Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A good example of karma 10:17 - Jul 18 with 4392 viewshampstead_blue

Left my wallet at a cricket ground on Sunday.
It was the Army ground at Tidworth. It dropped out of my bag by my car.

It arrived today in the post. Sent by a service person (they didn't scrub out all their rank on the old envelope)

That's lovely. It is obvious I'm an injured veteran because of my Veteran Oyster card (only given to the broken ones).

That's awesome Karma. I shall now be paying it back for a while.....Who wants some love.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

A good example of karma on 10:19 - Jul 18 with 4356 viewsSuperblue95

I’ll take the contents of the wallet if neither you nor the person who found it want it

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

A good example of karma on 10:24 - Jul 18 with 4330 viewsitfcjoe

I found a purse in Chelmsford a little while ago with about £100 in and a couple of cards - managed to track her down on Facebook and return it to her.

She told me to keep the money in it as presumed it was lost which was amazingly generous, but I couldn't do it - just used the money to pay for an envelope and the postage required to return it and stuck the receipt in there and she was amazed. Weird, I'd assume most would do similar.....but then if I lost my wallet then getting it back without the £100 would still be a right result.

Hopefully I've had good karma since then

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A good example of karma on 10:24 - Jul 18 with 4304 viewsfooters

A good example of karma on 10:19 - Jul 18 by Superblue95

I’ll take the contents of the wallet if neither you nor the person who found it want it

What are you going to do with 15-year-old, unused condoms?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A good example of karma on 10:25 - Jul 18 with 4319 viewsJakeITFC

I lost my wallet when I was a teenager (pre-any ID with my address on it) and the kind stranger who found it gave it in at Portman Road because I had a season ticket in there, which I always thought was a great effort to go to.
A good example of karma on 10:47 - Jul 18 with 4211 viewsCoastalblue

When I was a kid in the 80's I found a wallet with a large wad of cash in it, about £1800 which seemed a fortune at the time.

I handed it in to the local plod shop when we still had those and the copper assured me they could track the owner by what was in the wallet, and I'd be sure to get a tasty reward.

Spent a couple of weeks dreaming of what my reward might be and what I could get with it, then my Dad was contacted by the local sergeant that he knew, the wallet had been claimed and the guy sent me his 'thanks'

I was gutted as a kid, not because I handed the money in, but because I thought my good deed was going to be rewarded.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

A good example of karma on 12:11 - Jul 18 with 4053 viewsSuperblue95

A good example of karma on 10:24 - Jul 18 by footers

What are you going to do with 15-year-old, unused condoms?

Add it to the collection I’ve already built up most likely

A good example of karma on 12:13 - Jul 18 with 4034 viewsSuperblue95

A good example of karma on 10:47 - Jul 18 by Coastalblue

When I was a kid in the 80's I found a wallet with a large wad of cash in it, about £1800 which seemed a fortune at the time.

I handed it in to the local plod shop when we still had those and the copper assured me they could track the owner by what was in the wallet, and I'd be sure to get a tasty reward.

Spent a couple of weeks dreaming of what my reward might be and what I could get with it, then my Dad was contacted by the local sergeant that he knew, the wallet had been claimed and the guy sent me his 'thanks'

I was gutted as a kid, not because I handed the money in, but because I thought my good deed was going to be rewarded.

Presumably you’ve been robbing things ever since to make up for it?

A good example of karma on 12:16 - Jul 18 with 4015 viewsfooters

A good example of karma on 12:11 - Jul 18 by Superblue95

Add it to the collection I’ve already built up most likely

Lay-tex con-do. Boy I'd sure like to live in one of those.

Login to get fewer ads

A good example of karma on 12:20 - Jul 18 with 3987 viewsSuperblue95

A good example of karma on 12:16 - Jul 18 by footers

Lay-tex con-do. Boy I'd sure like to live in one of those.

Funnily enough that popped into my head after I’d posted but I couldn’t be arsed to go back and edit it in.

Disappointed in myself though for not smashing that out of the park after you’d set it up so nicely

Need my weekend methinks

A good example of karma on 12:30 - Jul 18 with 3948 viewsPippin1970

Done a couple of house clearances. Found 600 pounds under bed draw. Spoke to relatives they said keep it. I felt guilty so used it to buy local youth club my daughters went too a badminton nets etc and 2nd hand pool table.
A good example of karma on 12:40 - Jul 18 with 3915 viewsitfcjoe

I was at a cashpoint once and the guy in front of me was on the phone and walked off leaving his money in the cashpoint, was about £200.

He stormed off in a hurry and I chased him down and gave it to him, he didn't even say thank you, just took the money and walked off carrying on his phone conversation - I got back to the cashpoint and the 3 people in the queue who had seen me do this, didn't even let me back to the front of the queue and I had to wait for the 2 others to use it in addition to the bloke who (fairly) stepped in when I ran off.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A good example of karma on 14:28 - Jul 18 with 3729 viewsRyorry

A good example of karma on 12:40 - Jul 18 by itfcjoe

I was at a cashpoint once and the guy in front of me was on the phone and walked off leaving his money in the cashpoint, was about £200.

He stormed off in a hurry and I chased him down and gave it to him, he didn't even say thank you, just took the money and walked off carrying on his phone conversation - I got back to the cashpoint and the 3 people in the queue who had seen me do this, didn't even let me back to the front of the queue and I had to wait for the 2 others to use it in addition to the bloke who (fairly) stepped in when I ran off.

