Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... 17:50 - Jul 15 with 10076 viewsSitfcB

Dizgracefool.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:45 - Jul 16 with 2036 viewsSteve_M

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:13 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

I imagine even in League 1 we don't have one of the highest cost bases off the field, we have an absolute skeleton staff - there are more MEG staff based at Portman Road than there are ITFC ones.

I can't really be bothered to get into a long debate about this with anyone - my view is that the fanbase like to roll over and have thier tummies tickled too often - this is a totally new charge, that is being brought in when club on it's knees and lucky to have such a loyal fan base and lots of people rather than just shrugging are actively defending the club for it - it's a weird stance.

It's an offset to the reduction in season ticket prices, done in a rather tedious way. That it might only cost £20 a season or so for me to get away ticket is neither here nor there financially but it, again, reflects Evans approach to the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:48 - Jul 16 with 2032 viewschicoazul

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:14 - Jul 16 by Danny_G

Thing is, the club already gets to keep 5% of away ticket sales to cover the postage and admin costs. And they’re explicitly forbidden from charging fees for away tickets which don’t apply to home tickets - see 32.4.3-4 https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/

Now THAT is very interesting, thanks for posting it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:48 - Jul 16 with 2032 viewsBluefish

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:45 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

The drop in income could, I stress could Blubbers, be offset this season by a) the reduction in playing staff costs and b) income from Mings, Clarke, Harrison. There is no way that a cost of 1.75 on what is it, probably 400 tickets 22 times a year, makes any dent in what you're talking about.

Good point we need to raise other costs elsewhere too. Presumably this means you will support that. I'd start with moaning ST holders

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:50 - Jul 16 with 2016 viewsflimflam

What do we want - TICKETS
When do we want them - FREE

Why should the club take the hit on postage costs? Surprised it took this long tbh.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:54 - Jul 16 with 2012 viewsitfcjoe

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:45 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

We are rapidly going out of business, the fans protests against previous but 1 regime managed to expedite this significantly. Any sane person would close us down but ME knows that is not currently an easy option, it might be once a few more walk that path before us. This summer he has lost 9 million revenue (possibly exaggerated but we wont know) from a business that already loses 4-6 million a year. He should be having a fire sale but no he had to put ticket prices down to keep the same fans happy that led the previous abuse campaign. I think no longer waiving postage fees is reaonable and the amount is not out of line with similar providers elsewhere
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 9:47]

They wouldn't have put ticket prices down if they didn't think it would increase income - this isn't a noble gesture.

Whatever it is Evans is doing, he doesn't seem to have a clue how to run a football club properly - but for the sterling work Sir Mick did, we'd have been screwed a long time ago

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:56 - Jul 16 with 2001 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:45 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

We are rapidly going out of business, the fans protests against previous but 1 regime managed to expedite this significantly. Any sane person would close us down but ME knows that is not currently an easy option, it might be once a few more walk that path before us. This summer he has lost 9 million revenue (possibly exaggerated but we wont know) from a business that already loses 4-6 million a year. He should be having a fire sale but no he had to put ticket prices down to keep the same fans happy that led the previous abuse campaign. I think no longer waiving postage fees is reaonable and the amount is not out of line with similar providers elsewhere
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 9:47]

If we really need the money that desperately surely it would make more sense to charge for home ticket postage, given that alternatives exist and presumably volumes aren’t too dissimilar?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:57 - Jul 16 with 1999 viewsSteve_M

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:14 - Jul 16 by Danny_G

Thing is, the club already gets to keep 5% of away ticket sales to cover the postage and admin costs. And they’re explicitly forbidden from charging fees for away tickets which don’t apply to home tickets - see 32.4.3-4 https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/

I note the club haven't commented on your tweet on that. Funny that....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:58 - Jul 16 with 1996 viewsBluefish

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:54 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

They wouldn't have put ticket prices down if they didn't think it would increase income - this isn't a noble gesture.

Whatever it is Evans is doing, he doesn't seem to have a clue how to run a football club properly - but for the sterling work Sir Mick did, we'd have been screwed a long time ago

I'm not arguing with any of that. He bought a club and thought 30 million would get him promotion and a quick return, his idea was right but circumstances changed and then he trusted the cash to the most useless bloke in the whole of football. He now has no way out, every club would like to punch above their weight but we are probably where we should be size wise between league 1 and the championship. We have to accept reality or close down.

Login to get fewer ads

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:01 - Jul 16 with 1986 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ahaha, good work

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:01 - Jul 16 with 1982 viewsBluefish

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:56 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

If we really need the money that desperately surely it would make more sense to charge for home ticket postage, given that alternatives exist and presumably volumes aren’t too dissimilar?

