Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cost of everything 08:14 - Jul 23 with 3156 viewshampstead_blue

Who will take Bale?
It seems, according to the BBC, he want's £parity with the highest paid in the world.

Let me think......'Because I'm worth it'........'I need the money to pay my hair and beard stylist'.

Not sure who'll take him if he doesn't take a tidy pay cut.

He's a quality player but....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Cost of everything on 08:16 - Jul 23 with 2683 viewschicoazul

I have a lot of respect for Gareth Bale who seems like a good bloke, and he is one of the best international players of the last few years & he and Ramsey have dragged Wales up pretty much, but if he goes to China that respect will be gone (which I am sure is not something that keeps him up nights).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cost of everything on 08:24 - Jul 23 with 2642 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cost of everything on 08:16 - Jul 23 by chicoazul

I have a lot of respect for Gareth Bale who seems like a good bloke, and he is one of the best international players of the last few years & he and Ramsey have dragged Wales up pretty much, but if he goes to China that respect will be gone (which I am sure is not something that keeps him up nights).

What if his only choice is either China or being frozen out at Madird?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cost of everything on 08:25 - Jul 23 with 2635 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He's not in the Messi or Ronaldo bracket, and he's not as marketable as Neymar.

Madrid have caused their own problem by paying him too much.

I think Bale is now more motivated by money than football.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cost of everything on 08:28 - Jul 23 with 2631 viewsRobTheMonk

If that China offer of 1 million per week is true I'd 100% take it. If you can make 100+ million over two years, I say go for it.
Cost of everything on 08:39 - Jul 23 with 2592 viewshomer_123

I hear what you are saying Chico but I'd suggest 99.9% of use would take that money if offered.

We dont lose respect when we move jobs to better ourselves or our loved ones.

Hes one of the most successful footballers to have played in Europe from these shores. I dont think a move to China will diminish that in any way.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 9:02]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Cost of everything on 08:51 - Jul 23 with 2550 viewsmanchego

Cost of everything on 08:39 - Jul 23 by homer_123

I hear what you are saying Chico but I'd suggest 99.9% of use would take that money if offered.

Hes one of the most successful footballers to have played in Europe from these shores. I dont think a move to China will diminish that in any way.

He's won 4 CL Cups.
He scored 3 goals in CL finals.

That's better than very nearly everyone who has played football from any country.
Cost of everything on 09:08 - Jul 23 with 2486 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It depends really.

When you earn £600k per week, as daft as it may sound, an extra £400k per week wont change your lifestyle.

I have not got an issue with him if he accepts it, but an elite sportsman would think hard about wasting a few years of his prime career.

"We dont lose respect when we move jobs to better ourselves or our loved ones."

....but hes not moving jobs to 'better' himself.

Cost of everything on 09:13 - Jul 23 with 2471 viewssuffolkpoker

Cost of everything on 08:28 - Jul 23 by RobTheMonk

If that China offer of 1 million per week is true I'd 100% take it. If you can make 100+ million over two years, I say go for it.

Im pretty sure its tax free or hugely less

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Cost of everything on 09:15 - Jul 23 with 2466 viewshampstead_blue

Cost of everything on 09:08 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

It depends really.

When you earn £600k per week, as daft as it may sound, an extra £400k per week wont change your lifestyle.

I have not got an issue with him if he accepts it, but an elite sportsman would think hard about wasting a few years of his prime career.

"We dont lose respect when we move jobs to better ourselves or our loved ones."

....but hes not moving jobs to 'better' himself.

Your point about the extra money is spot-on.
He can only spend so much....however I'm sure his Mrs can burn through a chunk.

There are two thoughts.
1) Make as much as I can so I'll never have to work
2) Fulfil my potential and play as long as I can.

The elite modern player gets wrapped-up in a world of expense and rancid consumerism. Look at the cars, watches, houses, everything. It's horrible.

I hope he plays on. He is so talented he could play at a good level well beyond after his pace has gone.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Cost of everything on 09:20 - Jul 23 with 2453 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cost of everything on 09:15 - Jul 23 by hampstead_blue

Your point about the extra money is spot-on.
He can only spend so much....however I'm sure his Mrs can burn through a chunk.

There are two thoughts.
1) Make as much as I can so I'll never have to work
2) Fulfil my potential and play as long as I can.

The elite modern player gets wrapped-up in a world of expense and rancid consumerism. Look at the cars, watches, houses, everything. It's horrible.

I hope he plays on. He is so talented he could play at a good level well beyond after his pace has gone.

To be fair, any of his career options have point 1 covered.

Fair play if he wants to choose greed, but it would be a shame to waste that talent.

Cost of everything on 09:20 - Jul 23 with 2457 viewschicoazul

Everyone knows why you go to China. An elite player like Bake shouldn't be there for another 3 or 4 years and he'd get more or less the same money by that point too. This isn't like Judge going to QPR because they are going to pay him 8k a week while we pay him 4k. I do of course take your point though but I don't agree a move to China would be an example of him bettering himself.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Cost of everything on 09:32 - Jul 23 with 2436 viewsrickw

Cost of everything on 08:24 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

What if his only choice is either China or being frozen out at Madird?

I can't see many other options than those!
Man Utd are only signing young players and have learnt their lessons in paying Sanchez too much, so won't do it again.
I can't see Man City signing him, Juventus can't afford him and Ronaldo, Bayern don't pay that much. I doubt Liverpool will break their wage structure for him given his injury record which really only leaves PSG and if they had any interest you'd assume things would be further down the line with regards with a swap deal with Neymar

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Cost of everything on 09:51 - Jul 23 with 2407 viewsMeadowlark

He's already more wealthy than any of us on here can dream about!
I get what you're saying but he doesn't need the money.

