Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... 09:29 - Jul 16 with 9028 viewsitfcjoe

More red lines, and no back stop in place - totally ruled out last night.

No election before 31st October - again totally ruled out last night.

Tories are now the Brexit Party, they are no longer Conservatives.

Seems the only question is will Parliament be able to stop it?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:31 - Jul 16 with 4382 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris said “No election before 31st October”.

I think I’ll put a couple of quid on there being an election before 31 October.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:35 - Jul 16 with 4364 viewsbrazil1982

Of course they are a brexit party - delivering what they said they would.
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:35 - Jul 16 with 4364 viewsfooters

Good. It's the only way of appeasing the hardcore Brexiteers. Cliff edge scenario asap, thanks.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:37 - Jul 16 with 4340 viewsitfcjoe

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:35 - Jul 16 by footers

Good. It's the only way of appeasing the hardcore Brexiteers. Cliff edge scenario asap, thanks.

Even when it goes wrong it won't be their fault, there is literally no pleasing them.

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:38 - Jul 16 with 4341 viewsBlueBadger

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:35 - Jul 16 by brazil1982

Who wants affordable food, a well-supplied and staffed NHS, non-chlorinated chicken, a stable Northern Ireland, easy trade and travel, employment rights and clean rivers and beaches when can have a blue passport and no foreigners?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 9:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:41 - Jul 16 with 4309 viewsSwansea_Blue

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:37 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Even when it goes wrong it won't be their fault, there is literally no pleasing them.

Depends who footers is talking about. The hardliners who are orchestrating it will be fine. Those who they've persuaded to support their cause will be less so. It'll be interesting to see what happens to them when the sunlit uplands don't deliver.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:41 - Jul 16 with 4304 viewsfooters

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:37 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Well, that's certainly true, but I think it's only democratic to give them what they want. WTO rules from November onwards, then an expert-free Christmas :D

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:41 - Jul 16 with 4307 viewsSteve_M

Although to think that you would have to believe that the chronic pathological liar is telling the truth for once. It's quite clear that the only thing that matters to Boris Johnson is Boris Johnson so who knows what he'll do.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:45 - Jul 16 with 4281 viewsBlueBadger

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:41 - Jul 16 by Steve_M

Although to think that you would have to believe that the chronic pathological liar is telling the truth for once. It's quite clear that the only thing that matters to Boris Johnson is Boris Johnson so who knows what he'll do.

Crazy outside bet:

He'll call the whole thing off 'for the good of the country' as 'no-deal is clearly dashed stupid and would allow that horrid commie Corbyn to nationalise the premier league and those horrid foreignes won't let us have our cake AND eat it'.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 10:15]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:47 - Jul 16 with 4262 viewsGlasgowBlue

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:38 - Jul 16 by BlueBadger

Who wants affordable food, a well-supplied and staffed NHS, non-chlorinated chicken, a stable Northern Ireland, easy trade and travel, employment rights and clean rivers and beaches when can have a blue passport and no foreigners?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 9:41]

Although I agree in general with your point, two things.

Considering the horse meat scandal of a few years ago plus this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/361827.stm

And this

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jul/03/brazil-one-million-salmonell

Is chlorinated chicken the worst thing that could happen to imported meat?

If we paid NHS staff what they actually deserve then we wouldn’t need to recruit from abroad.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:51 - Jul 16 with 4241 viewsitfcjoe

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:41 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

Depends who footers is talking about. The hardliners who are orchestrating it will be fine. Those who they've persuaded to support their cause will be less so. It'll be interesting to see what happens to them when the sunlit uplands don't deliver.

The hardliners will tell those they persuaded it wasn't the right sort of Brexit, or the elite have stopped it going through properly, or a succession of other lies and then the people who did vote will blame who they are told to blame

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 10:08 - Jul 16 with 4166 viewsBloomBlue

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:47 - Jul 16 by GlasgowBlue

Although I agree in general with your point, two things.

Considering the horse meat scandal of a few years ago plus this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/361827.stm

And this

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jul/03/brazil-one-million-salmonell

Is chlorinated chicken the worst thing that could happen to imported meat?

If we paid NHS staff what they actually deserve then we wouldn’t need to recruit from abroad.

I think it's a bit rich for people to moan about chlorinated chicken when the EU gave the world mad cow and the horse meat scandal (as you mention). Plus the devastation the EU have done to fish stocks in the seas, the worst environmental destruction of the sea by any organisation
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 10:14 - Jul 16 with 4132 viewsGuthrum

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:35 - Jul 16 by brazil1982

Who at the time was promising a no-deal Brexit?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 10:26 - Jul 16 with 4105 viewsGuthrum

He's trying to get elected by the Conservative Party membership, who have become (or are perceived to have become) a bunch of hard-line, no-deal, ultra-libertarian headbangers. Perhaps they have, given the alleged levels of UKIP/BP entryism.

