Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 19:38 - Aug 2 with 1623 viewshomer_123

Is he going to be the first manager casualty of the season?

Albeit he maybe telling it as it is but it's now starting to come across as far more about covering his own posterior.

Shame....he knew 'exactly' what he was getting into...no excuses.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert on 19:40 - Aug 2 with 1607 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I hope not, as it will mean another bad start to a season.

Lambert has enough to be competitive, and needs to get on with it.

Suspect (hope) he is showing a different side of his personality to the players.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert on 19:41 - Aug 2 with 1593 viewshomer_123

Lambert on 19:40 - Aug 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

I hope not, as it will mean another bad start to a season.

Lambert has enough to be competitive, and needs to get on with it.

Suspect (hope) he is showing a different side of his personality to the players.

Hope so Mullers.

It's starting to grate a little.

Gotta hit the ground running....no excuses....just get points on the board, get over last season and push.

Lambert on 19:48 - Aug 2 with 1553 viewsDarth_Koont

Obviously there was frustration but still not sure how much of that is against Evans, the overall financial situation, deals that broke down for whatever reason, dislike of pre-season and the pressure of a tough start to the season.

I think we'll all be in a better place tomorrow win, lose or draw. Certainly a clearer one.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lambert on 19:56 - Aug 2 with 1518 viewschristiand

The relish in seeing your own manager getting the ‘tic-tac’, something not right there. I don’t think he did know the true extent of ME’s lack of support when he was appointed. ME seems to make a lot of false promises.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 19:57]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Lambert on 19:59 - Aug 2 with 1489 viewsDarth_Koont

Lambert on 19:56 - Aug 2 by christiand

The relish in seeing your own manager getting the ‘tic-tac’, something not right there. I don’t think he did know the true extent of ME’s lack of support when he was appointed. ME seems to make a lot of false promises.

Even if I disagree with the interpretation of Lambert's frustration and why he was showing it, not sure homer went as far as relishing it.

Lambert on 20:02 - Aug 2 with 1474 viewshomer_123

Lambert on 19:56 - Aug 2 by christiand

Not relishing it.. was asking a question.

Lambert on 20:02 - Aug 2 with 1470 viewschristiand

Lambert on 19:59 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Even if I disagree with the interpretation of Lambert's frustration and why he was showing it, not sure homer went as far as relishing it.

Stating if PL might be the first managerial casualty this season, seems to be indicating some unhealthy enjoyment of the situation.

Lambert on 20:03 - Aug 2 with 1462 viewshomer_123

Lambert on 19:48 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Obviously there was frustration but still not sure how much of that is against Evans, the overall financial situation, deals that broke down for whatever reason, dislike of pre-season and the pressure of a tough start to the season.

I think we'll all be in a better place tomorrow win, lose or draw. Certainly a clearer one.

It's tough...hes stated how 'little's he himself is now involved...clearly very unhappy with the lack of dealings.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 20:04 - Aug 2 with 1456 viewshomer_123

Lambert on 20:02 - Aug 2 by christiand

Stating if PL might be the first managerial casualty this season, seems to be indicating some unhealthy enjoyment of the situation.

Did you miss the question mark?

Lambert on 20:07 - Aug 2 with 1438 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If he loses 7-1 tomorrow, Clough will be our manager by the Sunderland match.

Def info.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lambert on 20:11 - Aug 2 with 1423 viewsDarth_Koont

Lambert on 20:03 - Aug 2 by homer_123

It's tough...hes stated how 'little's he himself is now involved...clearly very unhappy with the lack of dealings.

I get that. But that's as much about where we are now with a huge drop in revenue and still much of last year to pay for.

I'm more inclined to go with his "That's football" and see what happens when the real stuff starts.

Lambert on 20:11 - Aug 2 with 1424 viewschristiand

Lambert on 20:04 - Aug 2 by homer_123

Did you miss the question mark?

No, I saw it. It’s not going to be any different under any other manager, so why ask the question because he’s unhappy with the current transfer situation? Pochettino does it all the time to Levy at Spurs. Will he be the first to be sacked then?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 20:14]

Lambert on 20:14 - Aug 2 with 1402 viewshomer_123

Lambert on 20:11 - Aug 2 by christiand

No, I saw it. It’s not going to be any different under any other manager, so why ask the question because he’s unhappy with the current transfer situation? Pochettino does it all the time to Levy at Spurs. Will he be the first to be sacked then?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 20:14]

So...it wasnt a statement then....as you posted. Cheers.

