Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long til the next financial crash..... 16:22 - Jul 29 with 2936 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/29/business/deutsche-bank-ecb-negative-rates/ind

......I can smell something in the air again!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

How long til the next financial crash..... on 19:47 - Jul 29 with 2130 viewsPendejo

When we stop contributing to EU.

The financial services industry in Europe and much of the stock market are the business equivalent of the Emporers new clothes

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

How long til the next financial crash..... on 19:55 - Jul 29 with 2115 viewsBloomBlue

Deutsche Bank has been in trouble for years because of the incompetent manangrment aided by an incompetent German Government. Good chance they will fold but the question is does the German government have enough money to bail them out if they dont the Germsn economy is going to the pan.
How long til the next financial crash..... on 19:59 - Jul 29 with 2103 viewsGeoffSentence

How long til the next financial crash..... on 19:55 - Jul 29 by BloomBlue

Deutsche Bank has been in trouble for years because of the incompetent manangrment aided by an incompetent German Government. Good chance they will fold but the question is does the German government have enough money to bail them out if they dont the Germsn economy is going to the pan.

They will go begging to Greece.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

How long til the next financial crash..... on 20:02 - Jul 29 with 2098 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How long til the next financial crash..... on 19:47 - Jul 29 by Pendejo

When we stop contributing to EU.

The financial services industry in Europe and much of the stock market are the business equivalent of the Emporers new clothes

Leaving the EU is likely to precipitate a massive hit to this country - even most leave supporters accept that. It is also likely to negatively impact the EU but to a lesser extent and certainly not for the false logic you present.

I think the OP was suggesting something more on a global scale. If there is a global crash coinciding with us leaving the EU we will be in massive trouble.

That is one good reason why so many "remoaners" are desperate to do everything we can to get the crazy referendum result overturned.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:41 - Jul 29 with 1989 viewsgazzer1999

How long til the next financial crash..... on 19:55 - Jul 29 by BloomBlue

I think during question time from Ipswich a few years back, a lady said that Germany had so much reserves it could pay off the debt of all the rest of the EU. No one argued or disputed it. I love the equality of the EU project.
How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:45 - Jul 29 with 1984 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:41 - Jul 29 by gazzer1999

I think during question time from Ipswich a few years back, a lady said that Germany had so much reserves it could pay off the debt of all the rest of the EU. No one argued or disputed it. I love the equality of the EU project.

Not sure the EU project was ever about a communist redistribution of wealth project.

Do Question Time normally fact check statements? It would be good if they did. I presume anything on Brexit made for a lot of corrections being aired.

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:47 - Jul 29 with 1976 viewscrunchie1978

1st November according to this board!
How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:47 - Jul 29 with 1975 viewsgazzer1999

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:45 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure the EU project was ever about a communist redistribution of wealth project.

Do Question Time normally fact check statements? It would be good if they did. I presume anything on Brexit made for a lot of corrections being aired.

Really, so why are some countries payers in and others taker outs?
Login to get fewer ads

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:51 - Jul 29 with 1959 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:47 - Jul 29 by gazzer1999

Care to share some official figures for those claims?

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:54 - Jul 29 with 1953 viewsgazzer1999

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:51 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Care to share some official figures for those claims?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9643193/EU-budget-who-pays-w
How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:58 - Jul 29 with 1943 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:54 - Jul 29 by gazzer1999

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9643193/EU-budget-who-pays-w

So actually all member states contribute to the budget.

Some countries receive spending greater than their contributions but Britain and Germany do not.

Germany are the highest actual contributors as well as net contributors.

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-one-biggest-contributors-eu-budget/

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:58 - Jul 29 with 1941 viewsJ2BLUE

Soon.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:04 - Jul 29 with 1929 viewsgazzer1999

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:58 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

So actually all member states contribute to the budget.

Some countries receive spending greater than their contributions but Britain and Germany do not.

Germany are the highest actual contributors as well as net contributors.

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-one-biggest-contributors-eu-budget/

So you already knew that at least 17 members get money with no outlay?
How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:05 - Jul 29 with 1926 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How long til the next financial crash..... on 20:02 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Leaving the EU is likely to precipitate a massive hit to this country - even most leave supporters accept that. It is also likely to negatively impact the EU but to a lesser extent and certainly not for the false logic you present.

I think the OP was suggesting something more on a global scale. If there is a global crash coinciding with us leaving the EU we will be in massive trouble.

That is one good reason why so many "remoaners" are desperate to do everything we can to get the crazy referendum result overturned.

While I hadn't seen that this thread was going to lead to EU bashing it has to be said that the ECB is leading the way re negative intetest rates...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-low-can-we-go-lflbkpwn8

"Many credit unions are capping members’ savings, for example, to limit the bill they are charged when they place this money on deposit at the banks."...pretty insane

what the wider implications of this on the wider banking system and wider economy are is what I am curious about....it does look like Europe is likely to be the epicentre of the next earthquake though.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 22:06]

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:06 - Jul 29 with 1912 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:04 - Jul 29 by gazzer1999

So you already knew that at least 17 members get money with no outlay?

