Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link 11:51 - Jul 20 with 2854 viewsunstableblue

... I found it shocking.

It had a lovely summary at the start, May arrived as Primer Minister, and Cameron had left no plan for Brexit (no detailed analysis), and Boris and the leave campaign left no plan and no detailed
analysis.

And almost more crucially they saw the rise of Trump like populism and fact less idiots like Farage as actually dangerous combined with the meddling of Russia. So they IMMEDIATELY set their strategy of keeping the integrity of Europe. And a single point of negotiation in Barnier.

Then May threw petrol on the fire by pandering to the Conservative party and saying a hard Brexit was preferable to compromise. This hardened the EU, and then of course we turned up to negotiations with no common purpose, no strategy, no objectives and no detail. And we also sent Davies, who is a fool.

And now we’re fecked.

And of course Boris and Farage continue to use fact less fake news, and sound bites to fire up the UK public against the EU. ‘Communism’ jibes on the EU. The Trump strategy.

And you look to the far right Brazil president - elected on the Trump wave of fact less populism, stating his own state department (the experts) are lying about the level of deforestation his policies have accelerated.

We need to get back to facts and intelligence and professionals not this dumb future run by idiots.

I must go and lie down.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 11:57 - Jul 20 with 2831 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree with most of that but one point that is wrong is this:

Then May threw petrol on the fire by pandering to the Conservative party and saying a hard Brexit was preferable to compromise.

This is pure spin. What she said was no deal was better than a bad deal as a negotiating strategy. Remainers then went mad at the thought of no deal and did everything they could to remove its use as a negotiating tactic. To say she said no deal was better than 'compromise' is just wrong. I think we've compromised on quite a bit during the negotiations.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 12:00 - Jul 20 with 2819 viewsunstableblue

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 11:57 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

Then May threw petrol on the fire by pandering to the Conservative party and saying a hard Brexit was preferable to compromise.

This is pure spin. What she said was no deal was better than a bad deal as a negotiating strategy. Remainers then went mad at the thought of no deal and did everything they could to remove its use as a negotiating tactic. To say she said no deal was better than 'compromise' is just wrong. I think we've compromised on quite a bit during the negotiations.

I can only go by what the key players interviewed said both the likes of Hammond and the European team.

The sound bite from May split the UK side and started to fragment any common theme - weakening us. Whereas it strengthened EUs resolve to play hard.

This is then exasperated by sh!t negotiations and readiness from Davies - it really felt like we had just not prepared.

Anyway - what about Norwoods second what a belter

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 12:02 - Jul 20 with 2809 viewsJ2BLUE

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 12:00 - Jul 20 by unstableblue

I can only go by what the key players interviewed said both the likes of Hammond and the European team.

The sound bite from May split the UK side and started to fragment any common theme - weakening us. Whereas it strengthened EUs resolve to play hard.

This is then exasperated by sh!t negotiations and readiness from Davies - it really felt like we had just not prepared.

Anyway - what about Norwoods second what a belter

I'm not arguing with any of that. I'm simply saying no one ever ruled out compromise.

Truly impaired.

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 12:09 - Jul 20 with 2791 viewsunstableblue

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 12:02 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

I'm not arguing with any of that. I'm simply saying no one ever ruled out compromise.

One really interesting thing was that after the G20 summit - where the EU made an offer for a Brexit stand down for five years, as a reaction to the realisation of just how dangerous to world stability Donald Trump was.

I bet you May - after herself realising the true horror Trump - would have loved to sign up to that.

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 13:48 - Jul 20 with 2691 viewsJ2BLUE

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 12:09 - Jul 20 by unstableblue

One really interesting thing was that after the G20 summit - where the EU made an offer for a Brexit stand down for five years, as a reaction to the realisation of just how dangerous to world stability Donald Trump was.

I bet you May - after herself realising the true horror Trump - would have loved to sign up to that.

Agree, we should have considered that.

I think the EU should have made a few minor concessions and offered May a reason to have another referendum. Just enough for her to say things have changed and we need another vote.

Truly impaired.

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 14:03 - Jul 20 with 2665 viewsgordon

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 11:57 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

The idea that it would be a good idea for the UK to either threaten no deal or prepare for no deal as a negotiating strategy is the stupidest idea that has come out of the Conservative party in the last five or so years, during a period when they have basically rebranded themselves as a factory for stupid ideas.
Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 14:20 - Jul 20 with 2627 viewsHerbivore

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 13:48 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

Agree, we should have considered that.

I think the EU should have made a few minor concessions and offered May a reason to have another referendum. Just enough for her to say things have changed and we need another vote.

What do you think they could have offered?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 16:33 - Jul 20 with 2536 viewsBlueBadger

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 14:20 - Jul 20 by Herbivore

Purple passports and a reduced number of foreigners?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 16:34 - Jul 20 with 2533 viewsHARRY10

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 14:03 - Jul 20 by gordon

The idea that it would be a good idea for the UK to either threaten no deal or prepare for no deal as a negotiating strategy is the stupidest idea that has come out of the Conservative party in the last five or so years, during a period when they have basically rebranded themselves as a factory for stupid ideas.

