Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RomfordBlue 20:51 - Jul 25 with 836 viewswkj

Hi Romford, hope you're well in this heat and enjoying the summer break from University. What is your opinion on the wycombe uni? Looking at post grad courses they offer and wanna know what the place is like, housing costs, social scene, night life... All the important stuff

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

RomfordBlue on 05:44 - Jul 26 with 732 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bucks New Uni is the official name of it. But yes effectively it’s in High Wycombe so it would be easier calling it that considering there’s already a Buckinghamshire University.

It’s alright as a place. Big shopping centre, supermarkets, etc as you’d expect for a uni town. A few, select nightlife scene. There’s a much higher standard of pub than club for sure. Butlers is quite good which is cheap on student nights and open til early in the morning. And then the usual spoons, etc pubs along the high street. Most people go to the student union for a club night because it’s enormous - think they were boasting about it being the best in the UK which is quite cool. Usually a good night in there.

Very little trouble in Wycombe at all. Although there’s one road through the town with numerous crackheads on it. Although they’re not really any bother anyway. Although one went a bit further than asking for money when she started.. errrr... offering me something for my money shall we say (i declined before someone asks).

The uni itself is very good. The library (when we need it at 4am) is very very good at five floors high. The sports facilities (important for my course) are also very good. Wycombe FC use the gym and the indoor athletics straight track for their pre-season training.

I was in halls for the first year. Which was fun. The girl in the room opposite me is undoubtedly by best friend which worked out well. I did have a bit of a thing with someone in my flat on the same floor (different side) as me but that went tits up. Getting a house in year 2 although it’s not actually in Wycombe. The houses in Wycombe for students are somewhat grim nearby. The nicer houses are either too far to walk (cars aren’t allowed on campus which is stupid) or not rented to students.

I’m glad I went though. Best decision I made but I couldn’t say whether it stands up in comparison with other universities.

I can’t really think of anything else to say other than that.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

RomfordBlue on 08:10 - Jul 26 with 667 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Great local MP!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

RomfordBlue on 08:17 - Jul 26 with 651 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

RomfordBlue on 05:44 - Jul 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Bucks New Uni is the official name of it. But yes effectively it’s in High Wycombe so it would be easier calling it that considering there’s already a Buckinghamshire University.

It’s alright as a place. Big shopping centre, supermarkets, etc as you’d expect for a uni town. A few, select nightlife scene. There’s a much higher standard of pub than club for sure. Butlers is quite good which is cheap on student nights and open til early in the morning. And then the usual spoons, etc pubs along the high street. Most people go to the student union for a club night because it’s enormous - think they were boasting about it being the best in the UK which is quite cool. Usually a good night in there.

Very little trouble in Wycombe at all. Although there’s one road through the town with numerous crackheads on it. Although they’re not really any bother anyway. Although one went a bit further than asking for money when she started.. errrr... offering me something for my money shall we say (i declined before someone asks).

The uni itself is very good. The library (when we need it at 4am) is very very good at five floors high. The sports facilities (important for my course) are also very good. Wycombe FC use the gym and the indoor athletics straight track for their pre-season training.

I was in halls for the first year. Which was fun. The girl in the room opposite me is undoubtedly by best friend which worked out well. I did have a bit of a thing with someone in my flat on the same floor (different side) as me but that went tits up. Getting a house in year 2 although it’s not actually in Wycombe. The houses in Wycombe for students are somewhat grim nearby. The nicer houses are either too far to walk (cars aren’t allowed on campus which is stupid) or not rented to students.

I’m glad I went though. Best decision I made but I couldn’t say whether it stands up in comparison with other universities.

High Wycombe died when they shut the Red Cross Knight pub.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

RomfordBlue on 08:22 - Jul 26 with 643 viewsReuser_is_God

RomfordBlue on 05:44 - Jul 26 by The_Romford_Blue

The best put down for a hooker I’ve ever heard is “if I wanted to pay someone for sex it wouldn’t be you”

Try it next time.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 8:46]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

RomfordBlue on 15:16 - Jul 26 with 538 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

RomfordBlue on 08:22 - Jul 26 by Reuser_is_God

The best put down for a hooker I’ve ever heard is “if I wanted to pay someone for sex it wouldn’t be you”

Try it next time.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 8:46]

Ha - I shall give that a whirl.

To be fair to the girl, it was late at night/early morning and I was walking through the quietest part of the town in a state (it was a few days before my grandads funeral and I was abit all over the place) and she probably saw an opportunity. I almost admire that effort - an opportunist.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024