Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have you lost your optimism for the new season? 12:03 - Aug 2 with 1337 viewsBlueBlood90

After seeing Lambert's interview the day before the season kicks off, I personally feel massively deflated and a bit like 'here we go again'.

All summer I've been optimistic about this year and the challenge of a new league with new teams to play against, but clearly things aren't hunky dory behind the scenes.

Evans has proven yet again that he just wants out of the club and all he is prepared to do is keep the club afloat until a buyer eventually stumbles in.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:04 - Aug 2 with 1204 viewsKieran_Knows

I didn't have any anyway, to be honest.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:07 - Aug 2 with 1164 viewsBlueySwede

Maybe, a little bit.
Excited about the new season in some aspects, I think a few of our young ones can surprise, we will see more wins, goals etc.
Still, I want us to go up and if Lambert says we are not good enough to do it it that is a worry.
Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:17 - Aug 2 with 1135 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Have to agree.

Although I hope Lambert bucks his ideas up and gets more positive and energised in front of his team!

Hopefully that presser was for the benefit of Evans.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:23 - Aug 2 with 1115 viewsDeano69

Trying to be positive - PL seemed quite chirpy when answering questions about the up coming game, getting the season started, happy with a number of players progress.

However, there's no denying his apparent apathy towards all things finance, transfer and 'investment' related...

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:24 - Aug 2 with 1108 viewsReuser_is_God

No.

Still #100Points100Goals & #EvansOut

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Didn't have any. (n/t) on 12:25 - Aug 2 with 1105 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:25 - Aug 2 with 1100 viewsTheSelkirk

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:17 - Aug 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Have to agree.

Although I hope Lambert bucks his ideas up and gets more positive and energised in front of his team!

Hopefully that presser was for the benefit of Evans.

Thing is, I don't think that someone like Evans will ever be swayed or intimidated by any manager - or anyone else for that matter.

As such, I can only see things remaining as they are, or perhaps worsening, with the most likely outcome being Lambert jumping ship.
Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:31 - Aug 2 with 1070 viewsjudespiveyg

I think a win tomorrow would do everyone some good. There just seems to be an uncertainty and frustration going into this season from both the fans and the manager. It doesn't seem great today, but if we have three points by six o'clock tomorrow Lambert will be back to his regular self and I think some tension will leave the fans.

Big if though.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Login to get fewer ads

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:34 - Aug 2 with 1063 viewsGavTWTD

I did have some optimism but I always do. Norwood could be the difference, and Huws might have a decent season.

I feel that press conference was a direct message to Evans to back him before the transfer window closes. PL will have got all the fans on his side and was pretty tactical, I feel.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:34 - Aug 2 with 1059 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:25 - Aug 2 by TheSelkirk

Thing is, I don't think that someone like Evans will ever be swayed or intimidated by any manager - or anyone else for that matter.

As such, I can only see things remaining as they are, or perhaps worsening, with the most likely outcome being Lambert jumping ship.

youre probably right.

I think if we just had a new first team CB, Lambert would be happy.

I could see Chambo being manager before the season is out.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:35 - Aug 2 with 1051 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:34 - Aug 2 by GavTWTD

I did have some optimism but I always do. Norwood could be the difference, and Huws might have a decent season.

I feel that press conference was a direct message to Evans to back him before the transfer window closes. PL will have got all the fans on his side and was pretty tactical, I feel.

Agree 100%.

Still think we have a strong team, but need 1 or 2 more in the door.

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:38 - Aug 2 with 1031 viewsbraveblue

Hopefully now all those who defend Evans will accept that he is slowly killing the club. Well said PL. At last someone speaks the truth.
Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:39 - Aug 2 with 1025 viewshaynes_toe1

I'd be more confident with someone other than Lambert in charge who's not exactly been successful with us and for me didnt show enough last season. If anything today's press conference makes it more likely Lambert leaves sooner and we get someone else in.

For all Evan's faults this squad should be in top 2 with any vaguely competent manager. Certainly top 4.
Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:40 - Aug 2 with 1014 viewsBiGDonnie

I’m still pumped for tomorrow. I make us favourites and can’t wait for Norwood to open his ITFC account.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Exactly on 12:40 - Aug 2 with 1009 viewsDyland

Nothing has changed, and not sure why some fans are being such drama kinks. He's having an understandable whinge, the same as most managers do actually. If everyone just gets behind Lambert and the team. whoever is put out there, we'll do okay.

