Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? 11:43 - Aug 3 with 2357 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Discuss

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:45 - Aug 3 with 1954 viewsJ2BLUE

Towards running the club?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:46 - Aug 3 with 1951 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:45 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

That's that correctly answered then. Any more easy questions?

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:46 - Aug 3 with 1948 viewsjeera

Free spins.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:47 - Aug 3 with 1934 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:46 - Aug 3 by Terry_Nutkins

That's that correctly answered then. Any more easy questions?

What is Marcus Evans plan then? Ether to take the club for (that would mean spending some money yea right!) Or is he planning to sell the club?

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:49 - Aug 3 with 1917 viewsjeera

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:47 - Aug 3 by Ipswich_Crazy

What is Marcus Evans plan then? Ether to take the club for (that would mean spending some money yea right!) Or is he planning to sell the club?

To keep to his allocated budget until Town find a natural level [according to that budget].

?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:52 - Aug 3 with 1900 viewsNaylorsboots

Its in Evans wallet, along with all the rest of the money.
Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:54 - Aug 3 with 1852 viewsBluefish

The amount will drop due to relegation

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:56 - Aug 3 with 1844 viewssparks

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:52 - Aug 3 by Naylorsboots

Evidence for this?

Interesting to see you calling Evans a liar, whilst posting demonstrable lies yourself...

New username... Single subject agenda for your posts...

Transparent tbh.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 11:57]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:00 - Aug 3 with 1826 viewsWestcountryblue

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:47 - Aug 3 by Ipswich_Crazy

If he's planning to keep the club, he really needs to use League One as an opportunity to start again and gain some momentum.

I could potentially see him selling at the end of the season if we can secure promotion, as that might generate some interest in the club
Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:01 - Aug 3 with 1814 viewsagentp

Why would he want to sell it? He saves £2billion per annum in taxes by owning us and even traded in the club's cherry picker for a Bentley. He will want us to continually fall down the leagues so he can save even more in tax, and then.... when there is nothing left, I heard he will start kidnapping random TWTDers and sell them on for bacon.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 12:03]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:06 - Aug 3 with 1764 viewssuffolkpoker

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:01 - Aug 3 by agentp

Why would he want to sell it? He saves £2billion per annum in taxes by owning us and even traded in the club's cherry picker for a Bentley. He will want us to continually fall down the leagues so he can save even more in tax, and then.... when there is nothing left, I heard he will start kidnapping random TWTDers and sell them on for bacon.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 12:03]

I just prey he can sell bacon better than football tickets...

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:09 - Aug 3 with 1749 viewssuffolkpoker

The money would be staged over the seasons.
The money being lost being dropping down is dwarfed by the sponsors £2m
Of course Daub Aldrenery Ltd has a relagation clause, which they didnt trigger.

Without magical vegas's money we would have to offsett / sell someone else.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:27 - Aug 3 with 1635 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Evans isnt a bad owner. He covers our costs and keeps us running to a reasonable degree. The problem is he isn't an ambitious owner who is prepared to invest big to get reward. He's now a cautious owner looking to try to compete and a minimal loss (but it is a loss none the less which he covers to his credit). This is never ever a recipe for happy fans unless a number of things can come together e.g. academy, right manager, luck with injuries etc. Lamberts comments are worrying. We really need him.

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:28 - Aug 3 with 1626 viewsBloomBlue

He is spending millions to keep the club going. Money going out is much higher than money coming in so ME is using his own millions to fill that gap if not the club would go into administration for the second time.
Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:29 - Aug 3 with 1615 viewsSuperblue95

Into my pocket after I won a 4,673 team accumulator off a 20p bet

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:34 - Aug 3 with 1588 viewsfactual_blue

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:52 - Aug 3 by Naylorsboots

How is delia these days?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:55 - Aug 3 with 1507 viewsNotMarcusEvans

I definitely haven't got racehorses to buy.
Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:55 - Aug 3 with 1506 viewsFunge

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:27 - Aug 3 by Terry_Nutkins

Evans isnt a bad owner. He covers our costs and keeps us running to a reasonable degree. The problem is he isn't an ambitious owner who is prepared to invest big to get reward. He's now a cautious owner looking to try to compete and a minimal loss (but it is a loss none the less which he covers to his credit). This is never ever a recipe for happy fans unless a number of things can come together e.g. academy, right manager, luck with injuries etc. Lamberts comments are worrying. We really need him.

Posts like this bewilder me.

The whole club is set up to operate on an absolute shoestring; absolutely everything is done on the cheap, with no thought given to any kind of long-term planning or growth. No thought at all.

A stance that has endured for the last 5 years, in which time we had had one play-off appearance , before getting relegated to our lowest position in 60 years. A man apparently unwilling to delegate any power to people who might know what they're doing, resulting in Paul fcking Hurst spunking Mick's legacy on drivel.

Is football too rich for Evans? Undoubtedly. Is he of the same ilk as SISU/ the Oystons/ Ken Anderson etc? Clearly not. Is he a bad owner despite this? Fully.

The idea that our continuing existence, on life support, should somehow exonerate Evans, or disguise the fact that he is crushingly, depressingly, inept as an owner, is both bizarre and sad.

We are experiencing death by a thousand cuts, and we seem all too content to accept it. Every slight further shift towards annihilation greeted with acceptance, or even encouragement. Postage charges for away tickets? Fine, who wouldn't do that in our situation? Closing all cash turnstiles for on-the-day purchases? Well, yes, we must look at cutting overheads. Failing to fit contactless terminals at the bar, leading to the faintly ludicrous situation where you can't get into the ground with cash, but can't buy anything once inside, without it? A club in our position can't afford that!