Lambert on 20:15 - Aug 2 with 1397 viewschristiand

Lambert on 20:14 - Aug 2 by homer_123

So...it wasnt a statement then....as you posted. Cheers.

So just a daft question....thanks that clears that up!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 20:16]

Lambert on 20:17 - Aug 2 with 1382 viewshomer_123

Lambert on 20:11 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

I get that. But that's as much about where we are now with a huge drop in revenue and still much of last year to pay for.

I'm more inclined to go with his "That's football" and see what happens when the real stuff starts.

Yep...understand that DK. Still gotta give him a fair crack this season. Just the timing of his comments and the feel is very much at odds with all the good work hes done off the pitch since hes joined.

For us fans...getting deals done or not is nothing new to us and cant really be for him either.

Lambert on 20:19 - Aug 2 with 1372 viewshomer_123

Lambert on 20:15 - Aug 2 by christiand

So just a daft question....thanks that clears that up!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 20:16]

Not at all. You've made two huge assumptions, one stating it was a statement when clearly a question and two stating I was relishing it when nothing I posted suggested so.

I thought you were better than that.

Lambert on 20:22 - Aug 2 with 1358 viewsBloomBlue

We could get Burley back and play the youngsters.

Oh hold on the fans will moan at that as they want the club to buy players and play those.
Lambert on 20:28 - Aug 2 with 1338 viewschristiand

Lambert on 20:19 - Aug 2 by homer_123

Not at all. You've made two huge assumptions, one stating it was a statement when clearly a question and two stating I was relishing it when nothing I posted suggested so.

I thought you were better than that.

Much better and thanks for noticing. I’m one of those that believes if PL is given a fair crack of the whip he’ll get things right, but he needs help from him upstairs which he’s not getting evidently. Yes, you can question the timing of his outburst, I certainly don’t think he’s covering his ar*e after all he’s an experienced manager; he can’t be expected to do the job with his hands tied behind his back either. I was disappointed to listen to him this morning, but if he’s been getting false promises since his arrival perhaps there was a straw that broke the camel’s back?

Lambert on 20:34 - Aug 2 with 1307 viewshomer_123

Lambert on 20:28 - Aug 2 by christiand

Much better and thanks for noticing. I’m one of those that believes if PL is given a fair crack of the whip he’ll get things right, but he needs help from him upstairs which he’s not getting evidently. Yes, you can question the timing of his outburst, I certainly don’t think he’s covering his ar*e after all he’s an experienced manager; he can’t be expected to do the job with his hands tied behind his back either. I was disappointed to listen to him this morning, but if he’s been getting false promises since his arrival perhaps there was a straw that broke the camel’s back?

The piece in the EADT was pure ass covering. That aside....as I said below he deserves a chance.

But he knew what the job entailed....he knew what he was getting into.

Lambert on 20:40 - Aug 2 with 1277 viewschristiand

Lambert on 20:34 - Aug 2 by homer_123

The piece in the EADT was pure ass covering. That aside....as I said below he deserves a chance.

But he knew what the job entailed....he knew what he was getting into.

Did he? Have you ever taken a job and then the true extent of the role unravels before you once you start that position? I know I have. Think you’re being a little too generous to our owner, in terms of ar*e covering I bet he hid behind some false promises when proposing the job to PL.

Lambert on 20:40 - Aug 2 with 1276 viewsDarth_Koont

Lambert on 20:17 - Aug 2 by homer_123

Yep...understand that DK. Still gotta give him a fair crack this season. Just the timing of his comments and the feel is very much at odds with all the good work hes done off the pitch since hes joined.

For us fans...getting deals done or not is nothing new to us and cant really be for him either.

Agreed. Wasn't ideal. And yes, I'm not even worried any more about deals getting done.

Hopefully it's more about the pressure of the game ahead. If him and the squad are feeling that then that's probably a good thing. Tomorrow could be a 6-pointer!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024