Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! 22:07 - Jul 26 with 2089 viewsTerry_Nutkins

So With rumours of Judge and the Dozzell going there was a lot of Evans slating before the fact! There was some (albeit less and i know some were more frustrated by situation, but some none the less) slating when it looked like we would lose Crowe for pittence

Credit where it is due, Crowe is signed up and we have rejected approached for Judge and made it clear not wanted. Dozzell likewise has gone nowhere yet.

I get frustration of the relegation and mistake made but credit where due and likewise criticism when due, but only when.

More positive news day today so lets try and keep that positive vibe (Unlike Elvin King and his rubbish).

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:08 - Jul 26 with 2074 viewsJ2BLUE

It's a good start. I'll judge him when the window closes. We need a reasonable CB and a striker minimum.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:10 - Jul 26 with 2059 viewswkj

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:08 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

It's a good start. I'll judge him when the window closes. We need a reasonable CB and a striker minimum.

Exactly, there is a clear priority for the need to back lambert, a marquee signing, even if its a juicy loan, is desperately needed to get people on side. Except for those who hate loans of course

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:11 - Jul 26 with 2049 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well that's a welcome change of approach!!

Progress maybe from J2

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:12 - Jul 26 with 2048 viewsIllinoisblue

it's been a decade of roses and unicorns under his ownership so I can't think why some fans are slating him

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:12 - Jul 26 with 2039 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:10 - Jul 26 by wkj

Exactly, there is a clear priority for the need to back lambert, a marquee signing, even if its a juicy loan, is desperately needed to get people on side. Except for those who hate loans of course

As J2's new mantra suggests...

....judge Evans at the end of the window.

And I would say Norwood is the marquee signing of this summer.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:13 - Jul 26 with 2036 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I agree, and I salute you for trying.

....but you were never going to get much support.

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:19 - Jul 26 with 2009 viewsTerry_Nutkins

That's pretty fair.

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:21 - Jul 26 with 2001 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:12 - Jul 26 by Illinoisblue

it's been a decade of roses and unicorns under his ownership so I can't think why some fans are slating him

Did you bother reading what i wrote? No issue with criticism when due. But Negativity and slating when not due is just toxic.

Login to get fewer ads

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:22 - Jul 26 with 1996 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:19 - Jul 26 by Terry_Nutkins

That's pretty fair.

Hmmm, not so sure.

Funny how people dont 'wait until the window closes' before making negative judgements.

But they will 'wait until the window closes' before (possible, very grudgingly) making a positive comment.

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 23:03 - Jul 26 with 1912 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:22 - Jul 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hmmm, not so sure.

Funny how people dont 'wait until the window closes' before making negative judgements.

But they will 'wait until the window closes' before (possible, very grudgingly) making a positive comment.

He said good start and i think ok to wait and pass positive judgement if doing same for for criticism.

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 23:16 - Jul 26 with 1873 viewsIllinoisblue

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:21 - Jul 26 by Terry_Nutkins

Did you bother reading what i wrote? No issue with criticism when due. But Negativity and slating when not due is just toxic.

Given last year’s track record of selling all our assets we’re now supposed to have a parade for Evans allegedly wanting to hold on to a couple players?

He’s not all bad but come on, just a day after the manager is pleading for deals to be done you’re calling for positivity?!!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 23:22 - Jul 26 with 1855 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:11 - Jul 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Well that's a welcome change of approach!!

Progress maybe from J2

I've said that all along. I know i've been critical of certain aspects but that's because we can see the direction things are going. Lambert seems to agree that it's not good enough. If Lambert's comments focus Evans and he delivers then happy days.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 00:36 - Jul 27 with 1762 viewsscotdoc

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 23:22 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

I've said that all along. I know i've been critical of certain aspects but that's because we can see the direction things are going. Lambert seems to agree that it's not good enough. If Lambert's comments focus Evans and he delivers then happy days.

Let's be frank
12 years of inexorable decline .
Our once admired club a laughing stock.
3rd division and scrambling for freebies.
All we have now is hope certainly not expectation.
Regardless.
COYB
Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 00:57 - Jul 27 with 1733 viewsZacak

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:12 - Jul 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

As J2's new mantra suggests...

....judge Evans at the end of the window.

And I would say Norwood is the marquee signing of this summer.

And Judge surely, if he stays.
Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 01:07 - Jul 27 with 1728 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s good news of course (assuming we hold on to them).

But I’d also like to point out that not selling our best players is surely a bare minimum? I know he’s set a low bar but blimey. Also.. we still need a centre back and striker at the absolute minimum so he’s got a long way to go get before I’ll celebrate his decisions.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 12:21 - Jul 27 with 1459 viewsBlueBadger

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:13 - Jul 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree, and I salute you for trying.

....but you were never going to get much support.

It's almost like the owner's record at ITFC has made people somewhat cynical.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 13:37 - Jul 27 with 1417 viewsbraveblue

Sorry no. He had been a disaster for us and I doubt we will see any investment in the players Lambert wants. Couple of late sales would not surprise me. Just don’t trust him any more.
Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 13:42 - Jul 27 with 1405 viewsActionMan

We could still sell them next week.
Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 13:51 - Jul 27 with 1373 viewsPositivelyPortman

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 22:10 - Jul 26 by wkj

A “marquee” is a fricking large tent ffs. It’s “marque”.

Now everybody is using it further down too.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 13:52 - Jul 27 with 1370 viewswkj

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 13:51 - Jul 27 by PositivelyPortman

A “marquee” is a fricking large tent ffs. It’s “marque”.

Now everybody is using it further down too.

Marquee signing is very important, no fun getting lost in fanzone

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 13:57 - Jul 27 with 1350 viewsjas0999

Completely agree. Plenty of time to sell Dozzell and Judge.

PL wants three permanent additions, so expect to see those deals done - otherwise Evans will have failed to deliver.
Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 14:16 - Jul 27 with 1316 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 23:16 - Jul 26 by Illinoisblue

Given last year’s track record of selling all our assets we’re now supposed to have a parade for Evans allegedly wanting to hold on to a couple players?

He’s not all bad but come on, just a day after the manager is pleading for deals to be done you’re calling for positivity?!!

Still not read it then! Criticism of him last seasom is completely warranted. Criticism of stuff that has happened yet (and which now turns out he is fighting against) is not. Who the hell said anything about a parade/saying how amazing he is or anything even like that?! You just made that up in your head. I can't make it any clearer so if you still can't get the point move on yes.

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 14:20 - Jul 27 with 1308 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Evans slating. Mybe a cease fire due?! on 13:37 - Jul 27 by braveblue

Sorry no. He had been a disaster for us and I doubt we will see any investment in the players Lambert wants. Couple of late sales would not surprise me. Just don’t trust him any more.

For the last time this isnt a pro Marcus spin. It's about not whining and putting negative energy into stuff that hasnt even happened. He has to take the wrap for getting us into the mess, but we got relegated an by in large he is getting blasted for stuff when the reality is the opposite of what he is being blasted for.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024