Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Evans respond? 16:44 - Aug 4 with 3844 viewsgroovyASH

Paul Lambert has pushed him into a corner. He has nailed his colours to the mast, and he is coming down on the side of the masses, unlike MM, who was most certainly in the corner of Mr Evans.

He is the first manager to put Evans into this position.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Will Evans respond? on 16:48 - Aug 4 with 2813 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He hasn't really. He has had a moan. I think MM did to a lesser degree at times.

I don't expect Evans to respond at all.

I actually think a lot of what Lambert is doing is simply to take pressure off him and the team. If it works and helps us to win and keep on doing so, great.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Will Evans respond? on 16:52 - Aug 4 with 2784 viewsgroovyASH

Will Evans respond? on 16:48 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

He hasn't really. He has had a moan. I think MM did to a lesser degree at times.

I actually think a lot of what Lambert is doing is simply to take pressure off him and the team. If it works and helps us to win and keep on doing so, great.

Come on, nobody has been as direct as Lambert in putting the spotlight directly on Evans. His comments are not veiled or hints, he has basically told Evans, tell the fans how screwed we are with our transfers

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Will Evans respond? on 16:52 - Aug 4 with 2783 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I doubt Evans will respond. Why should he.

I'm not taking ME's side, just don't think he will respond to these childish games.

I doubt he liked PL questioning whether he actually has the money.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Will Evans respond? on 16:55 - Aug 4 with 2779 viewsgroovyASH

Will Evans respond? on 16:52 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I doubt Evans will respond. Why should he.

I'm not taking ME's side, just don't think he will respond to these childish games.

I doubt he liked PL questioning whether he actually has the money.

I think ME is in a more difficult position than you acknowledge. His last major decision led to Hurst and League 1, he will not want to either take negative spotlight to himself or risk losing Lambert given where we are

Will Evans respond? on 16:55 - Aug 4 with 2776 viewsBobbychase

Will Evans respond? on 16:52 - Aug 4 by groovyASH

Come on, nobody has been as direct as Lambert in putting the spotlight directly on Evans. His comments are not veiled or hints, he has basically told Evans, tell the fans how screwed we are with our transfers

He's certainly different to Mick, who towed the party line without complaining.

But I think the bad blood between Evans and Lambert has been greatly exaggerated by the hysterical keyboard warriors in our support over the past 48 hours. Evans was at the match yesterday and according to the EADT boys had a very cheerful chat with Lambert afterwards.

I expect transfer movement this week and if we beat Sunderland and get one or two more faces in then this will all blow over.

For now

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Will Evans respond? on 16:58 - Aug 4 with 2755 viewsKeaneish

Will Evans respond? on 16:48 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

I'm less cynical, which is unusual for me. I actually think PL genuinely wants to build something here, cares about the fan base and wants transparency.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] テつ」2.65 Million and Waiting?

Will Evans respond? on 17:01 - Aug 4 with 2739 viewsRegencyBlue

I imagine Evans, if he can be bothered to respond, will come out with some rubbish about a six point plan!

His supporters will lap it up and the relentless decline of the club, which lies firmly at Evans door, will continue.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 17:01]
Will Evans respond? on 17:01 - Aug 4 with 2719 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Will Evans respond? on 16:55 - Aug 4 by groovyASH

I think ME is in a more difficult position than you acknowledge. His last major decision led to Hurst and League 1, he will not want to either take negative spotlight to himself or risk losing Lambert given where we are

So what's his best response? Simply to allow Lambert to say what he wants and carry on.

Lambert has already said the relationship between him and Evans is fine, even if it is clear he is frustrated with the lack of transfers. I think Evans may feel a little pressure to push a little harder with a transfer target but I doubt it. I can't see him dealing with the media simply because Lambert has suggested he should.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Will Evans respond? on 17:02 - Aug 4 with 2724 viewsParisBlue

I thought it was a timely whinge given the pending Webster sell-on....

