Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. 17:32 - Jul 19 with 802 viewsITFC_Forever

What a time to be alive.

Burton (A)
Posh (A)
Stadium Thieves (H)
Bolton (A)
Shrewsbury (H)
Tottenham U-21 (H)

Hope Bolton go bust just to avoid the indignity of my 1000th being a bloody EFL Trophy game against an U-21 side.*

*I am of course joking, as much as I dislike them, I don't want to see them go out of business.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:36 - Jul 19 with 785 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

have you not missed Sunderland

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:36 - Jul 19 with 782 viewsSitfcB

I wish I’d have kept a record of all my games

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:36 - Jul 19 with 779 viewsSitfcB

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:36 - Jul 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

have you not missed Sunderland

He obviously can’t make it.

COYB

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:37 - Jul 19 with 774 viewsITFC_Forever

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:36 - Jul 19 by SitfcB

He obviously can’t make it.

Correct - away in Tenerife.

Yes, I know, don't book holidays in the football season etc etc.....

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:41 - Jul 19 with 751 viewsReuser_is_God

Surely you’d not go to the trophy game?!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:42 - Jul 19 with 745 viewsSitfcB

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:37 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

Correct - away in Tenerife.

Yes, I know, don't book holidays in the football season etc etc.....

I take it you didn’t have a choice/get a say...?

COYB

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:46 - Jul 19 with 736 viewsITFC_Forever

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:36 - Jul 19 by SitfcB

I wish I’d have kept a record of all my games

I started doing it in the early / mid 90s.....

When I started going to away games at the start (very start - 1st Jan 1990, lost 0-5 to Port Vale), I started keeping a record of them.

I have a pretty keen (some would say freakish) memory for games I have been to, especially at that time (it's dulled slightly in since all the seasons started blending in to one), so I could remember which games I had been to, so I made a new list with all the home games as well.

First game was in 1982-83, and as I only went to a handful of games a year at that time, it was easy using the programme from the end of each season to work out which ones I had been to.
When I started going to pretty much every home game (ie; when my Mum would let me go on my own), it was easy to remember the ones I had missed.

When I first created my record, I had it all on paper, then around 10-15 years ago I typed it all on to a spreadsheet, which I now update after each game.

I keep a record of the date, the opponent, the competition, the score, the scorers, and the venue.
So I now have a record of who I have seen us play the most, which grounds I have been to the most and who I've seen score the most goals for us.

Will do a summary of it all after number 1000. If I remember and get round to it.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 17:50]

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:47 - Jul 19 with 732 viewsITFC_Forever

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:42 - Jul 19 by SitfcB

I take it you didn’t have a choice/get a say...?

Not really - combination of school holidays, time off availability at work and family conspired against me.

Login to get fewer ads

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:49 - Jul 19 with 720 viewsITFC_Forever

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:41 - Jul 19 by Reuser_is_God

Surely you’d not go to the trophy game?!

Yes, I'll go.

As much as it is embarrassing having to enter the competition and the fact it is further sullied by U-21s being in it, it is a first team home game for us that I can attend - I can't "just not go".

I have no idea how I would feel if we ended up in a Blackpool / Coventry situation where large swathes of the support are actively boycotting games. It would genuinely break my heart.

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:50 - Jul 19 with 712 viewsSitfcB

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:46 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

I started doing it in the early / mid 90s.....

When I started going to away games at the start (very start - 1st Jan 1990, lost 0-5 to Port Vale), I started keeping a record of them.

I have a pretty keen (some would say freakish) memory for games I have been to, especially at that time (it's dulled slightly in since all the seasons started blending in to one), so I could remember which games I had been to, so I made a new list with all the home games as well.

First game was in 1982-83, and as I only went to a handful of games a year at that time, it was easy using the programme from the end of each season to work out which ones I had been to.
When I started going to pretty much every home game (ie; when my Mum would let me go on my own), it was easy to remember the ones I had missed.

When I first created my record, I had it all on paper, then around 10-15 years ago I typed it all on to a spreadsheet, which I now update after each game.

I keep a record of the date, the opponent, the competition, the score, the scorers, and the venue.
So I now have a record of who I have seen us play the most, which grounds I have been to the most and who I've seen score the most goals for us.

Will do a summary of it all after number 1000. If I remember and get round to it.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 17:50]

I like it! It’s a great thing to do I think.

Would take me an age to go back and work out mine at the late stage I reckon.

COYB

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:53 - Jul 19 with 699 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:49 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

Yes, I'll go.

As much as it is embarrassing having to enter the competition and the fact it is further sullied by U-21s being in it, it is a first team home game for us that I can attend - I can't "just not go".

I have no idea how I would feel if we ended up in a Blackpool / Coventry situation where large swathes of the support are actively boycotting games. It would genuinely break my heart.

I’m in the B team boycott camp. I was discussing your wider point with someone yesterday. Think I would boycott but until you’re faced with it hard to say for sure.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:54 - Jul 19 with 692 viewsITFC_Forever

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:50 - Jul 19 by SitfcB

I like it! It’s a great thing to do I think.

Would take me an age to go back and work out mine at the late stage I reckon.

It might be worth a try - with the aid of the internet and season records, it might be easier than you think.

Life circumstances dictate to all of us how many games we can attend each season - before we had kids, I went to 85% of our games each season, but then kids curtailed that somewhat..... you can build the list based on when you know you stopped going to so many as the kid(s) came along etc.

You would need a decent memory - but to someone to whom football is a major passion in life (and I include both of us in that), the games matter alot to you and a list of games / scorers for each season would soon jog the memory in to life.

Have a go - I think you would be surprised how easy you can do it.

PS: I haven't included friendly / reserve / youth / neutral games in my list, although I have included neutral games in my ground list. Currently on 79 thanks to Notts County going down at the end of the season.
And one reason for hoping Bolton don't go bust is that I won't lose another one.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 17:56]

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 18:02 - Jul 19 with 661 viewsSitfcB

If all goes according to plan, Game no. 1000 will be Spurs U-21s in the Trophy.. on 17:54 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

It might be worth a try - with the aid of the internet and season records, it might be easier than you think.

Life circumstances dictate to all of us how many games we can attend each season - before we had kids, I went to 85% of our games each season, but then kids curtailed that somewhat..... you can build the list based on when you know you stopped going to so many as the kid(s) came along etc.

You would need a decent memory - but to someone to whom football is a major passion in life (and I include both of us in that), the games matter alot to you and a list of games / scorers for each season would soon jog the memory in to life.

Have a go - I think you would be surprised how easy you can do it.

PS: I haven't included friendly / reserve / youth / neutral games in my list, although I have included neutral games in my ground list. Currently on 79 thanks to Notts County going down at the end of the season.
And one reason for hoping Bolton don't go bust is that I won't lose another one.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 17:56]

Yes I have a pretty decent memory when it comes to football and ITFC haha.

I know I can look back on my online account on Itfc direct and look at full purchase history. Might have to try it one day soon. Can put it together and then try and fill in the blanks when they come around.

I’ve been going properly probably since 2003/2004 with a one season break someone around 06/07.

Away games easier to remember than the home games I think!

Yeah I count neutral games in my ground list. Think I’m up to 64.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024