If you could play football at a top standard (ie in Europe) for a few more years you would, wouldn't you?
Cost of everything on 10:02 - Jul 23 with 2378 viewsGuthrum

What is he saving up for? Given that going to China is liable to end his top-level European/English career. The distance might also make participation in the Welsh national team more difficult.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cost of everything on 10:33 - Jul 23 with 2335 viewsOldsmoker

My angle on this is "Why is he leaving one of the top clubs in the World?"
The reports are that Zidane wants him out because they don't get on.
We had the same with Keane and Delaney.
Managers come and go a lot quicker than players so it seems short-sighted to let the manager have his way and clear out those players he has a personality clash with and then leave the club months later with a poorer squad. I'm sure there's more to it and perhaps there are some lesser-paid players who resent Bale because they are putting a shift in while he sits on the bench. Disharmony in a football club is a bad thing. I hear reports of our dressing room being united as it was under MM and is now under PL but not so much under PH.
Zidane was a top player but that headbutt showed he has a mean streak.
If I was Bale I'd get out and got to China. His height would scare the bejesus out of any defence over there.
Swapping Bale for Neymar is the wrong move for Madrid as Neymar has his own peculiar stlye of baggage too and might well be their next bench warmer with a huff who's happy to take the money and do nothing.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Cost of everything on 10:39 - Jul 23 with 2317 viewswkj

Cost of everything on 10:33 - Jul 23 by Oldsmoker

Managers come and go a lot quicker than players so it seems short-sighted to let the manager have his way and clear out those players he has a personality clash with and then leave the club months later with a poorer squad. I'm sure there's more to it and perhaps there are some lesser-paid players who resent Bale because they are putting a shift in while he sits on the bench. Disharmony in a football club is a bad thing. I hear reports of our dressing room being united as it was under MM and is now under PL but not so much under PH.
If I was Bale I'd get out and got to China. His height would scare the bejesus out of any defence over there.
Swapping Bale for Neymar is the wrong move for Madrid as Neymar has his own peculiar stlye of baggage too and might well be their next bench warmer with a huff who's happy to take the money and do nothing.

Hello Oldsmoker, you've been missed around here, how have you been? Did you enjoy the cricket?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cost of everything on 10:49 - Jul 23 with 2295 viewschicoazul

Cost of everything on 10:33 - Jul 23 by Oldsmoker

His height would scare the bejesus out of any defence over there

Cost of everything on 10:53 - Jul 23 with 2285 viewsOldsmoker

Cost of everything on 10:39 - Jul 23 by wkj

Hello Oldsmoker, you've been missed around here, how have you been? Did you enjoy the cricket?

I did enjoy the Mens world cup final - and they say cricket is boring.
However, my bad, a mate asked the same question and then said "No, the womens cricket" and I didn't know it was on.
It's all Tour de France at the mo.
It's the best tour for some years as Ineos are just not as dominant as when they were called Team Sky. When Julian Allaphillipe loses his lead - and he will - there will be about 6 contenders going into the last week.
Team Sky always had the tour sewn up by now.

Cost of everything on 11:01 - Jul 23 with 2250 viewsSE1blue

If Chinese clubs can pay one player £1m a week, why is the standard so terrible over there?

They could share that £1m across a starting XI in Suffolk each week and we’d be back to being a mid-table championship team in no time.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 11:04]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Cost of everything on 11:03 - Jul 23 with 2245 viewsKieran_Knows

If he wasn't prepared to learn Spanish to make his life a bit easier at Real Madrid, how on earth will he get on in China?!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 11:04]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cost of everything on 11:04 - Jul 23 with 2241 viewsJ2BLUE

I disagree with that. He is already beyond rich. He has more money than he will ever spend. Why go to China to get bigger numbers on a screen? I really don't understand it at all.

For me, if it's between £1m a week in China and £150k a week at one of Europe's top clubs then it's a no brainer. I'd be trying to get to Spurs, Arsenal or United (assuming City aren't interested).

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cost of everything on 11:04 - Jul 23 with 2234 viewswkj

Cost of everything on 10:53 - Jul 23 by Oldsmoker

I did enjoy the Mens world cup final - and they say cricket is boring.
However, my bad, a mate asked the same question and then said "No, the womens cricket" and I didn't know it was on.
It's all Tour de France at the mo.
It's the best tour for some years as Ineos are just not as dominant as when they were called Team Sky. When Julian Allaphillipe loses his lead - and he will - there will be about 6 contenders going into the last week.
Team Sky always had the tour sewn up by now.

I must admit I have no interest in cycling, always weaving in and out of traffic with their helmets recording your every move.

Crybaby

Cost of everything on 11:06 - Jul 23 with 2228 viewsWestover

The family love living in Madrid he has three years left on his contract if I were him I would sit tight it's his managers problem if he won't play him.
Cost of everything on 11:10 - Jul 23 with 2211 viewsOldsmoker

Cost of everything on 11:04 - Jul 23 by wkj

I must admit I have no interest in cycling, always weaving in and out of traffic with their helmets recording your every move.

The ones you describe are amateurs.
The tour is for the creme de la creme.

Cost of everything on 11:13 - Jul 23 with 2199 viewswkj

Cost of everything on 11:10 - Jul 23 by Oldsmoker

The ones you describe are amateurs.
The tour is for the creme de la creme.

I must admit I don't like any kind of racing from cars to bikes to track and field. They seem to all be a very personal sport, though I can't seem to stay interested as a spectator.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024