Say we were to win the next couple of games (and in this division there isn't any game we shouldn't be looking to win). PL would be in a pretty decent negotiating position. I only hope he isn't plotting an exit path.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Will Evans respond? on 17:03 - Aug 4 with 2711 viewsgroovyASH

Will Evans respond? on 16:55 - Aug 4 by Bobbychase

He's certainly different to Mick, who towed the party line without complaining.

But I think the bad blood between Evans and Lambert has been greatly exaggerated by the hysterical keyboard warriors in our support over the past 48 hours. Evans was at the match yesterday and according to the EADT boys had a very cheerful chat with Lambert afterwards.

I expect transfer movement this week and if we beat Sunderland and get one or two more faces in then this will all blow over.

For now

Well I agree I dont think there is Bad Blood between them and Lambert has already confirmed this.

I don't for a second think the hysterical keyboard warriors are right, I do think there is pressure on ME to respond

Will Evans respond? on 17:04 - Aug 4 with 2703 viewspointofblue

Will Evans respond? on 17:01 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

So what's his best response? Simply to allow Lambert to say what he wants and carry on.

Lambert has already said the relationship between him and Evans is fine, even if it is clear he is frustrated with the lack of transfers. I think Evans may feel a little pressure to push a little harder with a transfer target but I doubt it. I can't see him dealing with the media simply because Lambert has suggested he should.

I don't think Lambert can say anything which will make Evans spend more money on the club - if the latter snaps he'll, at best, tell Lambert to shut up, resign or be sacked with no pay off on the basis of bringing the club into disrepute because he's daring to call the owner out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Will Evans respond? on 17:09 - Aug 4 with 2670 viewsPecker

Slightly over dramatizing things a bit there.
Will Evans respond? on 17:10 - Aug 4 with 2655 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Will Evans respond? on 17:01 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

100% agreed.

Another win, and it will all blow over.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Will Evans respond? on 17:11 - Aug 4 with 2647 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans is the organ grinder, PL is the monkey.

ME wont be pressured or bullied. He simply doesnt need to make a statement.

Will Evans respond? on 17:14 - Aug 4 with 2620 viewsBlueBadger

Will Evans respond? on 17:04 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

I don't think Lambert can say anything which will make Evans spend more money on the club - if the latter snaps he'll, at best, tell Lambert to shut up, resign or be sacked with no pay off on the basis of bringing the club into disrepute because he's daring to call the owner out.

Lambert is a PR man. Evans thought he was HIS PR man but it would appear that he's Lambert's PR man, primarily.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Will Evans respond? on 17:15 - Aug 4 with 2619 viewspointofblue

Will Evans respond? on 17:11 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Evans is the organ grinder, PL is the monkey.

ME wont be pressured or bullied. He simply doesnt need to make a statement.

Though Lambert has put Evans in a slightly awkward position - every press conference he'll be asked about it, why hasn't Evans spoken out, is it going to happen soon, why isn't he willing to communicate with the fans etc. If we're in good form then the pressure won't be so intense but if we suffer a dip then the screw will be turned.

The fans turned on Mick the last time we showed signs of stagnating; Lambert's making sure the same thing doesn't happen to him and the fire is directed elsewhere. I agree with you we do one of the better squads in the division but a couple more wise acquistions would improve our chances immensely - is this out of our remit?

Will Evans respond? on 17:21 - Aug 4 with 2596 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Evans was at the game. They will have spoken after and his press conference pre-game would have been part of that chat. I suspect they have agreed that Evans will put a statement out/talk to the fans via some form of interview to give some clarity.

I don't think Lambert would have said he expects Evans to speak to the fans otherwise.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Will Evans respond? on 17:37 - Aug 4 with 2499 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Will Evans respond? on 17:15 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

Though Lambert has put Evans in a slightly awkward position - every press conference he'll be asked about it, why hasn't Evans spoken out, is it going to happen soon, why isn't he willing to communicate with the fans etc. If we're in good form then the pressure won't be so intense but if we suffer a dip then the screw will be turned.

