Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years 08:58 - Jul 20 with 5842 viewsBluedandy

proudly sponsored the Town now pours cash into Budgie coffers via a long term rights partnership ...

Unforgivable Suffolk turncoats ... your piss awful beer shall never pass my lips again.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 9:13]
Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 09:20 - Jul 20 with 4996 viewstrncbluearmy

On the list with Fosters
Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 09:56 - Jul 20 with 4856 viewsbritbiker

Noooooo. I remember the year they sponsored us. Abbot was my favorite ale and then they bought out a special ale as a tribute to Triumph motorcycles. All my worlds aligned for one season. How the mighty have fallen.
Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 09:59 - Jul 20 with 4819 viewsHerbivore

Their beer has always been terrible anyway.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 09:59 - Jul 20 with 4825 viewsPinewoodblue

Doubt Norwich fans are happy. Perfectly good brewery in Norfolk,

Don't the Brewery in Lowestoft sell a bottled beer honouring the Canaries

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 10:23 - Jul 20 with 4725 viewsbournemouthblue

Looks like this was agreed last year according to their website?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 10:27 - Jul 20 with 4714 viewsMeadowlark

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 09:59 - Jul 20 by Herbivore

Their beer has always been terrible anyway.

I would say not always....but certainly for a very long time. I think Abbott and IPA were both decent drinks back in the 70s.
The change probably came when GK started buying up smaller breweries and "killing off" some very nice local ales. I won't touch the stuff now.
I quite like Moongazer and Woodfordes, but unfortunately they are also on my boycott list due to their budgie connections. And Redwell because of their blurring of the definition of real ale/craft ale.
You can't beat a decent pint of Adnams anyway!
Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 10:29 - Jul 20 with 4691 viewsMrTown

Snakes in the grass

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 10:33 - Jul 20 with 4682 viewsBlueBadger

I haven't touched their stale-tasting swill for a number of years now, since they did their best to bankrupt a couple of good friends of mine who were running one of their tied houses.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 10:35 - Jul 20 with 4677 viewsEastTownBlue

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 10:27 - Jul 20 by Meadowlark

I would say not always....but certainly for a very long time. I think Abbott and IPA were both decent drinks back in the 70s.
The change probably came when GK started buying up smaller breweries and "killing off" some very nice local ales. I won't touch the stuff now.
I quite like Moongazer and Woodfordes, but unfortunately they are also on my boycott list due to their budgie connections. And Redwell because of their blurring of the definition of real ale/craft ale.
You can't beat a decent pint of Adnams anyway!

Avoid mentioning their brewing of the Old Speckled Hen to real ale fans.
Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 10:44 - Jul 20 with 4651 viewsElephantintheRoom

Terrible beer with a terrible attitude to tenants which ruins pubs across east anglia. You should have had this attitude decades ago

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 10:56 - Jul 20 with 4606 viewsBLUEBEAT

Towen yoot should sticker-bomb their BSE HQ

Poll: W or W

Awful brewer on 11:10 - Jul 20 with 4546 viewsDyland

Their IPA tastes like soap and the Abbot Ale is loony juice.

They are dead to me.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Awful brewer on 12:47 - Jul 20 with 4373 viewsSikamikanico

Awful brewer on 11:10 - Jul 20 by Dyland

Their IPA tastes like soap and the Abbot Ale is loony juice.

They are dead to me.

Their IPA isn't even an IPA.

If it's even been briefly introduced to a hop I would be surprised
Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 12:50 - Jul 20 with 4361 viewsmarcus1642

Actually, I quite like Abbot and IPA. The brewing industry over the last 20 years has become cutthroat as profit margins have become tighter with supermarkets undercutting the traditional pub.

I think it's a case that it's funnier that Suffolk ale is sold in Carrot road. I wonder how the budgie fans feel about this?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 12:54]
Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 12:52 - Jul 20 with 4354 viewsHerbivore

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 12:50 - Jul 20 by marcus1642

Actually, I quite like Abbot and IPA. The brewing industry over the last 20 years has become cutthroat as profit margins have become tighter with supermarkets undercutting the traditional pub.

