Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolfenden 12:27 - Aug 4 with 3866 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He is actually better than I remembered.

That clearance off the line is defending that wins you titles. He was strong, composed, vocal and clearly very talented.

Considering he was playing in a pretty poor back 4, I can only imagine he will get better when Chambo goes back in.

He was up there with Flynn and Rowe for MOTM yesterday.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Woolfenden on 12:45 - Aug 4 with 3787 viewsGarv

Impressive because he doesn't seem the biggest to me. I'd probably say he's slight for a CB.

At Cambridge he didn't necessarily win the first header or get to the ball first, but his pace often got him out of trouble. That was obviously only one game, I've not seen him much. My other reference would be the West Ham pre season game where he was good again.

Composed is a good way to describe him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Woolfenden on 13:30 - Aug 4 with 3679 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Woolfenden on 12:45 - Aug 4 by Garv

Impressive because he doesn't seem the biggest to me. I'd probably say he's slight for a CB.

At Cambridge he didn't necessarily win the first header or get to the ball first, but his pace often got him out of trouble. That was obviously only one game, I've not seen him much. My other reference would be the West Ham pre season game where he was good again.

Composed is a good way to describe him.

What impressed me is that he is not a head it kick it sort of centre back. But yesterday he sort of had to be and he adapted well to it.

Got a lot about him

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Woolfenden on 14:29 - Aug 4 with 3576 viewsgazzer1999

He had a great game last season under Hurst, and the first thing Hurst did was spend huge money on Toto, who no respect is not as good as Woolfie.
Woolfenden on 14:42 - Aug 4 with 3528 viewsipswichtillidie

Woolfenden on 14:29 - Aug 4 by gazzer1999

He had a great game last season under Hurst, and the first thing Hurst did was spend huge money on Toto, who no respect is not as good as Woolfie.

No doubt he will make the odd mistake but he’s potential is that of any of the centre half’s that we have seen here. Hopefully he’ll get a good run in the team now and play his part. It was the full back areas yesterday for me that looked a little shaky. Kenlock needs to work on his positioning and Donacien’s weakness is in possession. I suspect a full back is now a priority in the window if we do actually manage to get anyone in.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 14:49]

Gav

Woolfenden on 14:46 - Aug 4 with 3499 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think that is difficult to be sure of because we saw so little of Woolfenden and Nsiala wasn't anywhere close to the player Hurst expected him to be (I am sure).

However, after the way Woolfenden played versus Blackburn I was disappointed to see him go out on loan. However, a solid season in League 2 probably did him a lot better than being in an out of a struggling side in the Championship.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Woolfenden on 14:47 - Aug 4 with 3500 viewsWestcountryblue

With Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden and Wilson, we will have enough at CB.

Right back is the issue for me, as if PL wants to play his diamond system it relies on having full backs that are comfortable up and down the line.
Woolfenden on 14:56 - Aug 4 with 3448 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Woolfenden on 14:47 - Aug 4 by Westcountryblue

With Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden and Wilson, we will have enough at CB.

Right back is the issue for me, as if PL wants to play his diamond system it relies on having full backs that are comfortable up and down the line.

What has happened to Emmanuel? Didn't he do reasonably well (especially going forward) for Rotherham at this level 2 years ago and yet Lambert doesn't seem to rate him at all?

With the CBs, Skuse and Donacien provide further cover before we need to use someone like Ndaba as well. I think another striker would be a higher priority than CB.

Woolfenden on 15:08 - Aug 4 with 3404 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Yes really hopeful on Woolf Nailing down a spot which would be very impressive for a 20 year old. His height is his primary weakness but may actually help us keep him.

He's just over 6ft i think. Chambers is 6ft 1 so interesting to see if Nsiala gets nod against big lads.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

Woolfenden on 15:08 - Aug 4 with 3400 viewsWestcountryblue

Woolfenden on 14:56 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

What has happened to Emmanuel? Didn't he do reasonably well (especially going forward) for Rotherham at this level 2 years ago and yet Lambert doesn't seem to rate him at all?

With the CBs, Skuse and Donacien provide further cover before we need to use someone like Ndaba as well. I think another striker would be a higher priority than CB.

I think Emmanuel still has a few too many clangers in him to be trusted at RB. Would be great if we could get him out on loan to January, boost his confidence and then have another look at him in the New Year.

Still think he has everything in his locker to be an excellent RB.
Woolfenden on 15:10 - Aug 4 with 3397 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Woolfenden on 15:08 - Aug 4 by Terry_Nutkins

Yes really hopeful on Woolf Nailing down a spot which would be very impressive for a 20 year old. His height is his primary weakness but may actually help us keep him.

He's just over 6ft i think. Chambers is 6ft 1 so interesting to see if Nsiala gets nod against big lads.

