Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Boris bounce 09:55 - Jul 28 with 12452 viewsGlasgowBlue

Exclusively at the expense of the Brexit party. Which suggests that if he doesn’t deliver by the 31 October then his honeymoon will be very short lived.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Boris bounce on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 6069 viewsHerbivore

I think it'll start to unravel well before then.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Boris bounce on 10:06 - Jul 28 with 6064 viewsDanTheMan

Is that going to be enough though? Still a large enough chunk of votes going to the BP for it to get hairy in some swing seats I imagine if they are splitting the vote.

Long way to go of course before any election. And with the wonderful headline this morning that No Deal is becoming increasingly likely, you may be right that doing that kills off Brexit Party support.

But it then does cause other problems. I would imagine some quite big problems.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The Boris bounce on 10:54 - Jul 28 with 5973 viewsSteve_M

I'll see if I can find the link I saw yesterday but that is remarkably similar to the polling when May took office.

Boris has yet to make a proper decision that affects anyone other than Tory MPs yet.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Boris bounce on 11:29 - Jul 28 with 5908 viewsjas0999

... another interesting poll this morning. If Labour ditch Corbyn they would gain and jump to 34%. Corbyn continues to hold Labour back.
The Boris bounce on 11:52 - Jul 28 with 5858 viewsmanchego

The Boris bounce on 11:29 - Jul 28 by jas0999

... another interesting poll this morning. If Labour ditch Corbyn they would gain and jump to 34%. Corbyn continues to hold Labour back.

Gove just said that the Govt is expecting no-deal.
The Boris bounce on 12:24 - Jul 28 with 5806 viewsElderGrizzly

There was another poll that showed Labour with a 4 point lead, but only if they ditched Corbyn.
The Boris bounce on 12:25 - Jul 28 with 5803 viewsElderGrizzly

The Boris bounce on 11:52 - Jul 28 by manchego

Gove just said that the Govt is expecting no-deal.

Hopefully this happens then

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/27/hammond-plots-with-starmer-to-k
The Boris bounce on 12:36 - Jul 28 with 5760 viewsJ2BLUE

If there was an election tomorrow I probably wouldn't vote.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

The Boris bounce on 13:46 - Jul 28 with 5677 viewsHerbivore

The Boris bounce on 12:36 - Jul 28 by J2BLUE

If there was an election tomorrow I probably wouldn't vote.

Three years too late.

The Boris bounce on 13:55 - Jul 28 with 5647 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

An interesting choice of ordering those polls...do you see yourself rejoining in the near future?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Boris bounce on 13:55 - Jul 28 with 5646 viewsTractorWood

The Boris bounce on 12:25 - Jul 28 by ElderGrizzly

Hopefully this happens then

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/27/hammond-plots-with-starmer-to-k

It's taken 3 years to achieve nothing and parliament is in recess for 5/6 (including conference season) of the next 13 weeks. If he pulls a deal out of his rear by 31/10/19, he deserves some huge credit.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The Boris bounce on 14:17 - Jul 28 with 5600 viewsActionMan

The same pollsters who predicted Remain would win easy and May would walk away with a thumping majority though. If he delivers Brexit he will win the next General Election with around the same share of the vote Cameron got in 2015.
The Boris bounce on 15:23 - Jul 28 with 5525 viewsmanchego

The Boris bounce on 14:17 - Jul 28 by ActionMan

The same pollsters who predicted Remain would win easy and May would walk away with a thumping majority though. If he delivers Brexit he will win the next General Election with around the same share of the vote Cameron got in 2015.

I'll take that bet.
The Boris bounce on 17:31 - Jul 28 with 5407 viewsbluebud

The Boris bounce on 14:17 - Jul 28 by ActionMan

I think he'll deliver Brexit by having the election early Nov....rendering Oct null and void for parliamentary intervention leading to us leaving on the legal default.
The Boris bounce on 17:37 - Jul 28 with 5389 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Boris bounce on 11:29 - Jul 28 by jas0999

Some interesting reading form that poll. Corbyn trails Boris on nearly every question asked. He's even behind Boris on trustworthiness and Boris is a proven liar.

