Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans statement re funds for new signings... 20:50 - Aug 7 with 1151 viewsBLUEBEAT

Apologies if already mentioned in one (or more) of the other threads, but I see ME has stated funds are available for 2 or 3 new signings.

Lambert said he’d provided a list of targets but hadn’t heard anything since.

Wha g’wan?

Poll: W or W

Marcus Evans statement re funds for new signings... on 20:53 - Aug 7 with 1125 viewsSpruceMoose

I guess the two or three signings Lambert wants are more than Evans is willing to splash out for.

Lambert is shopping in Lidl while Evans wants to shop in Iceland.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Marcus Evans statement re funds for new signings... on 20:56 - Aug 7 with 1101 viewsgordon

Marcus Evans statement re funds for new signings... on 20:53 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

I guess the two or three signings Lambert wants are more than Evans is willing to splash out for.

Lambert is shopping in Lidl while Evans wants to shop in Iceland.

And we're going to end up grabbing something manky on discount at Farmfoods ten minutes before closing.
Marcus Evans statement re funds for new signings... on 20:57 - Aug 7 with 1096 viewsWD19

It was clear that transfer fees are out of the question, so I guess it simply means that our preferred targets aren’t (yet) willing to come for the wages we are offering.

Not difficult to guess at potential free agent RB and Striker options PL might want but whom we won’t stretch for.
Marcus Evans statement re funds for new signings... on 21:05 - Aug 7 with 1060 viewspointofblue

It could be that free transfers are playing one club off another, or not looking to commit in case a better offer comes in (see what's happened to Judge), whilst in relation to loanees clubs may be looking to bring a player in to cover a position before bringing someone else in.

The situation may become clearer once the transfer window for the top two divisions closes tomorrow.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Marcus Evans statement re funds for new signings... on 08:27 - Aug 8 with 853 viewsGuthrum

'... we do have funds available for a further two or three new players ... I hope that those we are targeting can be secured on terms that work for Ipswich.' (my italics)

Therein lies the problem, undoubtedly being a negotiating gap between what the players (or their agents) want and what ITFC is prepared to pay. Especially if other offers are on the table. That may be overcome, it may not, but takes time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Marcus Evans statement re funds for new signings... on 08:40 - Aug 8 with 811 viewsartsbossbeard

Marcus Evans statement re funds for new signings... on 08:27 - Aug 8 by Guthrum

'... we do have funds available for a further two or three new players ... I hope that those we are targeting can be secured on terms that work for Ipswich.' (my italics)

Therein lies the problem, undoubtedly being a negotiating gap between what the players (or their agents) want and what ITFC is prepared to pay. Especially if other offers are on the table. That may be overcome, it may not, but takes time.

Word on the football agent street is that whilst ME isn't keen to pay clubs the big transfer fees, the wages offered are standardly over what other clubs are offering.

I'm sure it's a tax evasion thing*

*made this bit up

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Marcus Evans statement re funds for new signings... on 09:03 - Aug 8 with 749 viewsGuthrum

Marcus Evans statement re funds for new signings... on 08:40 - Aug 8 by artsbossbeard

Word on the football agent street is that whilst ME isn't keen to pay clubs the big transfer fees, the wages offered are standardly over what other clubs are offering.

I'm sure it's a tax evasion thing*

*made this bit up

So attractive to players, but not necessarily their parent clubs. Does explain why we were able to secure the services of Norwood and Judge.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024