Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Move on now Town for God's sake! 19:53 - Jul 30 with 1791 viewscbower

From the little I had seen of Elliot, he looked big and strong and capable of causing some problems at L1 level if we needed an alternative to support or supplement Norwood. I certainly wasn't averse to him signing. However, if he has missed most of pre season and is not yet back in full training, it will likely be late September before he is ready to go and ip to speed. What's the point waiting that long? Might as well take the risk on a short term pay as you play deal for Will Keane if he is still available if you ask me. If a transfer fee is needed for Nuttall then that probably rules us out doesn't it? And whilst I am ranting, what the hell are we doing with Guthrie and Wilson? Either sign one or move on from those two as well!

bluescouser

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 19:55 - Jul 30 with 1760 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Seems they already have.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 19:55 - Jul 30 with 1758 viewsJ2BLUE

I like how people always assume players will sign a pay as you play deal. Especially a short term deal on what will be a massive pay cut.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 19:57 - Jul 30 with 1749 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 19:55 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

I like how people always assume players will sign a pay as you play deal. Especially a short term deal on what will be a massive pay cut.

I wonder if ANY players are on pay as you play deals?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 19:59 - Jul 30 with 1719 viewsHerbivore

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 19:57 - Jul 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not at this level or above I wouldn't have thought. Some will have a low wage and high appearance fees but there won't be any receiving no regular income at all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:03 - Jul 30 with 1679 viewswkj

You need to get on your detective game, been a while since you broke some good news :(

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:15 - Jul 30 with 1618 viewscbower

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:03 - Jul 30 by wkj

You need to get on your detective game, been a while since you broke some good news :(

There is none I'm afraid!

bluescouser

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:16 - Jul 30 with 1604 viewswkj

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:15 - Jul 30 by cbower

There is none I'm afraid!

I saw Mbappe in the washing up liquid aisle at Makro if that helps.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:17 - Jul 30 with 1586 viewsJ2BLUE

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 19:57 - Jul 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree. For something that is mentioned on here every window, I don't know one player who is on such a deal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:19 - Jul 30 with 1578 viewscbower

If he has no contract elsewhere, how can it be a massive pay cut? He is effectively unemployed isn't he? Short-term deal to prove his fitness. Minimal retainer wage with appearance fee pay as you play top ups with agreement in place for longer term contract based on appearences by Xmas?

bluescouser

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:24 - Jul 30 with 1550 viewsStNeotsBlue

Your last couple of sentences are the most pertinent for me, neither player is top end League 1 let alone a higher level.
Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:24 - Jul 30 with 1549 viewsITFCBlues

How long do you recon Keane will take to get up to speed?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:41 - Jul 30 with 1497 viewscbower

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:24 - Jul 30 by ITFCBlues

How long do you recon Keane will take to get up to speed?

If he is currently 'fit' as in injury free and has (as some video a few weeks ago suggested) been keeping himself in shape, 2-3 weeks probably.

bluescouser

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 20:52 - Jul 30 with 1463 viewsSteve_M

A fit Elliott would give us a welcome different option up front, not that he's a great player but we'll need some physicality at times. There are presumably better options than an unfit Elliott though.

I assume that Guthrie and Wilson are fall back options in case we don't sign anyone decent in central defence.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 22:21 - Jul 30 with 1288 viewsHARRY10

It's one of those things the simple minded imagine exist. A player signs to a club then only gets paid if he plays.

Doesn't get paid while he trains with the club, doesn't get paid either when he travels or attends home games and is an used player. And if he gets injured he doesn't get paid as he only gets paid if he plays !

It's had to believe that someone would be stupid enough to think this kind of arrangement even exists in football, never mind it being used.
Move on now Town for God's sake! on 02:18 - Jul 31 with 1108 viewsCoastalblue

Isn't Keane recovering from injury like Elliot? and probably likely to miss half the season anyway?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 07:20 - Jul 31 with 986 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Move on now Town for God's sake! on 22:21 - Jul 30 by HARRY10

It's one of those things the simple minded imagine exist. A player signs to a club then only gets paid if he plays.

Doesn't get paid while he trains with the club, doesn't get paid either when he travels or attends home games and is an used player. And if he gets injured he doesn't get paid as he only gets paid if he plays !

It's had to believe that someone would be stupid enough to think this kind of arrangement even exists in football, never mind it being used.

They did exist, but mainly in the 80s and mainly in the non-league.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024