Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our midfield competition is unbelievable 08:50 - Aug 4 with 922 viewsunstableblue

We started Skuse, Downes, Rowe and Garbutt.... with Downes and Rowe the pick by all accounts

We have Huws and Judge who came on and are clearly going to start soon. Dozzell’s knee seems minor so he’ll provide yet more creative competition!

You have El Mizouni (who I think is class) also coming in to play. And Roberts who Lambert thinks has a role.

You then to come back from injury Edwards and Nolan who also expect to start, then Lankester. And in the longer term Bishop.

That’s 13 trying for 4 or 5 places. That is healthy and exciting. But also perhaps suggests we’ll need to loan out.

Goalkeeper position is also well covered. Holy had a good pre-season, but silly errors and the the highly rated Wolves loanee (who will no doubt play in the cup) will come in.

Shame the defence and attack lack such competition.

Chambo will be great to return... Wolfenden alongside will be more dynamic, and Chambo can talk Donacien into a better game.
Kenlock continues to blow hot and cold, shame Nydam got injured, could have been his spot. I still think we should persist with Miles. But another CB and full back should be signed. The CB competition will increase when Toto returns.

We need another striker. I expect Norwood to bag a goal against Sunderland, and get plenty, especialllt when Judge/Huws/Dozzell break into the side to supply. But another striker to offer something different to Jackson then we’d be cooking on gas.

A great first win, exciting midfield competition just want to see a couple of new faces.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 08:52 - Aug 4 with 892 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Re the attack, it's lacks competition for now... but when we get Sears and Lankester back, that's healthy competition right there.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 08:54 - Aug 4 with 875 viewsBluefish

Agree with all of that and I think Chambers will really work well with Woolfy and help Donacien. Kenlock is the weak point but I do feel we can carry him for now. The main issue is Jackson, the set up yesterday was made for him but he still looked way out of his depth

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:10 - Aug 4 with 713 viewsJoHnNnY

Agree with midfield ... we need another striker and Right back, left back cover.
3 we need.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:38 - Aug 4 with 632 viewspointofblue

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:10 - Aug 4 by JoHnNnY

Agree with midfield ... we need another striker and Right back, left back cover.
3 we need.

I agree. Did Lambert say we needed three more before or after Wilson signed because I definitely think right back, left back and striker is where we should be looking.

Something tells me we’re waiting on Elliott and will pick him up when he’s fit. I hope I’m wrong but, in terms of free transfer choices, we’re very limited choice wise unless we can convince Fraizer Campbell or Gary Hooper to drop down a level!

I’d love us to bring in Ben Coker or Stephen Hendrie from Southend to cover the left back spot; I think both were well liked at Roots Hall and I’m surprised they haven’t signed for a club already.

Regarding right back, Nathan Thompson from Portsmouth would be a superb signing but I guess he’s holding out for a Championship move? The same could be said for Adam Matthews though he’d also be a reasonable addition.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:43 - Aug 4 with 620 viewsStokieBlue

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:38 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

I agree. Did Lambert say we needed three more before or after Wilson signed because I definitely think right back, left back and striker is where we should be looking.

Something tells me we’re waiting on Elliott and will pick him up when he’s fit. I hope I’m wrong but, in terms of free transfer choices, we’re very limited choice wise unless we can convince Fraizer Campbell or Gary Hooper to drop down a level!

I’d love us to bring in Ben Coker or Stephen Hendrie from Southend to cover the left back spot; I think both were well liked at Roots Hall and I’m surprised they haven’t signed for a club already.

Regarding right back, Nathan Thompson from Portsmouth would be a superb signing but I guess he’s holding out for a Championship move? The same could be said for Adam Matthews though he’d also be a reasonable addition.

Most of them would cost money - where you getting it from?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:44 - Aug 4 with 610 viewsHerbivore

We could field two midfields and for me they'd be the best two in the division. So much quality and depth there. We do need another striker and some more quality at full back ideally, but otherwise this squad should be good enough to take us back up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:45 - Aug 4 with 598 viewspointofblue

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:43 - Aug 4 by StokieBlue

Most of them would cost money - where you getting it from?

SB

They’re all out of contract so free transfers; I just put their previous club in the post. I suppose is might be the tension between Lambert and Evans over finances and is where the latter is annoying me slightly, considering the sell on amount we’ve received over the summer with Moore’s still to possibly come.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 10:49]

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:47 - Aug 4 with 591 viewsStokieBlue

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:45 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

They’re all out of contract so free transfers; I just put their previous club in the post. I suppose is might be the tension between Lambert and Evans over finances and is where the latter is annoying me slightly, considering the sell on amount we’ve received over the summer with Moore’s still to possibly come.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 10:49]

Fair enough, when you said "from Southend" it makes them sound like they are still in contract....

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:58 - Aug 4 with 546 viewspointofblue

Our midfield competition is unbelievable on 10:47 - Aug 4 by StokieBlue

Fair enough, when you said "from Southend" it makes them sound like they are still in contract....

SB

Yes, apologies for that, didn’t make it clear.

Squad wise that’d result in:

Goalkeepers: Holy, Norris, Prezybak, Wright
Right Backs: Donacien, Emmanuel, e.g. Thompson
Left Backs: Clements, Kenlock, e.g. Coker
Centre Backs: Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Wilson (Ndaba)
Right Midfielders: Dobra, Edwards, Rowe
Left Midfielders: El Mizouni, Garbutt, Roberts
Central Midfielders: Bishop, Downes, Dozzell, Huws, Judge, Nolan, Nydam, Skuse
Strikers: Lankester, Jackson, Norwood, Sears, e.g. Elliott (Folami, Morris)

Which is pretty hefty. I’d expect Wright, Emmanuel, Clements and Roberts to be sent out on loan at the very least. Possibly Lambert would see Garbutt as back up at left back and wants to nurture Clements through so his third signing might be left midfield, hence the pursuit of Mayor earlier in the summer? Ben Pringle is the only possible free transfer I can see happening for that position.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024