I think it's a case that it's funnier that Suffolk ale is sold in Carrot road. I wonder how the budgie fans feel about this?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 12:54]

Did you lose your tastebuds in the war buh?

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 13:06 - Jul 20 with 4303 viewsmarcus1642

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 12:52 - Jul 20 by Herbivore

Did you lose your tastebuds in the war buh?

It's all a matter of taste. I remember my step Dad hating Tolly-Cobbold beers.

On a slight tangent, Newcastle brown is brewed in Stoke-on-trent which I find odd.
Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 16:33 - Jul 20 with 4037 viewscatch74

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 10:33 - Jul 20 by BlueBadger

I haven't touched their stale-tasting swill for a number of years now, since they did their best to bankrupt a couple of good friends of mine who were running one of their tied houses.

Don’t get me started on their tied houses. I’ve considered starting a company offering support/advice to people considering tied leases. I could have saved 3 couples who tried the GK pub down the road their life savings.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 17:00 - Jul 20 with 3980 viewsActionMan

To be fair to them we dropped them as sponsor after 5 years of them putting money in for a bigger offer from that short lived energy company. They've since gone on to sponsor Cambridge as well . It's a business, Norwich are a top tier team, they're going to be doing deals with them if it means making money and increasing brand awareness.
Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 17:04 - Jul 20 with 3972 viewscatch74

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 17:00 - Jul 20 by ActionMan

To be fair to them we dropped them as sponsor after 5 years of them putting money in for a bigger offer from that short lived energy company. They've since gone on to sponsor Cambridge as well . It's a business, Norwich are a top tier team, they're going to be doing deals with them if it means making money and increasing brand awareness.

What about their beer though?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 19:50 - Jul 20 with 3782 viewsDeano69

Does that mean we are rid of that shyte from PR?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 23:49 - Jul 20 with 3618 viewsMelford

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 10:33 - Jul 20 by BlueBadger

They royally shafted a few friends I know who had a tenancy with them years back. The managed houses really aren't nice places to work in either. They're basically a slightly posher Wetherspoons nowadays. I had 15 years with them on and off, went from a decent local brewer who looked after staff to a faceless money-making organisation who treated their staff like cattle. I hate them with a passion.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 08:51 - Jul 21 with 3426 viewsNBVJohn

Greene King IPA in particular seems to be the ‘Official Beer’ of a number of clubs located a lot further from Suffolk than the inbreds up the road. Nottingham Forest (odd, considering their proximity to Burton) and Aston Villa spring to mind - pretty sure there’s others too. It’s just business, and sadly, just another step in the demise of the local pint.
Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 08:54 - Jul 21 with 3417 viewsHerbivore

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 08:51 - Jul 21 by NBVJohn

Greene King IPA in particular seems to be the ‘Official Beer’ of a number of clubs located a lot further from Suffolk than the inbreds up the road. Nottingham Forest (odd, considering their proximity to Burton) and Aston Villa spring to mind - pretty sure there’s others too. It’s just business, and sadly, just another step in the demise of the local pint.

Your last sentence is way off. There are tons of local breweries around these days and Greene King ceased to be Town's friendly local brewery years ago.

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 08:58 - Jul 21 with 3410 viewsWeWereZombies

Spent a month working in the accounts team in Bury St. Edmunds a decade or more ago. They didn't like me and I didn't like them. More of a property company than I brewery when you get down to the bones.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 09:13 - Jul 21 with 3379 viewsMullet

Oh Greene King what has become of you? Bury St Edmunds brewer who for years on 08:51 - Jul 21 by NBVJohn

They are massive in the outskirts of Manchester, all the (fairly posh) suburban pubs just about clinging on have been converted to GK it seems. I find it really odd but it's no different to Adnams' aggressive expansion I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024