Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon returns 13:24 - Aug 6 with 3637 viewsuefacup81

Does anyone on here have any experience of when returning an item to Amazon goes wrong?

I ordered an item from Amazon a couple of weeks back, realised I didn't need it before the item arrived, so returned it through Hermes in the original unopened packaging.

The item took an age to arrive back with Amazon, and they have told me today that the box has finally arrived with them, but is empty so there'll be no refund.

I've already logged this with the police and am waiting for a crime number so I can forward it on to Amazon. Has anyone else had similar experiences, and how have they turned out in the end?

Normally I wouldn't be too irked, but I'm currently £500 out of pocket!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Amazon returns on 13:28 - Aug 6 with 2513 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Should have returned it full of dirt:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ladbible.com/news/news-man-allegedly-scammed-am

On a serious note, I imagine Amazon will just authorise the refund once you provide the crime number, but if not if you bought it via a credit card can try through them

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Amazon returns on 14:15 - Aug 6 with 2439 viewsBrixtonBlue

Surely it's Hermes responsibility? Presumably you contacted them first?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Amazon returns on 14:16 - Aug 6 with 2435 viewsSwailsey

Amazon returns on 14:15 - Aug 6 by BrixtonBlue

Oh man good luck with that. They're the worst.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Amazon returns on 14:45 - Aug 6 with 2401 viewsuefacup81

Amazon returns on 14:15 - Aug 6 by BrixtonBlue

Hermes won't discuss anything with me, because their contract is through Amazon. I requested the return, and Amazon arranged it through Hermes.

If you click on the 'contact us' button on their returns website, it tells you to ask your retailer to contact them!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Amazon returns on 14:47 - Aug 6 with 2392 viewsSwailsey

Amazon returns on 14:45 - Aug 6 by uefacup81

Hermes won't discuss anything with me, because their contract is through Amazon. I requested the return, and Amazon arranged it through Hermes.

If you click on the 'contact us' button on their returns website, it tells you to ask your retailer to contact them!

Yep. And their 'expert customer service' is fully automated. Even the email addresses bounce back.

Honestly, they suck so much.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Amazon returns on 14:47 - Aug 6 with 2392 viewsBrixtonBlue

Oh bums! Good luck then!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Amazon returns on 14:48 - Aug 6 with 2392 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Definitely ignore Hermes in this - it was Amazon’s choice to use them so from your perspective any problem with them is Amazon’s responsibility

As above I expect Amazon will just refund it as soon as it’s logged as a crime, although rather a pain that you have to go through that hassle

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Amazon returns on 14:48 - Aug 6 with 2389 viewswkj

In my experience amazon are very good with returns, sometimes too good in some ways. You're doing all the right things by the sound of it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Amazon returns on 15:10 - Aug 6 with 2346 viewsBlackboots

I had a similar issue a few weeks back. Returned a parcel to Amazon via Hermes (dropped off at a newsagent) and it didn’t arrive back to them. I contacted Amazon via their online chat customer service and they just agreed a refund without the item. Surprisingly quick and easy, I was expecting hassle. I didn’t even have to provide the receipt I got when I took the parcel to the shop.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Amazon returns on 15:11 - Aug 6 with 2343 viewsRyorry

Amazon returns on 14:48 - Aug 6 by wkj

In my experience amazon are very good with returns, sometimes too good in some ways. You're doing all the right things by the sound of it

I'm afraid I find Amazon pretty scummy, & use them as little as poss these days.

I only just noticed, when about to pay something off my credit card, £7.99 for "Kindle Unlimited" - which I never use, as I only get about 3 or 4 ebooks a year. Spent 30 mins on Amazon UK's site trying to find a way to cancel it, to no avail - every time I clicked on that in my orders + other places, I got a 404 "that item no longer exists" (or similar wording). Eventually rang them up (and the number's not on their website, they make it hard to find but is 0800 279 7234 from the UK) & they cancelled it & refunded me in part - must have been a freebie I signed up to for a month or something & forgot to cancel - but they do seem to go out of their way to make these cancellations hard to find & do - unlike the immediately visible "sign up for Prime" etc etc.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 15:15]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Amazon returns on 15:31 - Aug 6 with 2314 viewsjeera

Amazon returns on 15:11 - Aug 6 by Ryorry

I'm afraid I find Amazon pretty scummy, & use them as little as poss these days.

I only just noticed, when about to pay something off my credit card, £7.99 for "Kindle Unlimited" - which I never use, as I only get about 3 or 4 ebooks a year. Spent 30 mins on Amazon UK's site trying to find a way to cancel it, to no avail - every time I clicked on that in my orders + other places, I got a 404 "that item no longer exists" (or similar wording). Eventually rang them up (and the number's not on their website, they make it hard to find but is 0800 279 7234 from the UK) & they cancelled it & refunded me in part - must have been a freebie I signed up to for a month or something & forgot to cancel - but they do seem to go out of their way to make these cancellations hard to find & do - unlike the immediately visible "sign up for Prime" etc etc.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 15:15]

I had Prime twice without even knowing!

They did agree I hadn't used it and refunded but like you say the process to cancel is umpteen zillion times more complicated than it is to 'sign up', especially if you're not even aware you're doing so.

