Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism 09:34 - Jul 31 with 8658 viewschicoazul

They are now talking about putting police in schools because they are such violent dangerous places.
Slow hand clap for the ruling classes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49162515

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 09:45 - Jul 31 with 3737 viewsBrianTablet

Surely in a democracy, we all rule equally.
Ergo, it's your fault.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 09:47 - Jul 31 with 3708 viewsHerbivore

40 years of Marxism? What planet are you on?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:13 - Jul 31 with 3694 viewsBlueBadger

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 09:47 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

40 years of Marxism? What planet are you on?

I've long since come to the conclusion that Chico forms his opinions like a slightly dim spaniel chasing a squirrel.

He scares one up out of the bushes, chases it up a tree and barks at at uncaring of how daft it might make him look.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 10:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:19 - Jul 31 with 3674 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think you have linked the wrong article. It appears to be about English schools not Russian.

If you think police in some of the roughest English schools is a new proposal you are sadly very wrong.

Of course this country has seen a decade of Tory government or are they still blaming the (right-of -centre) Labour government of the decade before.

Perhaps we should look to 40 years of right wing/centrist governance if we are looking to apportion blame? Of course, it is all Corbyn's fault though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:25 - Jul 31 with 3663 viewsBloomBlue

Poor parenting is the disease on the 21st century. Although probably started in the 20th century when parents didn't teach their kids right versus wrong and now those kids are themselves parents.
So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:26 - Jul 31 with 3661 viewsgiant_stow

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:19 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think you have linked the wrong article. It appears to be about English schools not Russian.

If you think police in some of the roughest English schools is a new proposal you are sadly very wrong.

Of course this country has seen a decade of Tory government or are they still blaming the (right-of -centre) Labour government of the decade before.

Perhaps we should look to 40 years of right wing/centrist governance if we are looking to apportion blame? Of course, it is all Corbyn's fault though.

'Centrist' = grrr!

Blame the tories, not education, education, education +surestart former-Labour. Or if you fancy being honest, blame no-power seeking corbyn Labour for their failure of putting principles over the power to actually affect change.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 10:28]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:30 - Jul 31 with 3650 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:25 - Jul 31 by BloomBlue

Poor parenting is the disease on the 21st century. Although probably started in the 20th century when parents didn't teach their kids right versus wrong and now those kids are themselves parents.

We don't (generally) get taught how to parent. It just happens and we do our best. What we learn from our own experience and the media feeds into it. To a degree you are correct. The malaise of blaming the system for the parents' failings is certainly a big problem.

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:31 - Jul 31 with 3640 viewsBlueBadger

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:30 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

We don't (generally) get taught how to parent. It just happens and we do our best. What we learn from our own experience and the media feeds into it. To a degree you are correct. The malaise of blaming the system for the parents' failings is certainly a big problem.

Although if the system doesn't support parents then it really doesn't help.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:31 - Jul 31 with 3625 viewsHerbivore

Like most of our ills, it's the fault of the boomers.

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:33 - Jul 31 with 3628 viewschicoazul

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:19 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

lol at Blair's government being "right wing" when it was extremely left wing, unless you think egalitarianism written into law minimum wage Surestart & comprehensive education are right wing examples.

I didnt say it is "new". I do think it's a tragedy, and an avoidable one, but as long as we have a police force that do the wrong thing all the time we will continue to see more and more things like this.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:34 - Jul 31 with 3623 viewsBlueBadger

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:26 - Jul 31 by giant_stow

'Centrist' = grrr!

Blame the tories, not education, education, education +surestart former-Labour. Or if you fancy being honest, blame no-power seeking corbyn Labour for their failure of putting principles over the power to actually affect change.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 10:28]

I'm not even convinced now that the Dear Leader is particularly 'principled', given his willingness to hang around with all sorts of dodgy characters if they'll say the right things about Israel/the US/the Tories and his supine response to anything 'Brexity' which will impact massively on the people and institutions he purports to care passionately about.