Exactly !

The very idea than any UK government would allow no deal to happen, or that there woud be enoug MPs to stand by and let it happen is beyond absurd. And the EU knew it.

My thought always has been that May's red lines were nothing but a means to ensure there would not be a deal ergo the country eventually stays in the EU. Don't think so ?

Then check where the UK is on 1st Nov. Check what the EU will demand in return for another extension. The idea that multi nationals were going to stand by and watch billions of investment go down the swannee to placate the bigotry of some soon to peg out coffin dodgers is nonsensical.
Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 16:44 - Jul 20 with 2525 viewsBlueBadger

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 14:03 - Jul 20 by gordon

'Give us what we want or we'll f*ck ourselves into the ground' is the negotiating 'strategy' of the petulant toddler holding its breath until it faints.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 17:05 - Jul 20 with 2501 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Didn't watch it but read a summary recently that was something along these lines:

Either Brexit happens and those who still want it will blame the consequent problems on the politicians not going for a hard enough version or it will not happen and the same people will blame them for not implementing it.

You almost wonder if perhaps we should leave without any deal in order to show just how bad it is. If only it would be just them suffering and not the weakest, poorest and rest of us taking the brunt of it all.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 17:19 - Jul 20 with 2483 viewsgordon

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 17:05 - Jul 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Didn't watch it but read a summary recently that was something along these lines:

Either Brexit happens and those who still want it will blame the consequent problems on the politicians not going for a hard enough version or it will not happen and the same people will blame them for not implementing it.

You almost wonder if perhaps we should leave without any deal in order to show just how bad it is. If only it would be just them suffering and not the weakest, poorest and rest of us taking the brunt of it all.

Yeah, basically we're f*cked or we're f*cked.

If we don't have the full English Brexit of maximum stupidity in October then Farage and Johnson will be whipping up a frenzy of betrayal and 'enemies of the people' stuff, go for a general election, and we'll get a bunch of idiots elected as MPs, until eventually we do have the full english Brexit of maximum stupidity.

Or we could just have the stupid f*cking thing done sooner and at least have it over with quicker. Either way the next 10 years of this country are f*cked.
Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 17:35 - Jul 20 with 2441 viewsJ2BLUE

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 14:20 - Jul 20 by Herbivore

No idea. Just enough to justify May calling for a second referendum. I'm not blaming the EU. For all I know, they may have offered and been shot down.

Truly impaired.

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 17:52 - Jul 20 with 2410 viewsgordon

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 17:35 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

No idea. Just enough to justify May calling for a second referendum. I'm not blaming the EU. For all I know, they may have offered and been shot down.

Not sure that offering members rewards for behaving like idiots is really a great strategy in the longer-run.
Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 18:02 - Jul 20 with 2394 viewsJ2BLUE

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 17:52 - Jul 20 by gordon

Not sure that offering members rewards for behaving like idiots is really a great strategy in the longer-run.

Fair point but we are net financial contributors, second most powerful military, second biggest economy, one of only two countries with our own nuclear weapons etc etc. Retaining us would be good for them as well as us.

Truly impaired.

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 19:08 - Jul 20 with 2330 viewsgordon

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 18:02 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

Fair point but we are net financial contributors, second most powerful military, second biggest economy, one of only two countries with our own nuclear weapons etc etc. Retaining us would be good for them as well as us.

But before, during, or since the referendum campaign we haven't had a coherent message or a reasonable request for the EU to consider. I don't see how the EU could really be held responsible for working out what it is we're trying to achieve, and then offering it to us without us even knowing what it might be.
Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 20:11 - Jul 20 with 2270 viewsHerbivore

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 17:35 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

They've always said that a Norway style deal is on the table but it's not compatible with May's red lines. Given her red lines I'm not sure what else they could have offered her.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 21:23 - Jul 20 with 2203 viewsEwan_Oozami

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 17:19 - Jul 20 by gordon

Yeah, basically we're f*cked or we're f*cked.

If we don't have the full English Brexit of maximum stupidity in October then Farage and Johnson will be whipping up a frenzy of betrayal and 'enemies of the people' stuff, go for a general election, and we'll get a bunch of idiots elected as MPs, until eventually we do have the full english Brexit of maximum stupidity.

Or we could just have the stupid f*cking thing done sooner and at least have it over with quicker. Either way the next 10 years of this country are f*cked.

They are going for the "stabbed in the back" narrative, and we all know where that leads....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 21:42 - Jul 20 with 2182 viewsgordon

Did you watch the Panaroma Brexit documentary... AND BRAZIL link on 20:11 - Jul 20 by Herbivore

They've always said that a Norway style deal is on the table but it's not compatible with May's red lines. Given her red lines I'm not sure what else they could have offered her.

If they'd offered us all a free San Miguel upon arrival at our resort on the Costa Del Tw*t that would have probably have been enough to secure a massive majority for remain in a second referendum, but I don't think the EU realised how immensely stupid we are quick enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024