear even if Holy didn't come for it, but from where I was sitting I'd want my keeper to come for that and be more commanding.

Might look different from behind the goal, but that was my view, has to go down as Chambers fault for the goal through.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 19:12]

I was behind that goal almost in line with it, there was absolutely no doubting that Chambers was at fault, all he had to do was put himself between the man and the ball and he failed on that, he was done pure and simple

Shame on 23:28 - Aug 10 with 2625 viewshaynes_toe1

Shame on 17:32 - Aug 10 by ArnieM

Chambers made a horrendous error that costs us s goal. However Town should have been out of sight by half time than there would have been no way back for the opponents.

As for Judge . I’d bloody drive him to QOR tonight . He’s selfish , powder puff. Garbutt is twice the player .

Downes is good but hes a mile off being prem quality yet.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:45 - Aug 10 with 2581 viewsEly_Blue

Shame on 19:38 - Aug 10 by GaryCooper

Was Holy screaming at him to clear it? I couldn't see that he was, any keeper worth his salt would have been, Chambers dithered and Holy didn't communicate, similar to last year with Chambers and Bart.

Holy shouldn’t have needed to shout for it, it was the defenders ball, it was way out on the edge of the penalty area and chambers was in control of the situation as he was ahead of the attacker, it was his responsibility and he either shields it out for a goal kick or puts it into row Z for a throw or corner, as I said previously he chose none of those
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 6:57]

Shame on 23:56 - Aug 10 with 2557 viewsyorkshire

I think Chambers expected Holy to come for sure - I noticed in the first half that he also stayed back on a ball that should have been his

However Chambers should have just booted it out - it was clear that the ball wasn't going to go over the byline

It is one of those things that happens at the start of the season - especially between a defense and goalkeeper that haven't played much together - we'll learn from it
Shame on 00:14 - Aug 11 with 2520 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Shame on 17:32 - Aug 10 by ArnieM

Judge is a big disappointment for me, he has talent but is not the player he was a few years ago.

I'll give him time though to get up to speed before I give up on him.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:23 - Aug 11 with 2381 viewsGaryCooper

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:45 - Aug 10 by Ely_Blue

Holy shouldn’t have needed to shout for it, it was the defenders ball, it was way out on the edge of the penalty area and chambers was in control of the situation as he was ahead of the attacker, it was his responsibility and he either shields it out for a goal kick or puts it into row Z for a throw or corner, as I said previously he chose none of those
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 6:57]

I didn't say shout for it, yes it was the defenders ball, but the goalkeeper should have been instructing and commanding, he could see the Sunderland player, Chambers had his back to him, this is very basic and standard from a goalkeeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024