Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else watched The Great Hack yet? 07:30 - Jul 25 with 495 viewsDanTheMan

Interesting stuff, especially the parts that relate to our own electoral practices.

What do we think the likelihood is in getting laws changed around here to deal with the modern age? Apparently there was going to be something coming at the end of the year but who knows anymore with an almost entirely new cabinet.

And of course the targeted adverts have already started:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1154153775541751810.html

The Dominic Cummings wearing an OpenAI t-shirt is almost taking the piss at this point.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone else watched The Great Hack yet? on 08:04 - Jul 25 with 453 viewsBloomBlue

You'll never stop it unless you turn off the internet. The internet is built to give instant messaging it doesn't want barriers, remember that's part of free speech.

Every invention has a positive and negative. The negative of the internet is the propaganda that can be published and then believed, as someone once said there is a fine line between free speech and propaganda.

Sad thing for me is people laughed at the generations who believed the propaganda during the wars, but I see the same thing atill happening now - and no I'm not saying were heading into a war. But if it's on the internet people believe it and we shouldn't need laws to stop it, people should know 'don't believe everything on the internet'
Anyone else watched The Great Hack yet? on 08:30 - Jul 25 with 430 viewswkj

That is on tonight's viewing, though I think anyone working in IT will be checking this out soon.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone else watched The Great Hack yet? on 08:33 - Jul 25 with 420 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone else watched The Great Hack yet? on 08:30 - Jul 25 by wkj

That is on tonight's viewing, though I think anyone working in IT will be checking this out soon.

Being in IT, you're already aware how bad it is. What was interesting to me was how it's been "weaponised".

Anyone else watched The Great Hack yet? on 08:35 - Jul 25 with 414 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone else watched The Great Hack yet? on 08:04 - Jul 25 by BloomBlue

You'll never stop it unless you turn off the internet. The internet is built to give instant messaging it doesn't want barriers, remember that's part of free speech.

Every invention has a positive and negative. The negative of the internet is the propaganda that can be published and then believed, as someone once said there is a fine line between free speech and propaganda.

Sad thing for me is people laughed at the generations who believed the propaganda during the wars, but I see the same thing atill happening now - and no I'm not saying were heading into a war. But if it's on the internet people believe it and we shouldn't need laws to stop it, people should know 'don't believe everything on the internet'

There is a lot of things we can do, whether it be better legislation on how ads are targeted by political parties, transparency, human rights to your own data.

Absolutely tonnes you can do. Shrugging your shoulders doesn't help.

Anyone else watched The Great Hack yet? on 08:38 - Jul 25 with 410 viewswkj

Anyone else watched The Great Hack yet? on 08:33 - Jul 25 by DanTheMan

Being in IT, you're already aware how bad it is. What was interesting to me was how it's been "weaponised".

Digital forensics and cybersecurity is where I am focused and when Cambridge Analytica happened my first thought wasn't, "Oh god, this is awful", it was "Goodness, it took this long to become common knowledge"

So many people still oblivious to the cost of something that has no fee, sadly telemetry is now prominent in commercial licence software too. If only tracking cookies were the be all and end all of online privacy.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024