Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Clarke 22:55 - Aug 5 with 3531 viewsNazemariner

Looked accomplished tonight. Depressing isn't it?
Matt Clarke on 23:16 - Aug 5 with 3482 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

How many old Ipswich players do Derby have?
Matt Clarke on 07:15 - Aug 6 with 3230 viewsBloomBlue

If you play youngsters they get better which is what we are doing now, they aren't going to improve in the U23s while you play the CH you paid £500k for
Matt Clarke on 09:18 - Aug 6 with 3042 viewsNazemariner

Matt Clarke on 07:15 - Aug 6 by BloomBlue

If you play youngsters they get better which is what we are doing now, they aren't going to improve in the U23s while you play the CH you paid £500k for

Not always will they be good enough, but in Clarkes case it would seem we got it wrong big time!
Matt Clarke on 09:23 - Aug 6 with 3018 viewsCoco

Matt Clarke on 09:18 - Aug 6 by Nazemariner

Not always will they be good enough, but in Clarkes case it would seem we got it wrong big time!

As with Marriott every fan knew he was a goodun

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Matt Clarke on 09:27 - Aug 6 with 3012 viewsBlueBlood90

The thing that annoys me most is that he always did. I never met anyone that didn't think he'd go on to be a good player.

It seemed a ridiculous decision to give him away as part of the Webster deal at the time and even more so now. We've basically given away £30m of talent and received somewhere between £5-6m including the sell on fees. Pathetic!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Matt Clarke on 09:47 - Aug 6 with 2956 viewsBlueBadger

Matt Clarke on 09:23 - Aug 6 by Coco

As with Marriott every fan knew he was a goodun

Even when he came back from summer overweight, unfit and with, by his own admission, a poor attitude?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Matt Clarke on 09:47 - Aug 6 with 2953 viewsartsbossbeard

Matt Clarke on 09:47 - Aug 6 by BlueBadger

Even when he came back from summer overweight, unfit and with, by his own admission, a poor attitude?

Don't forget letting his team mates and management team down too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Matt Clarke on 09:48 - Aug 6 with 2947 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Apart from the fact the player we got in the deal he went in has just moved to the Premier League for £20m...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Clarke on 09:49 - Aug 6 with 2948 viewsartsbossbeard

Matt Clarke on 09:27 - Aug 6 by BlueBlood90

The thing that annoys me most is that he always did. I never met anyone that didn't think he'd go on to be a good player.

It seemed a ridiculous decision to give him away as part of the Webster deal at the time and even more so now. We've basically given away £30m of talent and received somewhere between £5-6m including the sell on fees. Pathetic!

Do you think we'd have gotten £5-6m off of Brighton had he gone straight from Town to them a couple of seasons ago?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Matt Clarke on 09:54 - Aug 6 with 2920 viewsBackToRussia

Matt Clarke on 09:47 - Aug 6 by BlueBadger

True, FA rules state that if a young player comes back a few pounds overweight you have to transfer them immediately.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Matt Clarke on 10:15 - Aug 6 with 2843 viewsBloomBlue

True but they will never learn how to be a top footballer in the U23s. You have to play them in the 1st team, yes they will make mistakes we all do when we start a job but they will learn from those.
Matt Clarke on 10:29 - Aug 6 with 2791 viewsElephantintheRoom

Sheff U supporters say the same about Kyle Walker and Slabhead

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Matt Clarke on 10:51 - Aug 6 with 2705 viewsBlueBlood90

Matt Clarke on 09:49 - Aug 6 by artsbossbeard

Do you think we'd have gotten £5-6m off of Brighton had he gone straight from Town to them a couple of seasons ago?

There was no reason to ever get rid of him a couple of seasons ago. That's the point...

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Matt Clarke on 10:57 - Aug 6 with 2682 viewsMullet

Matt Clarke on 10:51 - Aug 6 by BlueBlood90

There was no reason to ever get rid of him a couple of seasons ago. That's the point...

Didn't Marriot say in an interview the opposite though? Same as Hourihane?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Matt Clarke on 11:10 - Aug 6 with 2641 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Matt Clarke on 10:51 - Aug 6 by BlueBlood90

Except that we have him up in the deal to get Webster - which would look like a very good deal right now had Hurst not sold him off relatively cheaply last Summer to fund a load of League One players

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Matt Clarke on 11:13 - Aug 6 with 2623 viewsSteve_M

Matt Clarke on 11:10 - Aug 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Except that we have him up in the deal to get Webster - which would look like a very good deal right now had Hurst not sold him off relatively cheaply last Summer to fund a load of League One players

Yes, that is the big failing. We sold him far too cheaply and too readily, even before taking into account it was a position we were weak in.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Matt Clarke on 12:13 - Aug 6 with 2538 viewsBlueBadger

Matt Clarke on 10:57 - Aug 6 by Mullet

Didn't Marriot say in an interview the opposite though? Same as Hourihane?

Let's not bring facts into this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Matt Clarke on 16:46 - Aug 6 with 2350 viewsChurchman75

i used to referee Ipswich under 16's and 18's
He was always head and shoulder the best player, very strong and quick.

Was gutted when he left, and not surprised he is where he is.

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024