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:35 - Jul 31 with 3618 viewschicoazul

"Poor parenting" is in large part a symptom not a cause, linked as it is in large part to the fact very few families can survive on one wage and therefore subcontract their childcare to the state other family members or professionals.

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:38 - Jul 31 with 3596 viewsHerbivore

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:33 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

lol at Blair's government being "right wing" when it was extremely left wing, unless you think egalitarianism written into law minimum wage Surestart & comprehensive education are right wing examples.

I didnt say it is "new". I do think it's a tragedy, and an avoidable one, but as long as we have a police force that do the wrong thing all the time we will continue to see more and more things like this.

Blair's government were centrists. Minimum wage does not do much to bring about equality, very little at all in fact given that the minimum wage isn't sufficient to sustain a basic standard of living let alone a comfortable one. You have such a skewed view of what really constitutes left wing, a genuinely left wing government would have been looking at higher end tax rates of 70% plus and being far more radical in redistributing wealth.

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 11:52 - Jul 31 with 3535 viewsjeera

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:35 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

"Poor parenting" is in large part a symptom not a cause, linked as it is in large part to the fact very few families can survive on one wage and therefore subcontract their childcare to the state other family members or professionals.

Is the reality of it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:11 - Jul 31 with 3507 viewsBloomBlue

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 10:35 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

Although it doesnt cost any money as a parent to teach a child what is right versus wrong.

What has happened is parents subcontracted all responsibilities. Many want the government to make all the decisions for them ie a nanny state and not take the responsibility. Now that's probably because of their own experiences but ultimately is poor parenting.
So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:14 - Jul 31 with 3499 viewsballycastle

It is poor parenting it really is that simple, absent fathers, feckless mothers, lack of fear in pupils to schools punishments.
So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:16 - Jul 31 with 3491 viewschicoazul

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:11 - Jul 31 by BloomBlue

Although it doesnt cost any money as a parent to teach a child what is right versus wrong.

What has happened is parents subcontracted all responsibilities. Many want the government to make all the decisions for them ie a nanny state and not take the responsibility. Now that's probably because of their own experiences but ultimately is poor parenting.

I dont think thats what "many" people want, but it definitely is what the State wants as the UK State is anti family and has been for many many years.

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:16 - Jul 31 with 3492 views26_Paz

The trouble with schools is the curriculum and teachers are all too left wing. The 'everyone is a winner' and 'we're all special' culture has ruined children.

The Paz Man

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:18 - Jul 31 with 3482 viewschicoazul

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:16 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

The trouble with schools is the curriculum and teachers are all too left wing. The 'everyone is a winner' and 'we're all special' culture has ruined children.

What's that got to do with the fact some schools are so violent now they are considering putting police permanently in them?

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:18 - Jul 31 with 3481 viewsjeera

Ha Haaaaaaaaaaa.

You get worse. Or better, depending how you look at it.

The usual experts climbing from their holes, offering the same old simplistic answers.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:18 - Jul 31 with 3481 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Got a lot of experience of the education system?

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:19 - Jul 31 with 3470 viewsHerbivore

Away with the fairies.

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:20 - Jul 31 with 3472 views26_Paz

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:18 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

What's that got to do with the fact some schools are so violent now they are considering putting police permanently in them?

Because kids now all think they are God's gift to the world and teachers can't discipline them properly

The Paz Man

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:21 - Jul 31 with 3459 views26_Paz

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:18 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

Got a lot of experience of the education system?

Yeah mate, loads

The Paz Man

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:21 - Jul 31 with 3458 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So after 40 years of neoliberalism and Marxism on 12:20 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

Because kids now all think they are God's gift to the world and teachers can't discipline them properly

Please enlighten us with how much experience of the education system you have.

"Loads" needs quantifying - e.g. "I have been an Ofsted inspector for 18 years and have served as head teacher in 5 different schools under at least 3 education authorities."

That might qualify you to know.

Reading the Daily Mail does not.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 12:23]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024