Iron Lion Zion

The Boris bounce on 17:39 - Jul 28 with 5380 viewsHerbivore

The Boris bounce on 17:31 - Jul 28 by bluebud

I think he'll deliver Brexit by having the election early Nov....rendering Oct null and void for parliamentary intervention leading to us leaving on the legal default.

He'd need two thirds of Parliament to agree that course of action.

The Boris bounce on 17:41 - Jul 28 with 5379 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Boris bounce on 17:39 - Jul 28 by Herbivore

He'd need two thirds of Parliament to agree that course of action.

No opposition party would dare vote against a general election so it would need a majority of Tories to reject it.

Iron Lion Zion

The Boris bounce on 17:51 - Jul 28 with 5356 viewsHerbivore

The Boris bounce on 17:41 - Jul 28 by GlasgowBlue

No opposition party would dare vote against a general election so it would need a majority of Tories to reject it.

They'd have to block it if it's being used as a way to force through a no deal Brexit. There's no way they'd want to run a GE when winning it means inheriting a chaotic exit from the EU.

The Boris bounce on 18:02 - Jul 28 with 5335 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Boris bounce on 17:51 - Jul 28 by Herbivore

They'd have to block it if it's being used as a way to force through a no deal Brexit. There's no way they'd want to run a GE when winning it means inheriting a chaotic exit from the EU.

I get what you are saying but it's a "damned if they do/ damned if they don't" trap.

Iron Lion Zion

The Boris bounce on 18:05 - Jul 28 with 5319 viewsHerbivore

The Boris bounce on 18:02 - Jul 28 by GlasgowBlue

I get what you are saying but it's a "damned if they do/ damned if they don't" trap.

I see it as an opportunity to force Boris to own Brexit, I think it could be a strong power move from Labour. They have said they are against a no deal Brexit so supporting something that would lead to no deal Brexit would be electoral suicide.

The Boris bounce on 18:07 - Jul 28 with 5315 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Boris bounce on 18:05 - Jul 28 by Herbivore

I see it as an opportunity to force Boris to own Brexit, I think it could be a strong power move from Labour. They have said they are against a no deal Brexit so supporting something that would lead to no deal Brexit would be electoral suicide.

Well we won't have long to find out either way.

Iron Lion Zion

The Boris bounce on 18:13 - Jul 28 with 5303 viewsHerbivore

The Boris bounce on 18:07 - Jul 28 by GlasgowBlue

Well we won't have long to find out either way.

I'm not convinced that will be his play. I think he'll ramp up the narrative that it's the EU and remainers trying to thwart Brexit, forcing him to seek a delay from the EU so he can hold a GE to break the deadlock in parliament. He runs the risk of losing some voters to the BP because he'll have gone back on his promise to leave by the 31st of October but breaking promises hasn't harmed him too much in the past.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 18:34]

The Boris bounce on 18:33 - Jul 28 with 5267 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Boris bounce on 18:13 - Jul 28 by Herbivore

I'm not convinced that will be his play. I think he'll ramp up the narrative that it's the EU and remainers trying to thwart Brexit, forcing him to seek a delay from the EU so he can hold a GE to break the deadlock in parliament. He runs the risk of losing some voters to the BP because he'll have gone back on his promise to leave by the 31st of October but breaking promises hasn't harmed him too much in the past.

I've given up trying to guess what he will do.

Iron Lion Zion

The Boris bounce on 21:16 - Jul 28 with 5178 viewsbluebud

The Boris bounce on 18:13 - Jul 28 by Herbivore

"Under the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011, as amended, Parliament is dissolved automatically 25 working days ahead of a general election. Elections ordinarily take place five years after the previous general election, but may be held sooner if the Prime Minister loses a vote of confidence, or if two-thirds of the members of the House of Commons vote in favor of an early election"

Once this becomes obvious to all I'm afraid to say they're going to look pretty slick - we'll be out and Boris will be in the clear early Nov. No votes lost to the right.
The Boris bounce on 21:22 - Jul 28 with 5163 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Here it is....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024