I kept getting ads recently that I was having to circumnavigate in an effort to not sign up to anything. It's like they follow the cursor on the screen.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Amazon returns on 15:32 - Aug 6 with 2310 viewsjeera

Amazon returns on 13:28 - Aug 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Should have returned it full of dirt:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ladbible.com/news/news-man-allegedly-scammed-am

On a serious note, I imagine Amazon will just authorise the refund once you provide the crime number, but if not if you bought it via a credit card can try through them

Dirt for cash huh?

Wish I'd thought of that.

Amazon returns on 15:48 - Aug 6 with 2287 viewsKropotkin123

Probably two years ago. Phone was best. kept calm, always asked for someone more senior when they said they can't deal with it. Sorted on third tier of customer services management.

What you have to understand when calling is that some people scam companies like this for a living. If you ask for too many refunds you get listed. Items will be "out of stock", etc. They are trained on high-value items to not give refunds in these situations.

Ask for photographic evidence of how the package looked upon receipt, to see if it is torn, or re-sealed.

Social Media can be a good tool too. They want all their social media to be clean and all issues resolved quickly. So tag them with a complaint, if things don't escalate in your favour

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Amazon returns on 15:51 - Aug 6 with 2283 viewsKieran_Knows

Amazon returns on 14:16 - Aug 6 by Swailsey

Oh man good luck with that. They're the worst.

Hermes are so bad.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Amazon returns on 15:51 - Aug 6 with 2281 viewsjeera

Amazon returns on 15:51 - Aug 6 by Kieran_Knows

Hermes are so bad.

Isn't there a cream?

Amazon returns on 15:53 - Aug 6 with 2278 viewsRyorry

Amazon returns on 15:31 - Aug 6 by jeera

They did agree I hadn't used it and refunded but like you say the process to cancel is umpteen zillion times more complicated than it is to 'sign up', especially if you're not even aware you're doing so.

I kept getting ads recently that I was having to circumnavigate in an effort to not sign up to anything. It's like they follow the cursor on the screen.

Yep, I certainly had/have no recollection of ever signing up for k.u. It was esp annoying that I'd bought a few ebooks during the time period & actually paid for them - at no point did Amazon bring it to my attention that I was signed up for k.u. and some of them at least should have been free!

Wouldn't be surprised re "tracking".

Amazon returns on 16:02 - Aug 6 with 2254 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've never had a n issue with them tbh. Just yesterday I reported a Hive indoor camera as faulty. I requested an exchange.

The replacement came the next day and I haven't even boxed up the faulty model yet. I have until August 30th to return it.

Previously I had some outdoor speakers that didn't sound right. They emailed me a return label. I boxed the speakers off and dropped it at my local post office. As soon as the cashier scanned it I got an alert to say my credit card had been refunded.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Amazon returns on 16:05 - Aug 6 with 2249 viewsGlasgowBlue

Amazon returns on 15:31 - Aug 6 by jeera

I have Prime which I use all the time but I also signed up to their Music unlimited service at 15.99 a month. I didn't get on with it and preferred apple music. Clicked the cancel button on my memberships and subscriptions and that was that. You can do the same with Prime. It's one click of a button.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 16:18]

Iron Lion Zion

Amazon returns on 16:09 - Aug 6 with 2242 viewsRyorry

Amazon returns on 16:05 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

I have Prime which I use all the time but I also signed up to their Music unlimited service at 15.99 a month. I didn't get on with it and preferred apple music. Clicked the cancel button on my memberships and subscriptions and that was that. You can do the same with Prime. It's one click of a button.

Thanks - just a shame Amazon themselves couldn't have made that clear!

Amazon returns on 16:17 - Aug 6 with 2218 viewsjeera

Amazon returns on 16:05 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

I've just checked back and definitely wasn't addressing you.

I'll be sure to let you know if that ever changes though.

Amazon returns on 16:23 - Aug 6 with 2197 viewsGlasgowBlue

Amazon returns on 16:17 - Aug 6 by jeera

Excuse me? I must have mistaken this place for a public forum. If you don't want people to reply to your posts then perhaps limit your use of TWTD to private messages.

Iron Lion Zion

Amazon returns on 16:27 - Aug 6 with 2185 viewsGlasgowBlue

Amazon returns on 16:09 - Aug 6 by Ryorry

Thanks - just a shame Amazon themselves couldn't have made that clear!

As I said in my op, I have had good experiences with Amazon but I know you haven't. One thing I found, which was quite handy, is that you can request a call from them if you have an issue so you don't have to wait on the phone for ages.

Each time I've done so they have got back to me within minutes.

Iron Lion Zion

Amazon returns on 16:51 - Aug 6 with 2152 viewswkj

Amazon returns on 16:02 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

I've never had a n issue with them tbh. Just yesterday I reported a Hive indoor camera as faulty. I requested an exchange.

The replacement came the next day and I haven't even boxed up the faulty model yet. I have until August 30th to return it.

Previously I had some outdoor speakers that didn't sound right. They emailed me a return label. I boxed the speakers off and dropped it at my local post office. As soon as the cashier scanned it I got an alert to say my credit card had been refunded.

Such was the reason why I said "too good at times" Quite often my refunds are issued and cleared before I have even sent the item back

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Amazon returns on 16:54 - Aug 6 with 2142 viewsIllinoisblue

Amazon returns on 16:17 - Aug 6 by jeera

what an odd response!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Amazon returns on 17:19 - Aug 6 with 2107 viewsSpruceMoose

Amazon returns on 16:02 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

Indoor and outdoor cameras GB?! You must have some stuff worth nicking! Got my eye on you... Don't suppose you're all going on holiday anytime soon?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 17:20]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024