Of course, none of these things in isolation matter a jot, yet step back, and the picture is so very gloomy.

One feels that Evans simply doesn't care - and if he doesn't, then it's not unreasonable to ask -why should we?

Er, COYBs. Burton 1 - 2 ITFC.
Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 13:00 - Aug 3 with 1477 viewssparks

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:55 - Aug 3 by Funge

The whole club is set up to operate on an absolute shoestring; absolutely everything is done on the cheap, with no thought given to any kind of long-term planning or growth. No thought at all.

A stance that has endured for the last 5 years, in which time we had had one play-off appearance , before getting relegated to our lowest position in 60 years. A man apparently unwilling to delegate any power to people who might know what they're doing, resulting in Paul fcking Hurst spunking Mick's legacy on drivel.

Is football too rich for Evans? Undoubtedly. Is he of the same ilk as SISU/ the Oystons/ Ken Anderson etc? Clearly not. Is he a bad owner despite this? Fully.

The idea that our continuing existence, on life support, should somehow exonerate Evans, or disguise the fact that he is crushingly, depressingly, inept as an owner, is both bizarre and sad.

We are experiencing death by a thousand cuts, and we seem all too content to accept it. Every slight further shift towards annihilation greeted with acceptance, or even encouragement. Postage charges for away tickets? Fine, who wouldn't do that in our situation? Closing all cash turnstiles for on-the-day purchases? Well, yes, we must look at cutting overheads. Failing to fit contactless terminals at the bar, leading to the faintly ludicrous situation where you can't get into the ground with cash, but can't buy anything once inside, without it? A club in our position can't afford that!

Of course, none of these things in isolation matter a jot, yet step back, and the picture is so very gloomy.

One feels that Evans simply doesn't care - and if he doesn't, then it's not unreasonable to ask -why should we?

If he didnt care- would he continue to commit millions every year?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 13:10 - Aug 3 with 1437 viewsGeoffSentence

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:45 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

The whole question of our commercial income is an interesting one. The latest Swiss Ramble pieces show us as having a commercial income of £4m in 2017/18, one of the lowest in the Championship, and on a par with diddy little Burton (average crowd C 4,000). Meanwhile Bristol City, a similar club to us, though without the rich history of success, were raking in a cool £12M in commercial income.

If only we were a bit more astute on the commercial side, we could have a whole bunch more cash to cover running the club, ME could see his regular input covered with a bit to spare.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 13:12 - Aug 3 with 1425 viewsFunge

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 13:00 - Aug 3 by sparks

If he didnt care- would he continue to commit millions every year?

As outlined above, it's rather more nuanced that the somewhat abstract concept of 'caring' - this was the word I used to encapsulate the feeling within my post; I concede it's a fairly clumsy word.

Regardless, the fact that Evans spends a sum of money that laymen such as you and I consider to be eye-watering, in continuing to operate ITFC as a going concern, does not excuse his piss-poor ownership of the club.

I reiterate that football is now undoubtedly too rich for Evans, and there is a separate rant I could have about the fundamentally pointless nature of modern football (I wonder who will come third in the Premiership this year? Will it be Spurs or Chelsea? Expect 72 straight hours of Jim White trying to convince you that it matters next April...) - however, this does not excuse the overall shortsightedness and parsimony of his recent tenure here.

He is stuck between the devil and the deep blue, for sure - but if we don't go up this season, then we're pretty much stuck in this league until we wither away. Lamberts comments yesterday refer.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 13:13]
Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 13:18 - Aug 3 with 1399 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 12:55 - Aug 3 by Funge

How does it bewilder you?! you go on to say similar. At no point do i exonerate him as such i'm just stating the situation. He's not really the owner fans really want or can take us places now that football is so cash dependent. He's also not a terrible owner like the ones you also mentioned. I don't exonerate or vilify. Does it have to black or white for you not to be bewildered?!

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 13:24 - Aug 3 with 1372 viewsNaylorsboots

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 11:56 - Aug 3 by sparks

Evidence for this?

Interesting to see you calling Evans a liar, whilst posting demonstrable lies yourself...

New username... Single subject agenda for your posts...

Transparent tbh.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 11:57]

Go carry on with your blinkered love in for Evans.Its time some on here woke up
Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 13:25 - Aug 3 with 1358 viewssparks

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 13:24 - Aug 3 by Naylorsboots

Go carry on with your blinkered love in for Evans.Its time some on here woke up

https://digitalcontent.api.tesco.com/v1/media/ghs/snapshotimagehandler_153867622

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 13:30 - Aug 3 with 1353 viewsFunge

Where has the £2 million from Magical Vegas gone? on 13:18 - Aug 3 by Terry_Nutkins

How does it bewilder you?! you go on to say similar. At no point do i exonerate him as such i'm just stating the situation. He's not really the owner fans really want or can take us places now that football is so cash dependent. He's also not a terrible owner like the ones you also mentioned. I don't exonerate or vilify. Does it have to black or white for you not to be bewildered?!

So, in turn:-

You stated 'Evans isnt a bad owner'.

Well, er, he is, as my whinging above outlines.

'He keeps us running to a reasonable degree' - except it's not reasonable, at all. Everything is done as cheaply as possible. We can say that he keeps us running. That's about it.

The idea that he covers the losses 'to his credit' is, fundamentally, the whole premise behind owning any business.

These points are what confuse me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024