The fans turned on Mick the last time we showed signs of stagnating; Lambert's making sure the same thing doesn't happen to him and the fire is directed elsewhere. I agree with you we do one of the better squads in the division but a couple more wise acquistions would improve our chances immensely - is this out of our remit?

I agree re more acquisitions, but I'm not ME.

ME has no reason to speak out, and I don't expect him to do so.

He won't feel pressure from the fans or press.

Will Evans respond? on 17:46 - Aug 4 with 2466 viewspointofblue

Will Evans respond? on 17:37 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree re more acquisitions, but I'm not ME.

ME has no reason to speak out, and I don't expect him to do so.

He won't feel pressure from the fans or press.

Lambert seems happy enough to turn the heat on him whenever he feels under pressure - I certainly believe he felt under pressure heading into the season with a decimated squad and high expectations. Whilst the fans are mainly on his side... we saw what happened with Mick.

Of course owners can shrug it off - Mike Ashley has never tried to earn any respect from Newcastle fans, Roland Duchテδ「telet is still prolonging his time at Charlton whilst the only way the Oyston's paws were prised from Blackpool was via the Courts. But, as has been said by others, the best way to gain promotion is a united instead of poisonous atmosphere and Evans should be aware of how quickly, and viciously, Town fans can turn.

Will Evans respond? on 17:52 - Aug 4 with 2435 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Will Evans respond? on 17:46 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

Lambert seems happy enough to turn the heat on him whenever he feels under pressure - I certainly believe he felt under pressure heading into the season with a decimated squad and high expectations. Whilst the fans are mainly on his side... we saw what happened with Mick.

Of course owners can shrug it off - Mike Ashley has never tried to earn any respect from Newcastle fans, Roland Duchテδ「telet is still prolonging his time at Charlton whilst the only way the Oyston's paws were prised from Blackpool was via the Courts. But, as has been said by others, the best way to gain promotion is a united instead of poisonous atmosphere and Evans should be aware of how quickly, and viciously, Town fans can turn.

He can only turn the heat on Evans if Evans feels the heat.

I suspect he doesnt.

Will Evans respond? on 18:07 - Aug 4 with 2392 viewsKeaneish

Will Evans respond? on 17:21 - Aug 4 by Terry_Nutkins

Evans was at the game. They will have spoken after and his press conference pre-game would have been part of that chat. I suspect they have agreed that Evans will put a statement out/talk to the fans via some form of interview to give some clarity.

I don't think Lambert would have said he expects Evans to speak to the fans otherwise.

Agreed. This isn't a PL Vs ME thing which is being blown out of proportion. They're talking. It's amicable and "both frustrated". A statement will be released explaining why I presume. Maybe another club or two messing us about?

Will Evans respond? on 18:27 - Aug 4 with 2332 viewshomer_123

What position exactly?

That the club is run on a shoestring, that we are working to a tight budget, that we struggle to get deals done.

Tell us all something we dont know.

We know Evan's MO. Lambert knew his MO when he joined.

The best thing Lambert can do is win matches.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Will Evans respond? on 18:30 - Aug 4 with 2310 viewshomer_123

You dont get to where hes got having thin skin.

What evidence, to date, do we have that Evan's is bothered by anything like this?

I am hoping hes not...nothing worse than a reactionary leader.

Will Evans respond? on 18:38 - Aug 4 with 2268 viewsKeaneish

Will Evans respond? on 18:30 - Aug 4 by homer_123

You dont get to where hes got having thin skin.

What evidence, to date, do we have that Evan's is bothered by anything like this?

I am hoping hes not...nothing worse than a reactionary leader.

I'd say losing 9 million quid would have made him think about his approach.

Will Evans respond? on 18:41 - Aug 4 with 2248 viewshomer_123

Will Evans respond? on 18:38 - Aug 4 by Keaneish

I'd say losing 9 million quid would have made him think about his approach.

Has it?

How much did he outlay funding Magilton, Keane, Jewell and then Hurst.

He spent next to nothing with Mick at the helm and the Club performed way way beyond the budget.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024