Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hated Lamberts presser 18:24 - Aug 2 with 2337 viewsMrTown

Watched it then have been on the road all day so don’t know the general assessment of his presser.

Thought it was really poor a day before the new season. Should be filled with hope and enjoyment, sent out a really depressing message, can only transmit badly to the players and in particular the new boys he has actually signed.

Should be kept between himself and Evans.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:25 - Aug 2 with 2311 viewsSpruceMoose

Most people loved it to be fair.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:26 - Aug 2 with 2310 viewsBlueBadger

Ultimately, it's just a presser. Working yourself up about it really isn't worth the energy. The PR man is getting his excuses in early and people are falling for it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:26 - Aug 2 with 2305 viewsfactual_blue

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:25 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Most people loved it to be fair.

The shot of Phil weeping with joy at the end will stay with me forever.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:28 - Aug 2 with 2291 viewsSpruceMoose

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:26 - Aug 2 by factual_blue

The shot of Phil weeping with joy at the end will stay with me forever.

It was like Bobby Charlton raising the World Cup, but with less hair involved.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:30 - Aug 2 with 2270 viewsfactual_blue

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:28 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

It was like Bobby Charlton raising the World Cup, but with less hair involved.

And Gav skipping around like Nobby Stiles was wonderful.

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:31 - Aug 2 with 2262 viewsSpruceMoose

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:30 - Aug 2 by factual_blue

And Gav skipping around like Nobby Stiles was wonderful.

Until his trousers fell down and little Nobby came out.

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:34 - Aug 2 with 2250 viewsfactual_blue

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:31 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Until his trousers fell down and little Nobby came out.

Are you saying this is Gav's favourite Dutch politician?

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:35 - Aug 2 with 2237 viewsSpruceMoose

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:34 - Aug 2 by factual_blue

Are you saying this is Gav's favourite Dutch politician?

Thought it was this guy

Login to get fewer ads

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:36 - Aug 2 with 2238 viewschristiand

Why to make us all feel better about the new season? It's what PL says to the players on the training ground and behind that dressing room door that's the most important message. I felt that had to be said today, too many times we've had false promises from our owner. Good for PL in having the b*llocks to say it finally, instead of pretending everything is hunky-dory at PR. The ball is firmly in your court now ME!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:40 - Aug 2 with 2214 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It was straight out of the David Moyes text book of eve of season press conferences.

Fair enough, make a point. But we need a positive camp going in to the season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:42 - Aug 2 with 2194 viewsSpruceMoose

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:40 - Aug 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was straight out of the David Moyes text book of eve of season press conferences.

Fair enough, make a point. But we need a positive camp going in to the season.

It does feel a little bit like he's the bloke who sold Springfield the monorail at this point.

Getting his excuses in early, then will be nowhere to be seen if everything catches fire.

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:45 - Aug 2 with 2175 viewschristiand

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:42 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

It does feel a little bit like he's the bloke who sold Springfield the monorail at this point.

Getting his excuses in early, then will be nowhere to be seen if everything catches fire.

How many times are we going to keep blaming the manager for the club's failings when the real problem is above him? Nothing is going to change unless ME changes his approach or sells the club.

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:47 - Aug 2 with 2160 viewsSpruceMoose

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:45 - Aug 2 by christiand

How many times are we going to keep blaming the manager for the club's failings when the real problem is above him? Nothing is going to change unless ME changes his approach or sells the club.

I don't disagree. But to release a gigantic wet fart on the eve of the opening day of the season, just to cover your own backside, is poor form. I can be irritated by Evans and Lambert at the same time. It's not an either/or situation.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 18:47]

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:50 - Aug 2 with 2140 viewschristiand

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:47 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

I don't disagree. But to release a gigantic wet fart on the eve of the opening day of the season, just to cover your own backside, is poor form. I can be irritated by Evans and Lambert at the same time. It's not an either/or situation.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 18:47]

There's never a perfect time, but ME has had an easy ride for too long at our club. Good on PL, if he gets us up this year it'll be down to the hard work of the players, the manager and his coaching staff not our wet lettuce of an owner.

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:51 - Aug 2 with 2133 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:45 - Aug 2 by christiand

I don't think a manager is beyond reproach.

PS. Have you not noticed that most posts on this forum are aimed at slagging off Evans?!?!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:52 - Aug 2 with 2113 viewschristiand

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:51 - Aug 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

PS. Have you not noticed that most posts on this forum are aimed at slagging off Evans?!?!

Quite rightly too, but the problem is it's on this forum.

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:52 - Aug 2 with 2105 viewsSpruceMoose

Hated Lamberts presser on 18:51 - Aug 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Exactly. People act like it's a controversial thing to slag Evans off. Most folk accept that he's not funding the club for success, he's funding it for existence.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 18:52]

Hated Lamberts presser on 19:00 - Aug 2 with 2046 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Agree.

Also thought the way that he answered the question of whether or not it is a failure if we don't get promoted was pathetic.

I really don't want to hear that "it is not a divine right", for a man that harps on about how big the club is and how brilliant the fanbase is. He should understand that our club has no place in league one and it is a disaster if we do not get promoted first time of asking.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Hated Lamberts presser on 19:56 - Aug 2 with 1874 viewsstrikalite

Hated Lamberts presser on 19:00 - Aug 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Agree.

Also thought the way that he answered the question of whether or not it is a failure if we don't get promoted was pathetic.

I really don't want to hear that "it is not a divine right", for a man that harps on about how big the club is and how brilliant the fanbase is. He should understand that our club has no place in league one and it is a disaster if we do not get promoted first time of asking.

Can't disagree, funny how things stick in your mind, I remember a question put to Burley once ahead on the Scum derby saying "Norwich have some really good and dangerous players George don't they".....Burley paused and in his strong Scottish accent just said "yeah, and so av we"........never did you see Burley downbeat..

He was better later during Presser today though Lambert..
Hated Lamberts presser on 17:26 - Sep 27 with 1319 viewsActionMan

He was absolutely right to say what he did then given what's happened since.
Hated Lamberts presser on 17:32 - Sep 27 with 1277 viewsTractorCam

Hated Lamberts presser on 17:26 - Sep 27 by ActionMan

He was absolutely right to say what he did then given what's happened since.

You don't honestly believe that presser is the reason we are top?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024