Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? 14:04 - Jul 17 with 7025 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

A lot of credible witnesses have stepped forward in the past two years.

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:09 - Jul 17 with 4087 viewsRyorry

Some loon was on the R5l "Up all night" show around 4-5am telling Dotun Adebayo that NASA, the CIA, whoever, had hushed up numerous UFO and other cast iron certainty alien visitations to our planet 🤣

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:30 - Jul 17 with 4029 viewsPendejo

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:09 - Jul 17 by Ryorry

Some loon was on the R5l "Up all night" show around 4-5am telling Dotun Adebayo that NASA, the CIA, whoever, had hushed up numerous UFO and other cast iron certainty alien visitations to our planet 🤣

I guess we will soon find out

https://news.sky.com/story/we-stand-ready-us-air-force-warns-against-raid-on-are

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:31 - Jul 17 with 4015 viewsjeera

No.

We're too far from the action.

Wherever that is.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:34 - Jul 17 with 4008 viewsJ2BLUE

No idea but space is infinite and I think it's incredibly arrogant to assume we're the only life.

Also, it's polite to respect beliefs that god made the earth and created life but believing in aliens (which makes a whole lot more sense if you look back in history) is considered mad.

Overall i'm alien agnostic.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:40 - Jul 17 with 3993 viewsOldsmoker

They may have visited but not stayed.
HG Wells War of the Worlds had the Martians defeated by our bacteria.
That's probably the key reason why no alien could settle here.
Then there's the atmosphere.
Can they breathe the air.
Is the air pressure too weak/too strong.
Is the chemical makeup of the atmosphere poisonous.
Are the suns rays that make it through our atmosphere harmful.
Is the gravity too weak/too strong.
There's too many variables which leaves Earth only fit for earthlings.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:40 - Jul 17 with 3989 viewsjeera

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:34 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

No idea but space is infinite and I think it's incredibly arrogant to assume we're the only life.

Also, it's polite to respect beliefs that god made the earth and created life but believing in aliens (which makes a whole lot more sense if you look back in history) is considered mad.

It's not necessarily arrogant though.

I've seen Cox say matter of factly that Earth is a relatively old planet so taking that into consideration he said it is of course possible there's not too much advanced life out there.

He was in no way suggesting that's the case, just it's possible.

Definitely has to be some forms of life though.

If life can evolve in Stowmarket for example, then other environments must seem a doddle.

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:42 - Jul 17 with 3983 viewsDanTheMan

No.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:42 - Jul 17 with 3975 viewsjeera

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:40 - Jul 17 by Oldsmoker

I wonder if they'd like curry.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:45 - Jul 17 with 3966 viewsOldsmoker

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:42 - Jul 17 by jeera

I wonder if they'd like curry.

If they don't like cheese then they can "go back to their own crime infested planet".

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:46 - Jul 17 with 3962 viewsclive_baker

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:34 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

It's almost certain that there's life on other planets. The question really is what that life looks like and how advanced it might or might not be. Fascinating really, that there could be life that knows of our existence.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:46 - Jul 17 with 3960 viewsusm

Yep

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:47 - Jul 17 with 3957 viewsfooters

One of them was a world-class referee not so long ago.

Another was Prime Minister of this country from 1979 to 1990.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:47 - Jul 17 with 3952 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:40 - Jul 17 by Oldsmoker

Those are all good points, especially with regards to staying but I don't think a lot of that holds when talking about a technological civilisation rather than an evolved creature. Certainly humans are brilliantly adapted to life on Earth, natural selection and evolution has made it that way, however:

"HG Wells War of the Worlds had the Martians defeated by our bacteria."

This is entirely technology level dependent. It's very feasible that an interstellar civilisation would not be bothered by such things either through the use of nanites or other advanced medical tech.

"Can they breathe the air.
Is the gravity too weak/too strong. "

All of these could be covered by suits, which if sufficiently advanced would be thin and easy to move in. Again, it's another point entirely dependent on technology. Even at our level we can go to other bodies (the moon, Mars pretty soon) and survive using a fairly primitive method of the above.

"Are the suns rays that make it through our atmosphere harmful"

This radiation is far stronger in space, if they made it here then this shouldn't be an issue as they would have ways of mitigating it.

"There's too many variables which leaves Earth only fit for earthlings."

I don't believe this is the case given all the above. By the same token you are saying humans won't ever visit or explore somewhere else and stay - something which I think will happen throughout the solar system.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:48 - Jul 17 with 3943 viewsOldsmoker

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:47 - Jul 17 by footers

The Lizard people aren't aliens.
Just ask the Queen.

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:49 - Jul 17 with 3943 viewswkj

As long as they don't want us to join the Interstellar Union and start dictating our laws from Proxima-B, I really couldn't give a hoot.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:49 - Jul 17 with 3941 viewsusm

Ha, someone form Dundee rang R5 earlier and blamed Scotland's drug problem firmly on her!

