Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... 09:29 - Jul 16 with 8950 viewsitfcjoe

More red lines, and no back stop in place - totally ruled out last night.

No election before 31st October - again totally ruled out last night.

Tories are now the Brexit Party, they are no longer Conservatives.

Seems the only question is will Parliament be able to stop it?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:53 - Jul 16 with 3459 viewschicoazul

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:31 - Jul 16 by pickles110564

No where on the Ballot paper said Leave with a deal, it just said Leave.

Surely you must accept now that it was never that simple, especially given the vocal Leavers like Fox and Davies have effectively walked back on what they said at the time? Regardless of your views on the EU you must now agree that a simple binary choice was the wrong way to ask the question.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:59 - Jul 16 with 3441 viewsSteve_M

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:45 - Jul 16 by BlueBadger

Crazy outside bet:

He'll call the whole thing off 'for the good of the country' as 'no-deal is clearly dashed stupid and would allow that horrid commie Corbyn to nationalise the premier league and those horrid foreignes won't let us have our cake AND eat it'.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 10:15]

It's been a possibility ever since the 2017 election in my view, certainly once the Tory right decided that May's deal wasn't pure enough for them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:38 - Jul 16 with 3385 viewsSwansea_Blue

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:53 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

Surely you must accept now that it was never that simple, especially given the vocal Leavers like Fox and Davies have effectively walked back on what they said at the time? Regardless of your views on the EU you must now agree that a simple binary choice was the wrong way to ask the question.

Don't hold your breath.

Brexiteer 'logic':
- it didn't say leave with a deal on the ballot paper, so we have to leave with no deal
- it didn't say leave with no deal on the ballot paper, but that's the only option we voted for

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:43 - Jul 16 with 3381 viewschicoazul

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:38 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

Don't hold your breath.

Brexiteer 'logic':
- it didn't say leave with a deal on the ballot paper, so we have to leave with no deal
- it didn't say leave with no deal on the ballot paper, but that's the only option we voted for

No no, come on let's not have that, we've had loads of that the last few years and it doesnt do anyone any good or change anything. I am genuinely, no snark, interested in what Pickles thinks.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:46 - Jul 16 with 3378 viewsSwansea_Blue

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:43 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

No no, come on let's not have that, we've had loads of that the last few years and it doesnt do anyone any good or change anything. I am genuinely, no snark, interested in what Pickles thinks.

That is an accurate reflection of what seems to be the commonly held view though, because that's what's being peddled by the orchestrators. But yes, I'd be interested to hear a different viewpoint too (still not holding my breath though ).

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:50 - Jul 16 with 3371 viewsballycastle

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 09:38 - Jul 16 by BlueBadger

Who wants affordable food, a well-supplied and staffed NHS, non-chlorinated chicken, a stable Northern Ireland, easy trade and travel, employment rights and clean rivers and beaches when can have a blue passport and no foreigners?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 9:41]

Judging by the huge number of seriously fat feckers in the UK today, we need expensive food and chicken infected with Campylobacter.
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:51 - Jul 16 with 3370 viewspickles110564

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:53 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

So just because a challenge is hard you give up?
This has been a stitch up since a Remainer was put in charge to make it seem like impossible to be able to leave.
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:57 - Jul 16 with 3365 viewschicoazul

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:51 - Jul 16 by pickles110564

This has been a stitch up since a Remainer was put in charge to make it seem like impossible to be able to leave.

Davies Gove and Fox among others all said it would be easy peasy Japanesey. Now they say something else. All i say is, surely for what is now obviously such a complex difficult flawed opaque process, a binary yes/no is the wrong question to ask in the first place?
If you're interested I think the EU is a corrupt deceitful corporate protectorate and I would be happy to leave if it were ON THE BASIS OF a full general election AND in the light of the difficulties we have seen so far, and inevitable economic shocks, across a 5 year parliament.

Login to get fewer ads

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:59 - Jul 16 with 3364 viewsSwansea_Blue

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:51 - Jul 16 by pickles110564

There's a mechanism for leaving
We've triggered that mechanism
We've agreed a Withdrawal Agreement with the EU that would allow us to leave, and which outlines how we would then approach the 'new' relationship.
We haven't left because 34 Tories (mostly Brexiteers) and 10 DUPers who'd been bribed to support the government, voted against implementing the Withdrawal Agreement.
We would have left by now.

How can that be a "stitch up"?

Round and round we go.

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:09 - Jul 16 with 3338 viewspickles110564

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:59 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

There's a mechanism for leaving
We've triggered that mechanism
We've agreed a Withdrawal Agreement with the EU that would allow us to leave, and which outlines how we would then approach the 'new' relationship.
We haven't left because 34 Tories (mostly Brexiteers) and 10 DUPers who'd been bribed to support the government, voted against implementing the Withdrawal Agreement.
We would have left by now.

How can that be a "stitch up"?

Round and round we go.

It was a withdrawal agreement drawn up by remainers, which means we do not leave and are held under the EU forever if they so wish.
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:12 - Jul 16 with 3327 viewsNotSure

Technically parliament can stop EU by voting on whether to revoke article 50 (subject probably to another referendum). The EU will then extend the deadline by 6 months and brexit will not happen.

I'm a brexiteer myself but I really wish both sides had compromised and quickly sorted out a soft brexit. This farce has been such a waste of time, money and resources.
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:15 - Jul 16 with 3321 viewsBigManBlue

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:12 - Jul 16 by NotSure

Technically parliament can stop EU by voting on whether to revoke article 50 (subject probably to another referendum). The EU will then extend the deadline by 6 months and brexit will not happen.