Height is only a weakness if he gets beaten in the air and if he cannot get on the end of set pieces. I don't think Wark was very tall was he but a phenomenal player of the ball in the air.

Woolfenden on 15:12 - Aug 4 with 3393 viewsWestcountryblue

Woolfenden on 15:10 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Height is only a weakness if he gets beaten in the air and if he cannot get on the end of set pieces. I don't think Wark was very tall was he but a phenomenal player of the ball in the air.

He's 6ft 1, should be fine and might even grow some more.
Woolfenden on 15:56 - Aug 4 with 3285 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

And the greatest centre half of them all, the Beat, was only 5'10 or 5'11.
Love ‘The Wolf’ but can he play left sided centre back? (n/t) on 18:22 - Aug 4 with 3108 viewsunstableblue

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

isnt that myth?! on 18:30 - Aug 4 with 3080 viewsunstableblue

On the ifollow highlights he looked tall compared to burton and peers...

Huws looks taller than I realised also

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Woolfenden on 18:57 - Aug 4 with 3014 viewsMullet

I think you're remembering the end not the start of the game. Lots of talent there, but another one who needs coaching, rotation and Chambers in his ear this season.

With time on the pitch his decision making and confidence will yield benefits.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Woolfenden on 19:06 - Aug 4 with 2980 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Woolfenden on 15:12 - Aug 4 by Westcountryblue

He's 6ft 1, should be fine and might even grow some more.

Not to be pedantic but unless he's had a growth spurt in last 6 months he's 6ft and a half. It's not an issue as someone says above if he has a great leap. I'm taking the positive of it maybe putting off higher level suitors. Not a biggy but with Chambers also being not much taller it will just be interesting to see hiw Lambert plays it against some big lads in this division.

Woolfenden on 19:15 - Aug 4 with 2957 viewseddiespearitt03

Develop players and then sell em is Evans strategy.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 10:59]
Woolfenden on 19:51 - Aug 4 with 2882 viewsGeoffSentence

Woolfenden on 19:06 - Aug 4 by Terry_Nutkins

Not to be pedantic but unless he's had a growth spurt in last 6 months he's 6ft and a half. It's not an issue as someone says above if he has a great leap. I'm taking the positive of it maybe putting off higher level suitors. Not a biggy but with Chambers also being not much taller it will just be interesting to see hiw Lambert plays it against some big lads in this division.

point of order, but quibling over whether he is 6 ft 1 or 6ft and a half, is a little bit pedantic.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Woolfenden on 21:20 - Aug 4 with 2731 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Woolfenden on 19:51 - Aug 4 by GeoffSentence

point of order, but quibling over whether he is 6 ft 1 or 6ft and a half, is a little bit pedantic.

It was massively pedantic haha. But none the less, he's a short centre half. Really impressed with him so far. That half inch saved us toward the end to be fair!

Woolfenden on 23:34 - Aug 4 with 2562 viewslinhdi

Woolfenden on 21:20 - Aug 4 by Terry_Nutkins

It was massively pedantic haha. But none the less, he's a short centre half. Really impressed with him so far. That half inch saved us toward the end to be fair!

It was a half inch that stopped Burton from half-inching a point!
Woolfenden on 07:14 - Aug 5 with 2413 viewsKropotkin123

Woolfenden on 19:15 - Aug 4 by eddiespearitt03

Develop players and then sell em is Evans strategy.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 10:59]

I was in disagreement with your viewpoint. Then you put your the last sentence in capitals and I was convinced.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Woolfenden on 08:03 - Aug 5 with 2334 viewsBloomBlue

But if we go out and spend a lot on another CH he will be out of the team again and there goes his development unless we loan him out.
Woolfenden on 08:51 - Aug 5 with 2269 viewsHeathlander

Woolfenden on 15:08 - Aug 4 by Westcountryblue

I think Emmanuel still has a few too many clangers in him to be trusted at RB. Would be great if we could get him out on loan to January, boost his confidence and then have another look at him in the New Year.

Still think he has everything in his locker to be an excellent RB.

He can't have as many clangers in him as Donacian. He is better going forward as well. Maybe PL just wanted some experience there on Saturday with Chambers and Nsala out.
Woolfenden on 08:52 - Aug 5 with 2262 viewschicoazul

Woolfenden on 15:08 - Aug 4 by Terry_Nutkins

Is he really only 6ft?? I thought he was much taller than that, he looked bigger in that West Ham game last year.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Woolfenden on 08:58 - Aug 5 with 2225 viewsPJH

Billy Baxter was short for a central defender too but great in the air.
A 1961/62 title winning wing half but his best years for us were at centre half, converted to centre half by Bill McGarry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024