Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EVANS HAS TO GO 16:00 - Aug 2 with 3157 viewseddiespearitt03

Built a club that can survive League One football.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 11:01]
EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:02 - Aug 2 with 1804 viewsTractorCam

Let's wait and see how we start the season before we start thinking about protesting....

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:03 - Aug 2 with 1787 viewsSpruceMoose

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:02 - Aug 2 by TractorCam

Let's wait and see how we start the season before we start thinking about protesting....

Well, that's a different matter. We could be top o the league and still be disgruntled about how the club is funded and cared for.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:03 - Aug 2 with 1788 viewsDarth_Koont

The difficulty is what are people actually protesting? That he should take his losses over 100 million? That he should sell to whoever wants us that may be a lot worse?

I think a period of realizing we're all in it together and no individual has taken us here. This is the result of two decades being on the wrong side of modern football.

Pronouns: He/Him

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:04 - Aug 2 with 1769 viewsSpruceMoose

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:03 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

The difficulty is what are people actually protesting? That he should take his losses over 100 million? That he should sell to whoever wants us that may be a lot worse?

I think a period of realizing we're all in it together and no individual has taken us here. This is the result of two decades being on the wrong side of modern football.

Basically I think they want the turnstiles to be painted and for Evans to not care about his financial future and spunk a load of money on players (like he did when RK was boss).

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:05 - Aug 2 with 1766 viewschicoazul

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:02 - Aug 2 by TractorCam

Being top in a month wouldnt change the fact Evans is a terrible owner.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:05 - Aug 2 with 1763 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but what does Evans get out of owning us, when all he does is lose money and runs the place on a shoe string anyway?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:06 - Aug 2 with 1756 viewsTractorCam

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:03 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Well, that's a different matter. We could be top o the league and still be disgruntled about how the club is funded and cared for.

Well I don't want to be singing 'Evans out' at 3pm tomorrow when we could be supporting the side ahead of this big season, that's my point.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:06 - Aug 2 with 1749 viewsSpruceMoose

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:05 - Aug 2 by Kieran_Knows

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but what does Evans get out of owning us, when all he does is lose money and runs the place on a shoe string anyway?

**Insert something ridiculous and incorrect about tax breaks here**

Login to get fewer ads

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:07 - Aug 2 with 1736 viewsElderGrizzly

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:06 - Aug 2 by TractorCam

Well I don't want to be singing 'Evans out' at 3pm tomorrow when we could be supporting the side ahead of this big season, that's my point.

Well don’t then. Support the team and save that for after the final whistle
EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:08 - Aug 2 with 1731 viewsitfcjoe

This was the issue for me under Mick - everyone is doing their best but it's not good enough

Evans - funds us an amount which is eyewatering to a normal person but not enough to get us anywhere

Mick - Performed ahead of budget, signed well, but the football was a tough watch to achieve it

Players - Limited but good pros and honest players

Fans - Generally pretty loyal, decent away followings considering what we've had to endure

Nothing was bad enough to really protest, but we weren't going to go anywhere.

We took the easy option by getting rid of Mick and hoping it would prove the catalyst, it didn't. We as a fanbase may have realised now it is the owner who needs to change next to see if it is a catalyst but is a much harder change.

It would almost be easier if he was a worse owner!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:11 - Aug 2 with 1705 viewsDarth_Koont

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:05 - Aug 2 by Kieran_Knows

I'm sure he asks himself the same thing.

But I know he won't get much out of throwing away even more money or selling up and writing off the bulk of his losses. At present he's managing his losses against the prospect that a good season might actually start everything moving in the right direction for once. That's only really happened under Mick and it took us from rock-bottom to nearly going up.

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:12 - Aug 2 with 1702 viewsPendejo

Got a spare £100m have you?

I hereby promise that if I win over £100m on Euromillions I'll be trying to make contact with ME with a view to buying the club... however, with the change left over there will not be enough to run the club and we'd end up as a Sunday League side building up an intense rivalry with The Belstead Arms.

Unless there's a rich Arab type with a dream of creating footballing glory in Suffolk then we're in the hands of managers, coaches, scouts etc.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:13 - Aug 2 with 1690 viewsfooters

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:05 - Aug 2 by chicoazul

Being top in a month wouldnt change the fact Evans is a terrible owner.

Wait till you hear the six-point plan.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:13 - Aug 2 with 1691 viewsKieran_Knows

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:11 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

I'm sure he asks himself the same thing.

But I know he won't get much out of throwing away even more money or selling up and writing off the bulk of his losses. At present he's managing his losses against the prospect that a good season might actually start everything moving in the right direction for once. That's only really happened under Mick and it took us from rock-bottom to nearly going up.

True, and very good point made. Just don't feel like we're going to get anywhere by praying for a miracle each season.

Now, if he tarted the ground up and started putting a proper footballing structure in place, he may get a bit more leeway, but what he is doing now is just absurd.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:13 - Aug 2 with 1691 viewsNaylorsboots

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:04 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Basically I think they want the turnstiles to be painted and for Evans to not care about his financial future and spunk a load of money on players (like he did when RK was boss).

I think we want a football team to be proud of again. And that won't happened with Evans in charge.
EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:13 - Aug 2 with 1692 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:14 - Aug 2 with 1679 viewsNaylorsboots

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:13 - Aug 2 by BryanPlug

He has basically already stopped funding us!
EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:15 - Aug 2 with 1665 viewsSpruceMoose

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:13 - Aug 2 by Naylorsboots

I think we want a football team to be proud of again. And that won't happened with Evans in charge.

Well that's rather vague. What practical things are you wanting?

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:16 - Aug 2 with 1665 viewsDarth_Koont

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:08 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

This was the issue for me under Mick - everyone is doing their best but it's not good enough

Evans - funds us an amount which is eyewatering to a normal person but not enough to get us anywhere

Mick - Performed ahead of budget, signed well, but the football was a tough watch to achieve it

Players - Limited but good pros and honest players

Fans - Generally pretty loyal, decent away followings considering what we've had to endure

Nothing was bad enough to really protest, but we weren't going to go anywhere.

We took the easy option by getting rid of Mick and hoping it would prove the catalyst, it didn't. We as a fanbase may have realised now it is the owner who needs to change next to see if it is a catalyst but is a much harder change.

It would almost be easier if he was a worse owner!

Sure. But our spending phases have been even worse for the club than our non-spending phases.

It's very difficult to actually see the right approach beyond giving the right manager time. And maybe then some money.

Which is probably where he went wrong with Mick. Never mind January 2015, we actually tightened our belts the next season when we probably needed to reinforce and defend our challenger position.

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:17 - Aug 2 with 1653 viewsBlueBadger

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:13 - Aug 2 by BryanPlug

Hasn't he already done the first?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:18 - Aug 2 with 1649 viewsfooters

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:17 - Aug 2 by BlueBadger

Hasn't he already done the first?

Let me do some maths... If we all put £3,000 in to the pot...

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:22 - Aug 2 with 1619 viewsNaylorsboots

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:15 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Well that's rather vague. What practical things are you wanting?

And you are?
EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:23 - Aug 2 with 1611 viewsfooters

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:22 - Aug 2 by Naylorsboots

And you are?

Asking a sensible question about concrete aims rather than woolly platitudes.

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:23 - Aug 2 with 1603 viewsSpruceMoose

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:22 - Aug 2 by Naylorsboots

And you are?

Hoping you could answer a politely asked question...

EVANS HAS TO GO on 16:26 - Aug 2 with 1586 viewslazyblue

Bloody hell ! Give it a few weeks before you start acting up and disrupting what ever chance we may have this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024