Fans/Lambert/players united. Fook Evans. He's not going to change. But we have enough about us to beat teams this season regardless.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:44 - Aug 2 with 986 viewsDarth_Koont

Still feels the same for me. Even before today, I had no idea how we'll respond to League One. Could be great, could be a new level of disappointment or could just be a frustrating season in midtable.

So I really haven't been letting my hopes and fears get in the way. I'm just looking forward to the games and getting some real answers.

Pronouns: He/Him

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:47 - Aug 2 with 956 viewsBloomBlue

No we still have fantastic players for this league that hasn't changed.

Lambert is frustrated because of the injuries and a couple more could make it very difficult. But he's the manager he needs to show his manager skills and get the players he has working as a team. Charlton got promoted last season by spending nothing and using lots of youths. SBR wouldn't moan he would see it as challenge he could win.

League WINNERS!
Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:51 - Aug 2 with 925 viewsDarth_Koont

Or tactical, with Evans's knowledge, to try and change perceptions in the market of our budget.

Must have been a temptation for sellers to see us as a big fish with a big budget in a small pond. And that'll be much, much worse with the sizable sell-on fees that are coming in. It'll look like we're cash rich. Maybe that's already been a factor in the deals we haven't tied up, which suggest that we did have money available.

After today we look like a club needing cash more than a club needing to spend it.

I accept that this is a wild theory that probably gives us way much credit.

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:56 - Aug 2 with 894 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:44 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Still feels the same for me. Even before today, I had no idea how we'll respond to League One. Could be great, could be a new level of disappointment or could just be a frustrating season in midtable.

So I really haven't been letting my hopes and fears get in the way. I'm just looking forward to the games and getting some real answers.

Indeed. I have tempered my expectations & optimism somewhat all summer. It’s going to be a tough season & our team will be viewed by many opponents as a big scalp to take. Having said that, I think the talent is at the club to get top 6.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:59 - Aug 2 with 876 viewsKropotkin123

It is a wake-up call to Evans. Lambert saying it how a lot of the fans see it from the outside. If he ends up walking, I imagine it will turn toxic against Evans.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 13:00 - Aug 2 with 868 viewsDarth_Koont

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 12:56 - Aug 2 by StochesStotasBlewe

Indeed. I have tempered my expectations & optimism somewhat all summer. It’s going to be a tough season & our team will be viewed by many opponents as a big scalp to take. Having said that, I think the talent is at the club to get top 6.

Agreed. I think top 6 looks a legitimate target.

And probably 6th place is a reasonable expectation too ... anything less than that would be a failure of sorts.

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 13:10 - Aug 2 with 841 viewsActionMan

I think it was more telling about what Evans is willing to spend when we had a chance of staying up in November and we signed mostly dross again - Lambert hardly backed at all since arriving and thats not changed. I think the owner has resigned himself to where we are now and isn't going to change policy.
Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 13:14 - Aug 2 with 838 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

That’s the same Evans who just blocked moves for Judge and Dozzell?

There is another side to all the guff from Lambert this morning, pity the Club don’t put up O’Neil or Marcus to put their side of things but I get that it’s not good business to conduct these discussions in public.

I get Lamberts frustration but balance and perspective are needed, I think we have a very good squad (when fully fit) even with no more additions.
Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 13:18 - Aug 2 with 815 viewsActionMan

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 13:14 - Aug 2 by blueblueburleymcgrew

That’s the same Evans who just blocked moves for Judge and Dozzell?

There is another side to all the guff from Lambert this morning, pity the Club don’t put up O’Neil or Marcus to put their side of things but I get that it’s not good business to conduct these discussions in public.

I get Lamberts frustration but balance and perspective are needed, I think we have a very good squad (when fully fit) even with no more additions.

Blocked? How did he block them? Clubs came in and lowballed him and he declined. If they made bigger offers he would have sold them, he may still do later this season too. The players were for sale, just the bids were not accepted. That's not the same as being blocked or us refusing to sell. Everyone here is for sale at the right price and thats not just an Evans thing it's just where we are as a club.
Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 13:54 - Aug 2 with 754 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Have you lost your optimism for the new season? on 13:18 - Aug 2 by ActionMan

Blocked? How did he block them? Clubs came in and lowballed him and he declined. If they made bigger offers he would have sold them, he may still do later this season too. The players were for sale, just the bids were not accepted. That's not the same as being blocked or us refusing to sell. Everyone here is for sale at the right price and thats not just an Evans thing it's just where we are as a club.

He priced them out of the market. Yes may be for now but even Evans wasn’t reckless enough to allow them both to walk days before the season begins.

I would like to hear the Club’s response to Lamberts presser but alas we won’t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024