Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense 11:46 - Aug 9 with 6524 viewswkj

Tempted to say paying taxes, but in the spirit of a potentially fun post I will kick off with clambering for the yearly smart phone upgrade

EDIT: being p*ssed before lunch time isn't great on typing skills.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 11:47]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 11:53 - Aug 9 with 2698 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd replace 'everyone' with 'idiots' in that example

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 11:56 - Aug 9 with 2685 viewswkj

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 11:53 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

I'd replace 'everyone' with 'idiots' in that example

Indeed, a never ending series of fixed-term contracts for keeping up with the Jones is silly, stumping up the fee outright is barely any better.

Crybaby

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:01 - Aug 9 with 2666 viewsHeathlander

Paying three grand to estate agents to load some pictures onto a website :)
Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:01 - Aug 9 with 2666 viewsEireannach_gorm

Supporting Football clubs is the obvious answer.
Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:04 - Aug 9 with 2659 viewsJ2BLUE

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 11:56 - Aug 9 by wkj

Indeed, a never ending series of fixed-term contracts for keeping up with the Jones is silly, stumping up the fee outright is barely any better.

My mate used to want to upgrade every time a new iPhone was released. He's rattle off a series of spec changes which made no difference at all to how he would use the phone. He was a bit obsessed with status symbols though. I must admit I have had a £30 contract phone for the last 4 years or so because I got decent Black Friday deals but this year i'll be looking for a sim only £10 deal.

Truly impaired.

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:07 - Aug 9 with 2647 viewswkj

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:04 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

My mate used to want to upgrade every time a new iPhone was released. He's rattle off a series of spec changes which made no difference at all to how he would use the phone. He was a bit obsessed with status symbols though. I must admit I have had a £30 contract phone for the last 4 years or so because I got decent Black Friday deals but this year i'll be looking for a sim only £10 deal.

I ended up getting out of the Samsung/iPhone cycle myself and got an Xperia for £150 with a sim only plan that works just as well, I only upgraded my last phone of about 5 years as the fixed battery only lasted about 8 hours, not ideal for running a pocket office.

Crybaby

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:08 - Aug 9 with 2638 viewsfooters

Using 'doesn't' when the noun is plural.

What kind of knobsocket would do that.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:09 - Aug 9 with 2631 viewshatch

When in a group of mates in the pub and everyone has bought their round assuming it has to go back to the first person to buy a round. Once you’re all even then anyone can start the round off again surely? STOP LOOKING AT ME
Login to get fewer ads

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:11 - Aug 9 with 2622 viewsJ2BLUE

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:07 - Aug 9 by wkj

I ended up getting out of the Samsung/iPhone cycle myself and got an Xperia for £150 with a sim only plan that works just as well, I only upgraded my last phone of about 5 years as the fixed battery only lasted about 8 hours, not ideal for running a pocket office.

I love the iphone and how user friendly they are. I'll happily pay for one but I don't need the latest one every update. Anything north of £30 a month seems excessive, and even that is a lot. Dropping from £360 a year to £120 when you're happy with your handset seems a no brainer to me.

Truly impaired.

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:12 - Aug 9 with 2616 viewsBluebell

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:01 - Aug 9 by Eireannach_gorm

Supporting Football clubs is the obvious answer.

On that theme I would say us making a round trip which takes 6 hours to watch 90 minutes of football.

We must be mad but we are addicted to Town!
Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:12 - Aug 9 with 2616 viewsOldsmoker

Taking advantage of a BOGOF but then throwing the free one away as it's gone past the sell-by date.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:15 - Aug 9 with 2604 viewshatch

People who pay for speedy boarding on planes despite having allocated seats. Particularly good when there’s a shuttle bus between gate and plane.
Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:16 - Aug 9 with 2595 viewsfooters

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:15 - Aug 9 by hatch

People who pay for speedy boarding on planes despite having allocated seats. Particularly good when there’s a shuttle bus between gate and plane.

Tight arse.

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:18 - Aug 9 with 2581 viewsjeera

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:12 - Aug 9 by Bluebell

On that theme I would say us making a round trip which takes 6 hours to watch 90 minutes of football.

We must be mad but we are addicted to Town!

You've never said.

By rough calculation that must be some 150 miles?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:20 - Aug 9 with 2570 viewsjeera

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:16 - Aug 9 by footers

Tight arse.

I make him right on both posts.

To add people who eat out in groups and order everything on the menu then at the end suggest everyone split the bill.

Pay for your own night out pal.

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:23 - Aug 9 with 2557 viewsfooters

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:20 - Aug 9 by jeera

I make him right on both posts.

To add people who eat out in groups and order everything on the menu then at the end suggest everyone split the bill.

Pay for your own night out pal.

I actually replied to the wrong post!

Was in reference to rounds, which I'm perfectly fine with, dependent on company! There is absolutely no point in priority boarding at all. Usually the last on :)

P.S. - Yeah, 'going Dutch' wtf is all that about? Pick what you want and pay for it.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 12:23]

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:24 - Aug 9 with 2551 viewsnoggin

Paying over half your wages on rent so you can live near a tube station.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:27 - Aug 9 with 2541 viewsjeera

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:23 - Aug 9 by footers

I actually replied to the wrong post!

Was in reference to rounds, which I'm perfectly fine with, dependent on company! There is absolutely no point in priority boarding at all. Usually the last on :)

P.S. - Yeah, 'going Dutch' wtf is all that about? Pick what you want and pay for it.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 12:23]

If the bill is even approaching roughly similar for each soul then of course, no problem.

But if you're built like a tank and eat 4 times the amount I do, having umpteen courses to my one, then yes, pay for yourself gutsy*.

*This happened and I'm still put out.

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:28 - Aug 9 with 2528 viewsSuperblue95

Get married

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:30 - Aug 9 with 2521 viewsjeera

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:11 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

I love the iphone and how user friendly they are. I'll happily pay for one but I don't need the latest one every update. Anything north of £30 a month seems excessive, and even that is a lot. Dropping from £360 a year to £120 when you're happy with your handset seems a no brainer to me.

My neighbour lost his a few days ago. Well, someone picked it up when he was out.

It was £900.

He's replaced it already at another 900 quid.

It's a phone.

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:43 - Aug 9 with 2491 viewsRyorry

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:11 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Do the batteries actually last longer than 4 hours these days then?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:53 - Aug 9 with 2465 viewsDarth_Koont

Overeat.

Either too much at each sitting or religiously eating your three meals a day at set times. Especially if you work in an office environment and are not going to need even half the calories.

And then you need a snack in between because you're "starving".

Pronouns: He/Him

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:57 - Aug 9 with 2451 viewsitfcjoe

Pay for kids to go to nursery - there must be a better solution than shelling out north of £50 per day per kid

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:58 - Aug 9 with 2444 viewswkj

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:57 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

Pay for kids to go to nursery - there must be a better solution than shelling out north of £50 per day per kid

Condoms

Crybaby

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:59 - Aug 9 with 2443 viewsDeano69

Things that 'everyone does' that doesn't make sense on 12:30 - Aug 9 by jeera

My neighbour lost his a few days ago. Well, someone picked it up when he was out.

It was £900.

He's replaced it already at another 900 quid.

It's a phone.

Costing more than many peoples first car!!

Crazy.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024