Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rowe MOTM today, Downes and Woolfenden really good too 19:20 - Aug 3 with 1607 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Rowe's drive and desire to go forward was for me an arguably most pleasing aspect of the game. It was particularly impressive in the first half.

Woolfenden seemed very assured and saved us a win with his last-gasp clearance.

Downes like a professor at times in the middle.

Holy decent first half but his farcical mistake towards the end of the game nearly cost us points.

Unexpected 3 points for me as this defence was frightening me before the game but what a lift for Lambert as I feel really sorry for him. Must be really awful for him to work for evans. He certainly wants to build something for the future but given lack of tools from evans he may have to turn to the loan market.
Rowe MOTM today, Downes and Woolfenden really good too on 19:37 - Aug 3 with 1522 viewsMuswellblue

Agree with a lot of what you’ve said above. Brief player rating from me whilst I’m sat on the train back to London.
Holy 6- assured when claiming deliveries, untroubled with saves, distribution good, almost cost us with an almighty error late on when we were otherwise comfortable.
Donacien- 4- not sure how he is a footballer, turns slowly, awful first half, terrible in possession. Got better second half though.
Wolfenden- 8.5 excellent. Cool, calm, collected, looked like an experienced CB.
Wilson- 6- not commanding enough, but no major errors apart from switching off once, not good enough for a higher level than this and possibly against better strikers at this level.
Kenlock - 6 not good enough at times. Too inconsistent, was often harshly adjudged to have fouled players though in the first half, but regardless not good enough and careless in possession second half.
Rowe 8 - up there with Downes and Wolfenden. Real threat, lively and could have scored in the first half.
Downes - 9 - bossed the game, particularly when we matched them up with a 3 in the middle, but even before then looked class.
Skuse - 8 didn’t really notice him much but he was often on hand and nobody ever got past him, had two yards in his head relative to some on their team.
Garbutt- 7 - Neat and tidy, some good link up, could be more assertive at times but almost got an excellent assist for Norwood as well as his goal.
Jackson- 7- good movement, didn’t utilise him that well but worked hard and put himself about.
Norwood - 8 real handful, puts himself about, will get sent off at least once I imagine. Lively though and some nice touches, I imagine him linking up with Judge to excellent effect in future games, should score 20 this year. Looked shattered in the last 10.
Rowe MOTM today, Downes and Woolfenden really good too on 19:37 - Aug 3 with 1518 viewsBluefish

Giving Rowe motm is insulting to Downes. How did you feel about the fact we won 1-0 and didn't push to finish the game off?

For the record Lambert finally got it right with 2 up top but also made the right changes to the team. All 3 changes made sense

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Rowe MOTM today, Downes and Woolfenden really good too on 19:43 - Aug 3 with 1468 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Rowe MOTM today, Downes and Woolfenden really good too on 19:37 - Aug 3 by Bluefish

Giving Rowe motm is insulting to Downes. How did you feel about the fact we won 1-0 and didn't push to finish the game off?

For the record Lambert finally got it right with 2 up top but also made the right changes to the team. All 3 changes made sense

Must be insulting to what you think

Yes we should have pushed to finish the game off and that was somewhat disappointing. Now though it's irrelevant as 3 points is what matters. Bonus 3 points given the squad of our defence.
Rowe MOTM today, Downes and Woolfenden really good too on 19:45 - Aug 3 with 1459 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Rowe MOTM today, Downes and Woolfenden really good too on 19:37 - Aug 3 by Muswellblue

Agree with a lot of what you’ve said above. Brief player rating from me whilst I’m sat on the train back to London.
Holy 6- assured when claiming deliveries, untroubled with saves, distribution good, almost cost us with an almighty error late on when we were otherwise comfortable.
Donacien- 4- not sure how he is a footballer, turns slowly, awful first half, terrible in possession. Got better second half though.
Wolfenden- 8.5 excellent. Cool, calm, collected, looked like an experienced CB.
Wilson- 6- not commanding enough, but no major errors apart from switching off once, not good enough for a higher level than this and possibly against better strikers at this level.
Kenlock - 6 not good enough at times. Too inconsistent, was often harshly adjudged to have fouled players though in the first half, but regardless not good enough and careless in possession second half.
Rowe 8 - up there with Downes and Wolfenden. Real threat, lively and could have scored in the first half.
Downes - 9 - bossed the game, particularly when we matched them up with a 3 in the middle, but even before then looked class.
Skuse - 8 didn’t really notice him much but he was often on hand and nobody ever got past him, had two yards in his head relative to some on their team.
Garbutt- 7 - Neat and tidy, some good link up, could be more assertive at times but almost got an excellent assist for Norwood as well as his goal.
Jackson- 7- good movement, didn’t utilise him that well but worked hard and put himself about.
Norwood - 8 real handful, puts himself about, will get sent off at least once I imagine. Lively though and some nice touches, I imagine him linking up with Judge to excellent effect in future games, should score 20 this year. Looked shattered in the last 10.

Agree mostly. Was pleased with the Norwood's work ethic. We will be fooked if he gets injured.
Rowe MOTM today, Downes and Woolfenden really good too on 20:33 - Aug 3 with 1283 viewsBloomBlue

I was delighted to see the youths today, if we buy players the youths will be back playing for the youths I dont see the point of that.
Rowe MOTM today, Downes and Woolfenden really good too on 20:58 - Aug 3 with 1164 viewsflimflam

With either 2 of judge huws Bishop or nolan on the pitch we should destroy every midfield this season.

Downes MOTM todsy

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Rowe MOTM today, Downes and Woolfenden really good too on 22:23 - Aug 3 with 979 viewsFreddy

Rowe MOTM today, Downes and Woolfenden really good too on 19:37 - Aug 3 by Bluefish

3 points is all that matters
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024