Cripes :( Just remember that the majority, going by this thread anyway, are much better than that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A good example of karma on 14:35 - Jul 18 with 3707 viewsChateauWines

I own a shop and folk are always leaving cards and keys etc. A couple of years ago a member of public handed a wallet in that had been dropped outside. With his ID and a little effort I tracked him down. When he came in to collect, first thing he did was count out cash (approx £200) and said surprised was still there, I’ve never been so insulted since someone said years ago I looked like Leo Sayer

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

A good example of karma on 14:53 - Jul 18 with 3661 viewsallezlesbleus

When I was about 10, I found a £5 note in the West Stand, at a game. I handed it into a copper and he asked me my name. He said to go to the station in a weeks time and if no-one had claimed it, I could have it. I was well chuffed a week later to be £5 better off.
A good example of karma on 15:35 - Jul 18 with 3582 viewsjontysnut

A good example of karma on 14:53 - Jul 18 by allezlesbleus

When I was about 10, I found a £5 note in the West Stand, at a game. I handed it into a copper and he asked me my name. He said to go to the station in a weeks time and if no-one had claimed it, I could have it. I was well chuffed a week later to be £5 better off.

I was about the same age and me and a mate found a fiver on top of an IBC bus. I regret to say that we blew it all on Subbuteo gear. Perhaps there was karma when I knelt on a corner kicker and snapped his leg off. Of course, I have since learned the error of my ways.
A good example of karma on 15:41 - Jul 18 with 3563 viewsSuperblue95

A good example of karma on 15:35 - Jul 18 by jontysnut

I was about the same age and me and a mate found a fiver on top of an IBC bus. I regret to say that we blew it all on Subbuteo gear. Perhaps there was karma when I knelt on a corner kicker and snapped his leg off. Of course, I have since learned the error of my ways.

When I was in school I found a fiver once and pocketed it. Spent the majority of it on large sour dummy sweets and scoffed the lot on the bus home. My tongue and tastebuds were f*cked for days afterwards.

Definitely a dose of bad karma dealt to me there

A good example of karma on 15:57 - Jul 18 with 3533 viewsMeadowlark

I found a tenner outside a shop when I was a kid in the 60s. That was a lot of money in those days! I didn't hesitate to do the honest thing and handed it in to the shopkeeper who implied that he knew who had lost it. He gave me a tube of Smarties or something similar as a "reward."
I later found out that he kept the money for himself. I knew his son, but his son didn't know it was me when telling the story of some poor fool kid who had handed his dad ten quid!
I said nothing.
Is there a moral?
A good example of karma on 15:59 - Jul 18 with 3525 viewsfooters

A good example of karma on 15:57 - Jul 18 by Meadowlark

I found a tenner outside a shop when I was a kid in the 60s. That was a lot of money in those days! I didn't hesitate to do the honest thing and handed it in to the shopkeeper who implied that he knew who had lost it. He gave me a tube of Smarties or something similar as a "reward."
I later found out that he kept the money for himself. I knew his son, but his son didn't know it was me when telling the story of some poor fool kid who had handed his dad ten quid!
I said nothing.
Is there a moral?

"It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism."

Something like that? Imagine robbing an innocent child trying to do the right thing :(

A good example of karma on 18:55 - Jul 18 with 3394 viewsbluelagos

I found a 50 Euros in a cash machine in Heathrow. Hung around for 15 minutes until a young lad ran up looking all flustered. Was happy to hand it over.

Few weeks later, came across a guy at an airport who was in a right state. He'd lost his wallet so couldn't pay for the car park to get his car out and drive home. Lent him 50 Euros and gave him my details to return the cash after taking down his name and address.

Little fckr never did. Karma my arse!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A good example of karma on 21:21 - Jul 18 with 3229 viewsHARRY10

karma - mumbo jumbo

as to returning your wallet I would like to think that would be done whoever you are
A good example of karma on 21:25 - Jul 18 with 3217 viewsfooters

A good example of karma on 21:21 - Jul 18 by HARRY10

karma - mumbo jumbo

as to returning your wallet I would like to think that would be done whoever you are

"karma - mumbo jumbo"

Not true. I had a lovely lamb karma last night.

A good example of karma on 00:18 - Jul 19 with 3114 viewsRyorry

A good example of karma on 18:55 - Jul 18 by bluelagos

I found a 50 Euros in a cash machine in Heathrow. Hung around for 15 minutes until a young lad ran up looking all flustered. Was happy to hand it over.

Few weeks later, came across a guy at an airport who was in a right state. He'd lost his wallet so couldn't pay for the car park to get his car out and drive home. Lent him 50 Euros and gave him my details to return the cash after taking down his name and address.

Little fckr never did. Karma my arse!

Possible he lost the little bit of paper with you details on?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A good example of karma on 00:44 - Jul 19 with 3100 viewstextbackup

I found a quid outside a shop once, went in and brought myself a chocolate bar, under the wrapper was a golden ticket..... the rest is history

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A good example of karma on 01:39 - Jul 19 with 3062 viewsbritbiker

A good example of karma on 00:44 - Jul 19 by textbackup

I found a quid outside a shop once, went in and brought myself a chocolate bar, under the wrapper was a golden ticket..... the rest is history

So you bought ITFC with the golden ticket and are now £80 million down. Sorry Marcus.
A good example of karma on 01:41 - Jul 19 with 3061 viewsbritbiker

I donated a weeks work to a charity last week. Today I broke my tooth biting my fingernail. Poxy karma.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024