Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at the names against squad numbers 18:17 - Jul 18 with 2543 viewsgroovyASH

I honestly don't see us seriously challenging for promotion this season, we are at least 1 striker and 1 CB away from having a competent 11.

Even then we are looking weak overall; an over abundance of midfielders and limited quality elswhere

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 18:19 - Jul 18 with 2528 viewsHerbivore

You might want to take a look at the other squads in this league. We'll be fine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 18:21 - Jul 18 with 2515 viewsgroovyASH

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 18:19 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

You might want to take a look at the other squads in this league. We'll be fine.

We'll be fine for staying in the league. Maybe a flirt with the play offs, but nay to automatic promotion

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 18:23 - Jul 18 with 2510 viewschristiand

Completely with you on this Herbivore. It seems relegation from the Championship equates to playing in a league that is of Champions League standard judging from the blubbing. Don't think the penny has dropped that we aren't in the Championship this season, perhaps it might once we finally kick off the league campaign?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 18:25 - Jul 18 with 2495 viewsgroovyASH

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 18:23 - Jul 18 by christiand

Completely with you on this Herbivore. It seems relegation from the Championship equates to playing in a league that is of Champions League standard judging from the blubbing. Don't think the penny has dropped that we aren't in the Championship this season, perhaps it might once we finally kick off the league campaign?

Oh the penny has dropped ok, let's see who is blubbing a few weeks in eh

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 18:27 - Jul 18 with 2490 viewschristiand

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 18:25 - Jul 18 by groovyASH

Oh the penny has dropped ok, let's see who is blubbing a few weeks in eh

Yes lets. Perhaps if we start decently over the first 6-10 league games, then you might stop crying? I doubt it though, there'll always be something to complain about!
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 18:28]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 18:28 - Jul 18 with 2485 viewsgroovyASH

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 18:27 - Jul 18 by christiand

Yes lets. Perhaps if we start decently over the first 6-10 league games, then you might stop crying? I doubt it though, there'll always be something to complain about!
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 18:28]

Already out of tissues.

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 19:11 - Jul 18 with 2413 viewssundaze

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 18:21 - Jul 18 by groovyASH

We'll be fine for staying in the league. Maybe a flirt with the play offs, but nay to automatic promotion

I am sure Charlton fans were saying the same last summer. Even going into Easter they weren't looking like getting promotion.
In 2017/18, Plymouth went from rock bottom at the turn of the year and finished one place outside the play offs.
It's a whole different world in this league, I don't expect us to leave others behind us to fight for the remaining promotion places, but I expect us to be in the mix at the business end at the end of the season.
Looking at the names against squad numbers on 19:23 - Jul 18 with 2384 viewsCoastalblue

I do

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 19:52 - Jul 18 with 2315 viewsGerkensBeard

If you analyse the squad carefully you’ll see...

Judge - far too good for this league
Nolan - Standout league 1 player. Could probably still play higher
Edwards - Same as above
Norwood - An absolute animal
Dozzell - Linked with premier league clubs every year
Chambers/Skuse - how many games at the higher level have they played?

Then you look at the depth and they’re all players who can cut it at this level
Looking at the names against squad numbers on 19:55 - Jul 18 with 2297 viewsMrTown

It’s taken you a squad list to see that.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 19:56 - Jul 18 with 2294 viewschicoazul

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 19:52 - Jul 18 by GerkensBeard

If you analyse the squad carefully you’ll see...

Judge - far too good for this league
Nolan - Standout league 1 player. Could probably still play higher
Edwards - Same as above
Norwood - An absolute animal
Dozzell - Linked with premier league clubs every year
Chambers/Skuse - how many games at the higher level have they played?

Then you look at the depth and they’re all players who can cut it at this level

Judge - injured
Nolan - injured
Edwards - injured
Norwood - never played above L2
Dozzell - so weird how PL clubs are linked with him every year and here he is at an L1 club
Chambers/Skuse - I hope everyone telling me they are going to be a cut above are right because they were two of the main men in the team that finished bottom of the league above us last season

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 19:56 - Jul 18 with 2291 viewsMrTown

You think “we’ll be fine” for promotion this year?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 20:03 - Jul 18 with 2271 viewsGuthrum

We don't really know until it's tested against League One standard opposition. Southend as well as Sunderland.

We do know we have the remnants of a Championship outfit, albeit not a good one. The younger players were all deemed competent enough to be part of a Champ Academy/U23 setup. Some have played for their country at youth level.

We also have on our books the most prolific goalscorer in the top four divisions of English football for last season. An international-standard goalkeeper. We have Emyr Huws and Freddie Sears (once he's back from injury) who scored against Newcastle in their promotion season. A number of men who were in the squad last time we made the Champ playoffs.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 20:39 - Jul 18 with 2221 viewsGerkensBeard

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 19:56 - Jul 18 by chicoazul

Judge - injured
Nolan - injured
Edwards - injured
Norwood - never played above L2
Dozzell - so weird how PL clubs are linked with him every year and here he is at an L1 club
Chambers/Skuse - I hope everyone telling me they are going to be a cut above are right because they were two of the main men in the team that finished bottom of the league above us last season

Wow. Who do you fear in Burton Albion’s side in 2 weeks time may I ask?

Funny feeling that Judge will recover from a broken wrist
Nolan and Edwards didn’t have bad injuries either. Both have now started training.
And yes Norwood was a handful against Bundesliga centre half’s on Sunday and scored.
Looking at the names against squad numbers on 21:41 - Jul 18 with 2131 viewsBlueBadger

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 19:56 - Jul 18 by MrTown

Top half, deffo.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 23:07 - Jul 18 with 2010 viewstextbackup

whats your in-depth knowledge of the other squads that you feel will be ahead of us?

I couldn't name more than 5 other players in this entire league

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 23:12 - Jul 18 with 1995 viewsHerbivore

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 19:56 - Jul 18 by MrTown

I expect us to be in the mix, yes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 23:48 - Jul 18 with 1946 viewstextbackup

Looking at the names against squad numbers on 23:12 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

I expect us to be in the mix, yes.

twice in a day.... we should get an apartment together, basically twins

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024