Can't see that in either article.

"Each country pays a ‘membership fee’ and gets benefits"

is what it actually says.

Care to enlighten where it says 17 member states have no outlay?

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:08 - Jul 29 with 1902 viewsJ2BLUE

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:06 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

So the £350m Brexit bus was actually accurate in your eyes?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:08 - Jul 29 with 1902 viewsgazzer1999

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:05 - Jul 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

While I hadn't seen that this thread was going to lead to EU bashing it has to be said that the ECB is leading the way re negative intetest rates...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-low-can-we-go-lflbkpwn8

"Many credit unions are capping members’ savings, for example, to limit the bill they are charged when they place this money on deposit at the banks."...pretty insane

what the wider implications of this on the wider banking system and wider economy are is what I am curious about....it does look like Europe is likely to be the epicentre of the next earthquake though.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 22:06]

Not sure EU bashing, just putting a few observations into the OP which are relevant. If I had Brexit bashed would you have made that comment?
How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:11 - Jul 29 with 1887 viewsgazzer1999

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:06 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Look at the 17 countries that get more out than they put in, it was in your link.
How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:16 - Jul 29 with 1870 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:08 - Jul 29 by gazzer1999

Not sure EU bashing, just putting a few observations into the OP which are relevant. If I had Brexit bashed would you have made that comment?

Bash away Gazza these threads have a life of their own I was just confirming to the person I replied to that I hadn't seen it going that way.

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:21 - Jul 29 with 1855 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:11 - Jul 29 by gazzer1999

Look at the 17 countries that get more out than they put in, it was in your link.

Not the same though, is it?

Their governments pay in the membership fee.

Their country receive benefits that are greater than the fee.

You could argue that if you put a value on the trade deals and tariff-free trade within the bloc, that we all receive benefits greater than we pay in.

To suggest, as you did, that somehow Germany is raking in money from it does not fit with your analysis of the figures.

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:26 - Jul 29 with 1842 viewsgazzer1999

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:16 - Jul 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

Bash away Gazza these threads have a life of their own I was just confirming to the person I replied to that I hadn't seen it going that way.

No need to bash, I think Europe is going to have an extremely bad time in the coming years. My guess is that brexit will shoulder a lot of the blame. It is very worrying if we get charged to deposit money in a bank. What would happen if we all withdrew it to put in a tin under the bed the banks would all fail I guess.
How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:29 - Jul 29 with 1836 viewsgazzer1999

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:21 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not the same though, is it?

Their governments pay in the membership fee.

Their country receive benefits that are greater than the fee.

You could argue that if you put a value on the trade deals and tariff-free trade within the bloc, that we all receive benefits greater than we pay in.

To suggest, as you did, that somehow Germany is raking in money from it does not fit with your analysis of the figures.

So as someone earlier said £350 million a week was true then?
What I said was Germany have done very well by being in the EU. They needed the Euro as well as the D/Mark would be so strong their exports would be unaffordable.
How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:42 - Jul 29 with 1816 viewsSwansea_Blue

How long til the next financial crash..... on 21:47 - Jul 29 by gazzer1999

The sums involved with membership fees (which all pay) are nowhere near big enough to be about wealth distribution. What they’re aimed at is bringing up living standards & skills in the poorer areas for the benefit of all in the EU. It’s pretty much pump priming money.

The bigger economies pay more, which seems pretty reasonable to me. Not exactly an unusual concept.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:49 - Jul 29 with 1801 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:29 - Jul 29 by gazzer1999

So as someone earlier said £350 million a week was true then?
What I said was Germany have done very well by being in the EU. They needed the Euro as well as the D/Mark would be so strong their exports would be unaffordable.

No, because we actually get a rebate (different to spending within the country. Also it would depend on not investing in any of the projects that currently rely on the EU for funding and the economy taking zero hit.

Considering those in charge have promised to do the former and the latter is confirmed to be an outcome by virtually all on both sides, it is clearly a blatant lie as was pointed out at the time.

https://fullfact.org/europe/350-million-week-boris-johnson-statistics-authority-

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:49 - Jul 29 with 1800 viewsgazzer1999

How long til the next financial crash..... on 22:42 - Jul 29 by Swansea_Blue

The sums involved with membership fees (which all pay) are nowhere near big enough to be about wealth distribution. What they’re aimed at is bringing up living standards & skills in the poorer areas for the benefit of all in the EU. It’s pretty much pump priming money.

The bigger economies pay more, which seems pretty reasonable to me. Not exactly an unusual concept.

Well Poland received over £11 billion net from the EU last year as the biggest beneficiary. And we contributed net roughly the same. Looks like wealth distribution to me.
Remind me again why I want to stay.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024