Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
50 years ago today 11:03 - Jul 16 with 2694 viewschicoazul

...that the Nazis, using Nazi technology created by Nazi scientists, helped put a man on the moon.
Who says fascism is good for nothing!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

50 years ago today on 11:06 - Jul 16 with 2671 viewschicoazul

BTW it's entirely coincidental i'm sure that the first man on the moon had blonde hair and blue eyes and was of German descent.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

50 years ago today on 11:09 - Jul 16 with 2654 viewsSteve_M

This is even worse than Blubfish's trolling this morning.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

50 years ago today on 11:12 - Jul 16 with 2637 viewschicoazul

50 years ago today on 11:09 - Jul 16 by Steve_M

This is even worse than Blubfish's trolling this morning.

It's a fact! The Nazis helped put a man on the moon!

50 years ago today on 11:12 - Jul 16 with 2639 viewsGuthrum

Altho the Nazis learned a fair bit of their technology from an American. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_H._Goddard

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

50 years ago today on 11:13 - Jul 16 with 2631 viewsfooters

And 32 years since the scourge of surf Nazis was defeated. Really makes ya think.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

50 years ago today on 11:13 - Jul 16 with 2633 viewsStokieBlue

Whilst there is the truth in what you say they did attempt to do it with American scientists first but failed. There is no getting away from the fact that the original rockets were essentially scaled up V2's which were then developed further.

On the flip side the Russians tried to kill their own rocket designer by sending him to the gulag for 2 years before they realised they actually needed him. They would have possibly beaten the US if he hadn't died from a condition probably due to his exposure in the gulags.

This is good if you have the time - it deals with the elements about the German scientists you mention and how they weren't accepted in the US to begin with for obvious reasons.

All the episodes are on YouTube. Not watched it for a while though so if my memory of it isn't great I'll accept the blame.

Episode 1 -
Episode 2 -
Episode 3 -
Episode 4 -

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

50 years ago today on 11:20 - Jul 16 with 2603 viewschicoazul

50 years ago today on 11:13 - Jul 16 by footers

And 32 years since the scourge of surf Nazis was defeated. Really makes ya think.

NSFW, needs sound

50 years ago today on 11:21 - Jul 16 with 2586 viewsfooters

50 years ago today on 11:20 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

NSFW, needs sound

The DKs... my man.

Login to get fewer ads

50 years ago today on 11:22 - Jul 16 with 2578 viewschicoazul

50 years ago today on 11:13 - Jul 16 by StokieBlue

Whilst there is the truth in what you say they did attempt to do it with American scientists first but failed. There is no getting away from the fact that the original rockets were essentially scaled up V2's which were then developed further.

On the flip side the Russians tried to kill their own rocket designer by sending him to the gulag for 2 years before they realised they actually needed him. They would have possibly beaten the US if he hadn't died from a condition probably due to his exposure in the gulags.

This is good if you have the time - it deals with the elements about the German scientists you mention and how they weren't accepted in the US to begin with for obvious reasons.

All the episodes are on YouTube. Not watched it for a while though so if my memory of it isn't great I'll accept the blame.

Episode 1 -
Episode 2 -
Episode 3 -
Episode 4 -

SB

Good post thanks!

50 years ago today on 11:24 - Jul 16 with 2567 viewschicoazul

50 years ago today on 11:21 - Jul 16 by footers

The DKs... my man.

I'm not a huge punk fan but I like them and Black Flag (although Rollins is a fairly terrible human). Also Silverchair were better than Nirvana.

50 years ago today on 11:26 - Jul 16 with 2560 viewsfooters

50 years ago today on 11:24 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

I'm not a huge punk fan but I like them and Black Flag (although Rollins is a fairly terrible human). Also Silverchair were better than Nirvana.

I was with you up until the last bit. Terrible take. One so bad it could make one think you were trolling... ;)

50 years ago today on 11:35 - Jul 16 with 2526 viewsBloomBlue

Great film makers the nazis look at all those propaganda films they made on Adolf which people believed
50 years ago today on 11:38 - Jul 16 with 2513 viewsfooters

50 years ago today on 11:35 - Jul 16 by BloomBlue

Great film makers the nazis look at all those propaganda films they made on Adolf which people believed

Riefenstahl was an incredibly talented filmmaker - big shame about the politics tho.

50 years ago today on 11:43 - Jul 16 with 2492 viewschicoazul

50 years ago today on 11:35 - Jul 16 by BloomBlue

Good at films and rockets, made the trains run on time, yeah they were alright when you think about it

50 years ago today on 12:24 - Jul 16 with 2421 viewsFtnfwest

and just over 58 years since other Nazis first put a man in space, but lets make the americans look worse eh?
50 years ago today on 12:28 - Jul 16 with 2400 viewsStokieBlue

50 years ago today on 12:24 - Jul 16 by Ftnfwest

and just over 58 years since other Nazis first put a man in space, but lets make the americans look worse eh?

This is an alternative fact.

The main driving force behind the Russian space program was a Russian known at the time only as the Chief Designer (Sergei Korolev) because they were worried he would be killed by the US. German scientists weren't the main scientists in the Russian program, only advisers to give suggestions to his designs. The US had nabbed most of them and most of the V2s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Korolev

SB
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 12:41]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

50 years ago today on 12:48 - Jul 16 with 2348 viewsbluejake78

Those nasty Nazi's didn't charge PPI so OK in my book.
50 years ago today on 14:13 - Jul 16 with 2264 viewsSwansea_Blue

Let's celebrate by firing fascists to the moon!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024