Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! 16:14 - Aug 2 with 1222 viewskizaitfc

We haven't had a manage who truly cares about this club since Magilton.

The things he said today have been blatantly obvious for the past 5 years (at least) Mick was happy to take his pay cheque and just about manage. It's about time someone stood up to ME, ME surely knows if he sacked PL he would have a revolt from the fans so to my mind he needs to dip into his pocket in this final week.

This outburst could be exactly what is needed.

And if not it just shows how much the fans will be needed this season to show support to PL and the players, COYB!

Let's fill PR next Saturday!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:16 - Aug 2 with 987 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert a) isn't saying anything Mick didn't say several times, b) has taken a paycheque and not even managed - we still finished bottom, behind 7-player Bolton and c) is now attempting to curry favour with supporters lest it all go pear-shaped imminently.

Lovely pressers and smashing dinners for club legends though.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 18:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:16 - Aug 2 with 977 viewsJ2BLUE

MM was passionate about the club. It's rewriting history to suggest he wasn't.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:17 - Aug 2 with 977 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:16 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

He DID say a bad word though. A bad word at a FOOTBALL MATCH. A football match between two local rivals.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:18 - Aug 2 with 964 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick cared about the club. Let's not rewrite history.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:24 - Aug 2 with 924 viewsChurchman

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:18 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Mick cared about the club. Let's not rewrite history.

I am sure McCarthy cared about himself first, people he appointed second, club employees third. But given his outbursts towards the (paying) supporters along with the (paying) numpties, I don’t think he cared in the least about the club. It was a job, just like Sunderland, Millwall, Wolves and the club’s he played for.
Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:26 - Aug 2 with 919 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:24 - Aug 2 by Churchman

I am sure McCarthy cared about himself first, people he appointed second, club employees third. But given his outbursts towards the (paying) supporters along with the (paying) numpties, I don’t think he cared in the least about the club. It was a job, just like Sunderland, Millwall, Wolves and the club’s he played for.

Show us on the doll where the nasty man said a bad word.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:35]

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:27 - Aug 2 with 910 viewsSpruceMoose

The fact he said some things that upset you has no relevance to whether he cared about the club or not. You haven't provided any evidence that suggests he didn't care. The people who work for the club are part of the club btw, not sure why you're being dismissive of them.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:28 - Aug 2 with 900 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:26 - Aug 2 by BlueBadger

Show us on the doll where the nasty man said a bad word.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:35]

Arf. On the thin skin and tiny winkle I reckon.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:29 - Aug 2 with 903 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"We haven't had a manage[r] who truly cares about this club since Magilton".

Yeah, and look what Evans did to him.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:34 - Aug 2 with 873 viewsJ2BLUE

That is complete boll0cks.

Truly impaired.

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:36 - Aug 2 with 861 viewsGirthyguy

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:16 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

Mick only cared about himself and his ego tbh.
Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:38 - Aug 2 with 844 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:36 - Aug 2 by Girthyguy

Ridiculous. The bad man upset some thin skinned chumps, that's all. No relevance to whether he cared about the club or not.

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:38 - Aug 2 with 839 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:36 - Aug 2 by Girthyguy

Whatever you need to believe.

Truly impaired.

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:42 - Aug 2 with 815 viewsGirthyguy

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:38 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Ridiculous. The bad man upset some thin skinned chumps, that's all. No relevance to whether he cared about the club or not.

Yes but he couldn't let it go just like them. Made Town fans who actually had respect for him lose a fair bit of that.
Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:47 - Aug 2 with 781 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:42 - Aug 2 by Girthyguy

Yes but he couldn't let it go just like them. Made Town fans who actually had respect for him lose a fair bit of that.

Why would he respect grown adults who embarrass themselves and the club by chanting that the manager is a child abuser?

It was the fans who humiliated the club, not Mick.

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:50 - Aug 2 with 769 viewsGirthyguy

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:47 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Why would he respect grown adults who embarrass themselves and the club by chanting that the manager is a child abuser?

It was the fans who humiliated the club, not Mick.

I'm not talking about team numbskull. More the ones who appreciated what he done but knew change was needed.
Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:56 - Aug 2 with 751 viewsChurchman

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:27 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

The fact he said some things that upset you has no relevance to whether he cared about the club or not. You haven't provided any evidence that suggests he didn't care. The people who work for the club are part of the club btw, not sure why you're being dismissive of them.

Ok, I just don’t think he cared about the club in the way Burley did or even in the way that Lambert appears to. I don’t think he had a ‘feel’ for the club in a way that some previous managers have had. It is the feeling I get from his post match interviews, remarks when and after he left and his ‘celebration’ with the supporters at Norwich the season before last.
Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 17:21 - Aug 2 with 699 viewsjudespiveyg

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 16:27 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

I think McCarthy had moderate respect for the players and staff, yes. But at the end of the day, do I think he really cared for the club? No.
My reasoning for this is that my Dad had a chat with Roger Osborne (who knows another of my relatives) around early 2017, about the club. Osborne didn't much like McCarthy due to McCarthy seemingly disliking former, legendary players being invited to the ground or training ground by the club, attempting to avoid or ignore them, which to me shows disrespect to those who made the football club what it is and therefore didn't care for the club any more than he did Sunderland or Wolves.
Respect to those he worked with? Yes absolutely. But to say he genuinely cared for the club and everything about it like Magilton and seemingly Lambert I would say isn't true, further supported by his disdain for the fans.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 17:31 - Aug 2 with 666 viewsHerbivore

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 17:21 - Aug 2 by judespiveyg

I think McCarthy had moderate respect for the players and staff, yes. But at the end of the day, do I think he really cared for the club? No.
My reasoning for this is that my Dad had a chat with Roger Osborne (who knows another of my relatives) around early 2017, about the club. Osborne didn't much like McCarthy due to McCarthy seemingly disliking former, legendary players being invited to the ground or training ground by the club, attempting to avoid or ignore them, which to me shows disrespect to those who made the football club what it is and therefore didn't care for the club any more than he did Sunderland or Wolves.
Respect to those he worked with? Yes absolutely. But to say he genuinely cared for the club and everything about it like Magilton and seemingly Lambert I would say isn't true, further supported by his disdain for the fans.

You think Lambert cares more? On what basis? He's said lord knows how many times that he doesn't really care if ME sacks him. It's just a job to him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 17:33 - Aug 2 with 659 viewsSpruceMoose

I find your reasoning a bit wonky to be honest.

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 17:34 - Aug 2 with 654 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 17:31 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

You think Lambert cares more? On what basis? He's said lord knows how many times that he doesn't really care if ME sacks him. It's just a job to him.

Mick still has a holiday home in so many Town fans heads. People go out of their way to cuddle up to Lambert, just because he isn't Mick.

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 17:35 - Aug 2 with 651 viewsjudespiveyg

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 17:33 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Okay

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 18:05 - Aug 2 with 576 viewsBlueBadger

Or you know, he was more interested in his actual job rather than being a PR man. Off-pitch, Lambert's played a blinder. On pitch, even considering the hand he was dealt, at best the jury is still well and truly out.

Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 18:07 - Aug 2 with 570 viewsChurchman

Wonky reasoning? I don’t agree tbh.

I would add that maybe to Lambert it is just a job, but he at least tries to express himself without the insufferable (for me) arrogance of ‘you are lucky to have me’ McCarthy.
Lambert = Honest and passionate about the club! on 18:08 - Aug 2 with 566 viewsBlueBadger

'Mick was more interested in managing his team than nice dinners with old players' is not the most solid logic I've ever heard.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024