I'm a brexiteer myself but I really wish both sides had compromised and quickly sorted out a soft brexit. This farce has been such a waste of time, money and resources.

Yup. I'm a remainer but a clear and sensible compromise position discussed by all parties and agreed upon by a majority before triggering article 50 would have had my (admittedly probably grudging) support.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:19 - Jul 16 with 3312 viewsStokieBlue

"So just because a challenge is hard you give up? "

That's not really a good way of thinking about it. A better way is to think what it would be like to do your job with your hands cut off. That's not giving yourself a challenge, it's just stupidity.

"This has been a stitch up since a Remainer was put in charge to make it seem like impossible to be able to leave."

That's not really true either. She attempted to get a deal, the EU pushed back as they were always going to and then we were always going to end up where we are. It's like a small child storming into the room and demanding that the adults give them everything they want and then being surprised when they say no.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:23 - Jul 16 with 3303 viewsElephantintheRoom

I see you don't understand Politics or Boris. All he is doing is peddling lies to the idiots who will vote him in. When reality intrudes, be that parliamentary arithmetic, the law of the land or the basic pragmatism that more tory voters may well support remain than brexcit, then he can bend like a reed in the wind and peddle a different set of lies aimed at attempting to win an election.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:24 - Jul 16 with 3299 viewsitfcjoe

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:12 - Jul 16 by NotSure

Ironically the Withdrawal Agreement was a much harder Brexit than was spoken about initially

I think the ERG and DUP got greedy and overplayed their hand pushing for No Deal, but they might now get that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:28 - Jul 16 with 3291 viewsfooters

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:24 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Ironically the Withdrawal Agreement was a much harder Brexit than was spoken about initially

I think the ERG and DUP got greedy and overplayed their hand pushing for No Deal, but they might now get that

Reading a piece by my colleague just now. Her analysis concludes that markets have already priced in a 50/50 chance of a no-deal Brexit. Worrying stuff... for the remainers!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:34 - Jul 16 with 3277 viewsSwansea_Blue

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:09 - Jul 16 by pickles110564

It was a withdrawal agreement drawn up by remainers, which means we do not leave and are held under the EU forever if they so wish.

The question we have to ask ourselves is do we want to have close, preferential dealings with our nearest neighbours and one of the largest trading blocs in the world? If the answer is 'yes', then we need some form of agreement with them such as the type the WA prepares the ground for. Whether a 'remainer' or a 'leaver' writes and negotiates such an agreement is irrelevant.

And we've had 3 chief negotiators so far, who were all leavers. And I very much doubt we'd be in a different position had a Brexiteer been the PM over the last few years. But we'll find out soon enough when (if) Boris gets in. I suspect he'll become a victim of reality.

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:34 - Jul 16 with 3278 viewsBlueBadger

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 11:36 - Jul 16 by pickles110564

The largest party or second largest party if we do not leave before an election will be the Brexit Party, you never factor that in or you just have you head buried too deep in the sand.

I fully expect the Blue Passports and No Foreigners Party to get as many seats as UKIP at their height did. They'll be a sideshow that'll be ultimately silenced by Boris deciding to run a deeply racist election camapign designed to appeal to their fanbase.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 13:38 - Jul 16 with 3267 viewsSwansea_Blue

We were there with the WA. Nobody was really happy about it, but that's because both camps are so polarised. But it did achieve the aims of leaving and doing so in an organised way (as much as is possible anyway).

I think if you asked remainers to pick between the WA and no deal, they'd go for the first.

Similarly if you asked leavers to pick between the WA and not leaving at all, they'd go for the WA too (I guess).

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 14:28 - Jul 16 with 3230 viewspickles110564

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 12:38 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

Don't hold your breath.

Brexiteer 'logic':

Will all the uncertainty that us Brexiteers have caused you would think things by now would have turned for the worse.

Unemployment 45 year low, Total earnings up by 3.4%, regular pay up by 3.6%.

Imagine what we will achieve in a few more years.
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 15:58 - Jul 16 with 3179 viewsjaykay

what day is it, , if its monday he is a leaver if its tuesday he is a remainer, if its wednesday he is not sure if he is a leaver or a remainer. then repeat for the rest of the week.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 16:02 - Jul 16 with 3165 viewsStokieBlue

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 14:28 - Jul 16 by pickles110564

Will all the uncertainty that us Brexiteers have caused you would think things by now would have turned for the worse.

Unemployment 45 year low, Total earnings up by 3.4%, regular pay up by 3.6%.

Imagine what we will achieve in a few more years.

How's the pound doing?

How's our credit rating? I can tell you - it's on negative watch and it's not even AAA anymore - a downgrade to A is possible which is going to make rolling debt or funding new projects more expensive. That is a direct result of brexit as per the ratings agencies analysis (like them or loathe them the ratings matter).

You can't pick and choose a few factoids that you like and say everything is rosy.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 16:14 - Jul 16 with 3149 viewspatrickswell

If the challenge means food and medicine shortages, then the democratic wishes of the 17.4 million people who voted for that can get to f...k frankly.
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 16:38 - Jul 16 with 3121 viewsBlueNomad

Pickles, you have always run away every time you have been challenged to articulate your views that seem to generate your assertions. You have backed down from more challenges than anyone else on here!
So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 16:55 - Jul 16 with 3057 viewsfooters

So it is going to be No-Deal under Boris Johnson then... on 16:38 - Jul 16 by BlueNomad

Pickles, you have always run away every time you have been challenged to articulate your views that seem to generate your assertions. You have backed down from more challenges than anyone else on here!

It's almost as if he doesn't actually believe it...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024