Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co 10:22 - Jul 20 with 2877 viewsTerry_Nutkins

It's interesting to see how these boys are not just on the fringes and vert much part of 1st team and even 1st 11 plans potentially so far based on pre-season. There is obviously an element of needs must but i'm sure Lambert could easily have chosen to sell/release and bring in his own on frees albeit.

There were a fair few question marks When Donacian and Rowe were shipped out on loan. Starting to think this was a bit more strategic planning for L1 and maybe Lambert being pragmatic about the situation i.e. I will need them if they go down so lets have them with football in their legs rather than on our bench and not playing much. Too much credit being given maybe? Jut a thought that I think maybe the rheteric of Lambert 'doesn't fancy Donacian/Rowe' may not actually be so true. It was more a this will be better for them and us long term.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co on 10:31 - Jul 20 with 2803 viewsBlueBadger

Or, it's just evidence of how low we've sunk that they're serious first team contenders now.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 10:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co on 10:37 - Jul 20 with 2769 viewsITFCBlues

I suspect he was mindful of bringing in 7 or 8 players and the impact that would have on the squad.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co on 12:18 - Jul 20 with 2547 viewsunstableblue

I wouldn’t get to carried away, as I said in my match report, only one of those players (Rowe) excelled against a overall poor (not terrible as some would say) Colchester side.

Donacien was solid, and should be our right back, but there is further room for improvement.

Roberts could have done much better.

I see perhaps only Donacien in the starting 11, with Rowe perhaps closer with the Lankester injury

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co on 13:13 - Jul 20 with 2437 viewsArnieM

Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co on 12:18 - Jul 20 by unstableblue

I wouldn’t get to carried away, as I said in my match report, only one of those players (Rowe) excelled against a overall poor (not terrible as some would say) Colchester side.

Donacien was solid, and should be our right back, but there is further room for improvement.

Roberts could have done much better.

I see perhaps only Donacien in the starting 11, with Rowe perhaps closer with the Lankester injury

….surely an opposition (Col Utd in this instance) can only be as good as their opponents allow them to be ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co on 15:12 - Jul 20 with 2246 viewswkj

To be honest I've always believed in the potential of Rowe and Donacien, and think they have shown they're capable of performing in the first team. Of course I have only seen a fraction of them in the first team vs what the last managers saw and see in training, but I do hope they make me right.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co on 05:14 - Jul 21 with 1823 viewsharlingblue

Rowe and Donacian should have been either playing or at least in our squad last year. The former is a good winger with an eye for goal, and prepared to work back to cover his fullback, the latter is a very good attacking RIGHT BACK.
Time for PL to give them their chance this year?
Last year, we had a decimated squad, a new Manager Hurst, bringing in numerous new signings with no real pre-season time to make them gel.
Hurst lost his job, but several of his signings could prove to be good for the battle to regain Championship status this year?
Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co on 12:55 - Jul 21 with 1502 viewsjas0999

It seems very much like we are making do with what we’ve got due to a lack of any type of transfer budget. Roberts is a very average player. Donacien doesn’t look great and Rowe wasn’t even remotely in PLs plans previously. Now all are contenders due to a lack of other options.
Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co on 13:03 - Jul 21 with 1473 viewswkj

Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co on 12:55 - Jul 21 by jas0999

It seems very much like we are making do with what we’ve got due to a lack of any type of transfer budget. Roberts is a very average player. Donacien doesn’t look great and Rowe wasn’t even remotely in PLs plans previously. Now all are contenders due to a lack of other options.

Your opinion of Donacien and Rowe seems quite skew to what we saw at Colchester, maybe not world beaters, but they will do a job this season. Cheer up tho hey

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Rowe, Donacian, Roberts and co on 13:09 - Jul 21 with 1458 viewsWickets

I suppose we are asking here *is your cup half full or is it half empty ! also listed in our squad as it stands Wright,Lankester,Bishop,Nydam,Downes,Dozzell,El Mizouni,Emmanuel,Woolfenden,Kenlock,Ndaba,Folami,Morris,Dobra,Webber,Clements, I suppose these could be referred to as "our own" broadly speaking. something to be proud of.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024