Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles 11:12 - Aug 7 with 961 viewskizaitfc

I get that overriding feeling of "I told you so", fans have been saying for the past few years now that if ME doesn't start investing and matching what many sides in the championship were doing then we would be in this position.

The man has no one to blame but himself for where we are.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 11:14 - Aug 7 with 936 viewsPJH

Yep, he appointed Hurst.
Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 11:16 - Aug 7 with 911 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What would you like him to blame it on?

We had one of the lowest budgets in the Championship because football has become a massive dick.

However, it was Hurst alone who got us relegated by believing that he could replace proven players with lower league players ready to step up. A lot of them. Evans backed Hurst in doing so and most of us wanted an up and coming, younger manager, which we got.

Evans has made mistakes, but ultimately the one that got us relegated was doing what we wanted. Appointing a manager on the up, with proven success and allowing him to make a number of signings.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 11:19 - Aug 7 with 865 viewskizaitfc

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 11:16 - Aug 7 by WarkTheWarkITFC

We had one of the lowest budgets in the Championship because football has become a massive dick.

However, it was Hurst alone who got us relegated by believing that he could replace proven players with lower league players ready to step up. A lot of them. Evans backed Hurst in doing so and most of us wanted an up and coming, younger manager, which we got.

Evans has made mistakes, but ultimately the one that got us relegated was doing what we wanted. Appointing a manager on the up, with proven success and allowing him to make a number of signings.

The issue is the lack of investment and vision.

Players left us at the start of last season because they could see we had no ambition.

You can blame Hurst for the poor signings but ultimately ME was the one who restricted him with a budget and failed to sign some of the players at the top of Hurst's list.

As with any business the buck stops with the owner

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 11:19 - Aug 7 with 865 viewsitfcjoe

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 11:16 - Aug 7 by WarkTheWarkITFC

An experienced chairman, which Evans is now, shouldn't be listening to the fans on transfer policy that. The fact it was him who pushed for the Walters and Pennington deals shows how quickly he realised he had made a mistake.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 11:24 - Aug 7 with 826 viewsartsbossbeard

With the caveat that Evans gave Hurst carte blanche to carry out his ridiculous squad transformation.

I don't shout at Evans for the perceived lack of available funds, however, I do think that he's accountable for the above and a DoF or Evans himself properly overseeing things would've seen things turning out much, much different.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 11:26 - Aug 7 with 807 viewsSteve_M

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 11:24 - Aug 7 by artsbossbeard

With the caveat that Evans gave Hurst carte blanche to carry out his ridiculous squad transformation.

I don't shout at Evans for the perceived lack of available funds, however, I do think that he's accountable for the above and a DoF or Evans himself properly overseeing things would've seen things turning out much, much different.

Quite, it's not about spending more money it's about spending what we do have better. Last Summer was an utter mess in that regard, rushing to sell Webster looked dreadful at the time and has been compounded given what he has just been bought for.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 13:01 - Aug 7 with 675 viewsTractorWood

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 11:24 - Aug 7 by artsbossbeard

This. No rigour on incomings or spend.

Appoint manager and hope he turns water into wine is not a strategy.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 13:07 - Aug 7 with 660 viewspennblue

Evans blaming relegation on the financial troubles on 11:26 - Aug 7 by Steve_M

Quite, it's not about spending more money it's about spending what we do have better. Last Summer was an utter mess in that regard, rushing to sell Webster looked dreadful at the time and has been compounded given what he has just been bought for.

Spending more money is exactly what we need to do. Football is a money game, and the more you have the better you do.

He needs to sell up or get in more shareholders / investors.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024