Home printing is probably a handful of pensioners and they sulk a lot

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:12 - Jul 16 with 1957 viewsGuthrum

Mind you, how many of those grumbling about paying £1.75 are happy to spend £4+ on a single pint of beer?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:13 - Jul 16 with 1954 viewsflimflam

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:01 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ahaha, good work

"The Away Club may charge a booking fee or transaction charge to the customer providing this is exactly the same in every respect as that which it charges for tickets to its own home matches"

Dont think postage costs falls under that.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:14 - Jul 16 with 1951 viewschicoazul

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:12 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

Mind you, how many of those grumbling about paying £1.75 are happy to spend £4+ on a single pint of beer?

Nobody as far as I can tell is complaining about the *amount*. And you can opt out of buying beer; you can't opt out of this if you don't live within striking distance of Ipswich.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:48 - Jul 16 with 1911 viewsGuthrum

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:14 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

Nobody as far as I can tell is complaining about the *amount*. And you can opt out of buying beer; you can't opt out of this if you don't live within striking distance of Ipswich.

What are they complaining about, then? I presumed they wanted the amount reduced, or zero.

Official inflation figures might be fairly low, but the cost of many ordinary commodities in the UK (including minor luxuries like beer) are increasing at a fairly alarming rate.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:50 - Jul 16 with 1902 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:48 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

What are they complaining about, then? I presumed they wanted the amount reduced, or zero.

Official inflation figures might be fairly low, but the cost of many ordinary commodities in the UK (including minor luxuries like beer) are increasing at a fairly alarming rate.

That the club have chosen to levy a charge on postage for away tickets where some fans have no option but to have them posted, whereas for home tickets where a print at home facility exists no charge will be applied for posting. And that this has been justified by the club as being needed to cover the admin costs for away tickets, even though the EFL rules confirm the club already receive 5% of the ticket income for away games to cover these costs

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:54 - Jul 16 with 1887 viewsGuthrum

5% of a £25 ticket is £1.25. You need quite a lot of those to pay for the staff in the ticket office, plus overheads like postage, electricity, printing, etc.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:59 - Jul 16 with 1875 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:54 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

5% of a £25 ticket is £1.25. You need quite a lot of those to pay for the staff in the ticket office, plus overheads like postage, electricity, printing, etc.

We don’t run a ticket office for away tickets though - to all extents and purposes it’s the club shop which is open anyway so all those costs exist regardless, save for postage

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:02 - Jul 16 with 1862 viewsSitfcB

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:48 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

I wouldn’t mind an option to collect my tickets for free if purchasing online.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:04 - Jul 16 with 1861 viewsGuthrum

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:59 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We don’t run a ticket office for away tickets though - to all extents and purposes it’s the club shop which is open anyway so all those costs exist regardless, save for postage

Somebody has to sit down, process and post several hundred physical, cardboard tickets. Those person(s) have to be paid.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:09 - Jul 16 with 1847 viewsWD19

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:04 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

Somebody has to sit down, process and post several hundred physical, cardboard tickets. Those person(s) have to be paid.

Get Teddy Bishop to do it......
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:09 - Jul 16 with 1848 viewsGuthrum

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 10:50 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That the club have chosen to levy a charge on postage for away tickets where some fans have no option but to have them posted, whereas for home tickets where a print at home facility exists no charge will be applied for posting. And that this has been justified by the club as being needed to cover the admin costs for away tickets, even though the EFL rules confirm the club already receive 5% of the ticket income for away games to cover these costs

Unlike home tickets, away ones are necessarily a physical, cardboard product (as they have to work in the other club's turnstile system). Which have to be separated, put in envelopes and addressed to the right people.

5% of the ticket price is not very much. A couple of thousand at most, maybe only a few hundred for the less well attended games.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:14 - Jul 16 with 1838 viewsGuthrum

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:02 - Jul 16 by SitfcB

I wouldn’t mind an option to collect my tickets for free if purchasing online.

If from the away club's ticket office, before the game, that would make even better sense.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:14 - Jul 16 with 1839 viewschicoazul

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:09 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

Unlike home tickets, away ones are necessarily a physical, cardboard product (as they have to work in the other club's turnstile system). Which have to be separated, put in envelopes and addressed to the right people.

5% of the ticket price is not very much. A couple of thousand at most, maybe only a few hundred for the less well attended games.

People keep saying it's not very much. Why doesnt Evans pay for it then?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:20 - Jul 16 with 1837 viewsGuthrum

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:14 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

People keep saying it's not very much. Why doesnt Evans pay for it then?

No, I'm saying the EFL's allowed 5% of ticket value for admin and postage is not very much when trying to cover those costs. Thus causing an extra charge to be levied.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:23 - Jul 16 with 1833 viewschicoazul

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 11:20 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

No, I'm saying the EFL's allowed 5% of ticket value for admin and postage is not very much when trying to cover those costs. Thus causing an extra charge to be levied.

ah I see. My point stands though, to the people who *are* saying that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024