Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... 16:21 - Aug 4 with 2339 viewsBLUEBEAT

Would Marcus Evans accept it?

Poll: W or W

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:23 - Aug 4 with 2331 viewsBluefish

Anyone in their right mind would. Nearly every club in the world is a selling club, probably only 3 or 4 clubs max that aren't

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:24 - Aug 4 with 2314 viewsBLUEBEAT

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:23 - Aug 4 by Bluefish

Anyone in their right mind would. Nearly every club in the world is a selling club, probably only 3 or 4 clubs max that aren't

£2M?

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:36 - Aug 4 with 2235 viewsCoco

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:24 - Aug 4 by BLUEBEAT

£2M?

That’s below his value.

He did turn down 8m for McGoldrick.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:47 - Aug 4 with 2178 viewsBLUEBEAT

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:36 - Aug 4 by Coco

That’s below his value.

£3M?

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:48 - Aug 4 with 2174 viewsTrequartista

I think he'd take £3m

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:50 - Aug 4 with 2156 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:48 - Aug 4 by Trequartista

I think he'd take £3m

Pointless really.

If Brizzle or anyone else was going to offer anything close to £2M right now, they would have gone and got him for free instead when we did.

An utterly pointless post.

Do you think Evans would accept it if Man Utd bid £86M for Dozzell or Judge?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:53 - Aug 4 with 2128 viewsBLUEBEAT

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:50 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pointless really.

If Brizzle or anyone else was going to offer anything close to £2M right now, they would have gone and got him for free instead when we did.

Utterly pointless post?

Don’t think so.

Supposition is part of the game.

Bristol City suggested as they are going for it this season and have made some high figure sales so could bid no problem.

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:54 - Aug 4 with 2120 viewsTrequartista

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:50 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pointless really.

It's possible that Norwood was someone's third choice, and as the window shuts it becomes apparent that choices one and two are not going to come.

Having said that, it's extremely rare for a player to be signed twice in the same window, so I think this scenario is more applicable to January if he is banging them in.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:54 - Aug 4 with 2111 viewsBLUEBEAT

Pointless really.

With regards to your last sentence, sure.

Would probably sell for £5M combined, in my opinion.

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:57 - Aug 4 with 2088 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:53 - Aug 4 by BLUEBEAT

Utterly pointless post?

Don’t think so.

Bristol City suggested as they are going for it this season and have made some high figure sales so could bid no problem.

You think they are likely to put a bid in for an unproven striker who has just signed for us?

I can't see it myself.

If they had just appointed his former manager and he had been handed the big transfer budget I could understand but Johnson is still there and he was there when Norwood was able to talk terms for free from January.

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:57 - Aug 4 with 2089 viewsStokieBlue

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:53 - Aug 4 by BLUEBEAT

Utterly pointless post?

Don’t think so.

No, he's right.

It was an utterly pointless post which can only perpetuate the moaning.

Give it a rest.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:01 - Aug 4 with 2064 viewsBLUEBEAT

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:57 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

You think they are likely to put a bid in for an unproven striker who has just signed for us?

I can't see it myself.

If they had just appointed his former manager and he had been handed the big transfer budget I could understand but Johnson is still there and he was there when Norwood was able to talk terms for free from January.

Didn’t say they were likely.

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:02 - Aug 4 with 2054 viewsBLUEBEAT

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:57 - Aug 4 by StokieBlue

No, he's right.

It was an utterly pointless post which can only perpetuate the moaning.

Give it a rest.

SB

No.

You don’t have an opinion on a saleable value for Norwood?

OK.

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:05 - Aug 4 with 2033 viewspointofblue

I think the vital question is would the money be invested in a replacement or to improve the squad?

I believe we all know the answer to that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:06 - Aug 4 with 2032 viewsStokieBlue

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:02 - Aug 4 by BLUEBEAT

No.

You don’t have an opinion on a saleable value for Norwood?

OK.

It's just a totally pointless debate.

Regardless of the answer it just gives you a justification to have a pop. Haven't you got anything better to do?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:07 - Aug 4 with 2020 viewsBLUEBEAT

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:06 - Aug 4 by StokieBlue

Regardless of the answer it just gives you a justification to have a pop. Haven't you got anything better to do?

SB

In your opinion it’s a totally pointless debate.

I’m watching the Bristol/Leeds match at present.

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:08 - Aug 4 with 2011 viewsPecker

Absolutely and rightly so.
If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:09 - Aug 4 with 2000 viewsGeoffSentence

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:06 - Aug 4 by StokieBlue

SB

A lot of footy debates are utterly pointless, but that doesn't mean that they aren't interesting.

I for one think that BB's question was interesting, it hadn't even crossed my mind that someone else could come in with a bid for him, but as BB pointed out it could happen.

It's all hypothetical, but it's the hypotheticals that get us thinking.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:21 - Aug 4 with 1936 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:09 - Aug 4 by GeoffSentence

A lot of footy debates are utterly pointless, but that doesn't mean that they aren't interesting.

I for one think that BB's question was interesting, it hadn't even crossed my mind that someone else could come in with a bid for him, but as BB pointed out it could happen.

It's all hypothetical, but it's the hypotheticals that get us thinking.

OK. On that basis, I would imagine PL and ME would see him as vital to our promotion challenge and pretty much irreplaceable, I would expect ME to initially simply say he is not for sale, gauge their level of interest based on their response and then ask PL who he would want to replace him if he was to go.

How much would it cost for us to prise Will Grigg or John Marquis or someone off a rival? That would be a good indicator of how much we should be accepting. Something in excess of that so we could get that player and have made money.

There is a point at which the purpose is to exist as a football club on the pitch not just financially.

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:25 - Aug 4 with 1916 viewsBLUEBEAT

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 17:21 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

OK. On that basis, I would imagine PL and ME would see him as vital to our promotion challenge and pretty much irreplaceable, I would expect ME to initially simply say he is not for sale, gauge their level of interest based on their response and then ask PL who he would want to replace him if he was to go.

How much would it cost for us to prise Will Grigg or John Marquis or someone off a rival? That would be a good indicator of how much we should be accepting. Something in excess of that so we could get that player and have made money.

There is a point at which the purpose is to exist as a football club on the pitch not just financially.

Thank you for your reasoned post.

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 18:02 - Aug 4 with 1766 viewsWickets

If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 16:36 - Aug 4 by Coco

That’s below his value.

Did he turn down 8 mill for McGoldrick !
If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 18:03 - Aug 4 with 1761 viewsjas0999

Yes he would and few could blame him for that.

BUT the criticism of Evans - which would I suspect remain - is whether he would free any of that money for additions. And if he did, how much. Doubt it would be sizeable. In that is 5be problem and has been for a long while.
If, say, Bristol City were to bid £6M for Norwood... on 18:08 - Aug 4 with 1731 viewsKeaneish

No.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024