Personally I think its Charles 1sts fault

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:49 - Jul 17 with 3937 viewsclive_baker

I think one played for Norwich and Wales for a bit too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:51 - Jul 17 with 3926 viewshampstead_blue

Stephen Hawkin talks about this in his book; Small Answers to Big questions.

My recollection may be slightly off but..

No. If they had then they would be vastly superior to us for a number of reasons.
1) We did not detect them
2) We cannot find anywhere which could hold life
3) If they do live locally and are cloaking themselves then their own race would make us look like simple worms.
4) If they are so far ahead then why not just eliminate us or use us to further their own means.

However, if you, like me, love Douglas Adams, then the earth is one big experiment run by mice.

I know who I believe.....BOTH OF THEM!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:53 - Jul 17 with 3913 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:51 - Jul 17 by hampstead_blue

Stephen Hawkin talks about this in his book; Small Answers to Big questions.

My recollection may be slightly off but..

No. If they had then they would be vastly superior to us for a number of reasons.
1) We did not detect them
3) If they do live locally and are cloaking themselves then their own race would make us look like simple worms.
4) If they are so far ahead then why not just eliminate us or use us to further their own means.

However, if you, like me, love Douglas Adams, then the earth is one big experiment run by mice.

I know who I believe.....BOTH OF THEM!

Don't we now regularly find planets in the 'goldilocks zone'?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:55 - Jul 17 with 3899 viewscrunchie1978

David icke was right!
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:55 - Jul 17 with 3896 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:59 - Jul 17 with 3876 viewsOldsmoker

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:47 - Jul 17 by StokieBlue

Those are all good points, especially with regards to staying but I don't think a lot of that holds when talking about a technological civilisation rather than an evolved creature. Certainly humans are brilliantly adapted to life on Earth, natural selection and evolution has made it that way, however:

"HG Wells War of the Worlds had the Martians defeated by our bacteria."

This is entirely technology level dependent. It's very feasible that an interstellar civilisation would not be bothered by such things either through the use of nanites or other advanced medical tech.

"Can they breathe the air.
Is the gravity too weak/too strong. "

All of these could be covered by suits, which if sufficiently advanced would be thin and easy to move in. Again, it's another point entirely dependent on technology. Even at our level we can go to other bodies (the moon, Mars pretty soon) and survive using a fairly primitive method of the above.

"Are the suns rays that make it through our atmosphere harmful"

This radiation is far stronger in space, if they made it here then this shouldn't be an issue as they would have ways of mitigating it.

"There's too many variables which leaves Earth only fit for earthlings."

I don't believe this is the case given all the above. By the same token you are saying humans won't ever visit or explore somewhere else and stay - something which I think will happen throughout the solar system.

SB

Can living in an environment suit or a specialized habitat dome be called "settling".
Submariners are a good example of living in an environment that they cannot survive in without technology. Living your whole life in a submarine would not be enjoyable or desirable.

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:00 - Jul 17 with 3870 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:53 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

Don't we now regularly find planets in the 'goldilocks zone'?

Yes, although not all are suitable (gas giants etc). It's worth noting that the Goldilocks zone isn't a fixed place, it's determined by the radiation output of the parent star. If you look at a system like Trappist then it has 6 planets (c to h) in the Goldilocks zone and all are closer to their star than Mercury is to the sun.

To Scale:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRAPPIST-1

Essentially we need to find a second genesis of life. This might be found on Earth or in the solar system but if/when we do then life can be regarded as everywhere. If it happened twice independently it happened everywhere given the scales involved.

SB

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:02 - Jul 17 with 3852 viewscrunchie1978

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:40 - Jul 17 by jeera

It's not necessarily arrogant though.

I've seen Cox say matter of factly that Earth is a relatively old planet so taking that into consideration he said it is of course possible there's not too much advanced life out there.

He was in no way suggesting that's the case, just it's possible.

Definitely has to be some forms of life though.

If life can evolve in Stowmarket for example, then other environments must seem a doddle.

Being a martian myself at what evolutionary stage is stowmarket currently at?
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:02 - Jul 17 with 3852 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:59 - Jul 17 by Oldsmoker

Can living in an environment suit or a specialized habitat dome be called "settling".
Submariners are a good example of living in an environment that they cannot survive in without technology. Living your whole life in a submarine would not be enjoyable or desirable.

Nobody said they had settled - we clearly know they haven't done that in any meaningful way unless is technology based at the bottom of the ocean.

I think it can be called settling though, people settle in cold climates but wouldn't survive without technology even in it's most primitive form.

We have no idea what an alien would find enjoyable or desirable. I agree from a anthropomorphic standpoint though.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024