Problem he then has, is trying to appeal to the Parliamentary party and to the wider Tory votership, both of whom are considerably more moderate than the membership. Also, at some point, perhaps sooner than he thinks, to the country with its mass of "undecided" electors.

In any case, the main reason he's advocating No-Dealerism is because that is the only feasible way of separating us from the EU without seriously breaking the Conservative Party and upsetting the DUP (upon whom they are still, theoretically, relying for their Commons majority in crucial votes). Plus he, along with most of the rest, are all terrified the Farage bogeyman will steal their seats.

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 10:30 - Jul 16 with 4086 viewsGuthrum

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:51 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

The hardliners will tell those they persuaded it wasn't the right sort of Brexit, or the elite have stopped it going through properly, or a succession of other lies and then the people who did vote will blame who they are told to blame

That works to a limited degree, but eventually tends to wear off. More quickly so if things get dramatically worse.

Most revolutions follow the "fanatical enthusiasm" stage with a reaction.

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 10:45 - Jul 16 with 4029 viewsSteve_M

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 10:08 - Jul 16 by BloomBlue

I think it's a bit rich for people to moan about chlorinated chicken when the EU gave the world mad cow and the horse meat scandal (as you mention). Plus the devastation the EU have done to fish stocks in the seas, the worst environmental destruction of the sea by any organisation

You do realise that a) mad cow disease was 25 years ago and standards have been improved since (and it was only one country that had that problem) and b) the Common Fisheries Policy in restricting catches is a move to allow fish stocks to recover don't you?

US food standards are still abysmal, although if you want to bring up historical stuff then go read The Jungle.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 10:47 - Jul 16 with 4021 viewsOldsmoker

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 10:08 - Jul 16 by BloomBlue

The Mad cow disease episode was UK only. We did it to ourselves.
I worked for the firm who came up with the idea of mashing the brains and spinal cords and putting it into the cattle feed effectively turning herbivores into cannibals. It wiped the cost of disposing of the brains and spinal cord and added value to the cattle feed - win-win.
That company (Dalgety) no longer exists. It sold off all the subsidaries and then closed to avoid any litigation.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:13 - Jul 16 with 3961 viewsBigManBlue

I would be tempted to refer you to the Aral Sea

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:14 - Jul 16 with 3953 viewsfooters

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:13 - Jul 16 by BigManBlue

I would be tempted to refer you to the Aral Sea

Ayy yo, cotton is one thirsty crop.

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:17 - Jul 16 with 3940 viewschicoazul

Yeah but you know what "Boris" is like. He'll walk it back. "No no no what I meant was that was our aspiration what what what bluster bluster"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:31 - Jul 16 with 3903 viewspickles110564

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 10:14 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

Who at the time was promising a no-deal Brexit?

No where on the Ballot paper said Leave with a deal, it just said Leave.
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:32 - Jul 16 with 3900 viewsBlueBadger

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:17 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

Yeah but you know what "Boris" is like. He'll walk it back. "No no no what I meant was that was our aspiration what what what bluster bluster"

I strongly suspect that what he'll put to parliament will essentially be the May deal. Which won't go through parliament. General election ensues with another hung parliament - likely coalition with the lib dems and a referendum as part of a coalition agreement.

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:36 - Jul 16 with 3893 viewspickles110564

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:32 - Jul 16 by BlueBadger

I strongly suspect that what he'll put to parliament will essentially be the May deal. Which won't go through parliament. General election ensues with another hung parliament - likely coalition with the lib dems and a referendum as part of a coalition agreement.

The largest party or second largest party if we do not leave before an election will be the Brexit Party, you never factor that in or you just have you head buried too deep in the sand.
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:38 - Jul 16 with 3885 viewsBigManBlue

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:36 - Jul 16 by pickles110564

The largest party or second largest party if we do not leave before an election will be the Brexit Party, you never factor that in or you just have you head buried too deep in the sand.

FPTP makes it unlikely, though I'll concede they could well win enough seats to have a shot at influencing a coalition.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:48 - Jul 16 with 3859 viewsTonytown

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:31 - Jul 16 by pickles110564

No where on the Ballot paper said Leave with a deal, it just said Leave.

And that was the start of the problem.

Leave with a deal, if so what deal?
A hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland or not
Pay the £39billion divorce deal or not
WTO rules with all or some
Sell of parts of the NHS to US corporations?
How do we staff the NHS if we are seen to be unwelcoming to foreigners who keep it going
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024