Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... 17:50 - Jul 15 with 10108 viewsSitfcB

Dizgracefool.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:28 - Jul 16 with 1308 viewsitfcjoe

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:25 - Jul 16 by JakeITFC

Mate, it’s not even £2!

Why would anyone care - their postage is absolutely brilliant at all times anyway, it’s mental that it was free to start with.

It's just another cost, and rather than suck it up people actively come out to defend it, it's just a weird attitude.

Also, wasn't announced anywhere, just added in first time you try and get tickets this year.

I pick my tickets up, so doesn't affect me at all - just find it such a strange attitude from some in the fanbase

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:30 - Jul 16 with 1296 viewschicoazul

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 22:04 - Jul 15 by PJH

Most sensible people would see it like that, others are getting in a strop about being charged £1.75.

I dont see anyone getting in a strop as you put it about being charged 1.75, I do see people getting in a strop as you put it about being charged.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:30 - Jul 16 with 1298 viewsfooters

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:28 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

It's just another cost, and rather than suck it up people actively come out to defend it, it's just a weird attitude.

Also, wasn't announced anywhere, just added in first time you try and get tickets this year.

I pick my tickets up, so doesn't affect me at all - just find it such a strange attitude from some in the fanbase

It's £1.75... not sure it's really something to be concerned about.

If fans have to resort to turning tricks for postal ticket fees then maybe the club will reconsider.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:34 - Jul 16 with 1288 viewschicoazul

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:30 - Jul 16 by footers

It's £1.75... not sure it's really something to be concerned about.

If fans have to resort to turning tricks for postal ticket fees then maybe the club will reconsider.

But you see what I think Joe means, right? Here we are in the third division, languishing in the worst position in living memory thanks in large part to our owner's unique combination of hapless ineptitude and laughably bad luck, and what does he do? Levies a new cost on some of our most loyal and important fans.
The point isn't the 1.75, or at least that's not what I see.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:38 - Jul 16 with 1272 viewsJakeITFC

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:34 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

But you see what I think Joe means, right? Here we are in the third division, languishing in the worst position in living memory thanks in large part to our owner's unique combination of hapless ineptitude and laughably bad luck, and what does he do? Levies a new cost on some of our most loyal and important fans.
The point isn't the 1.75, or at least that's not what I see.

But it is only £1.75 - important not to lose sight of the fact that it is basically no money at all.
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:41 - Jul 16 with 1262 viewschicoazul

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:38 - Jul 16 by JakeITFC

But it is only £1.75 - important not to lose sight of the fact that it is basically no money at all.

I appreciate that and it's a fair point of course but I dont think the people I see moaning, are moaning about the amount, more the fact that the club have the brass neck to introduce the charge in the first place.

EDIT; I usually hate this argument but I think it's fair to raise this point on this; our owner is worth £800m.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 8:43]

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:46 - Jul 16 with 1239 viewsJakeITFC

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:41 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

I appreciate that and it's a fair point of course but I dont think the people I see moaning, are moaning about the amount, more the fact that the club have the brass neck to introduce the charge in the first place.

EDIT; I usually hate this argument but I think it's fair to raise this point on this; our owner is worth £800m.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 8:43]

I don’t think the last point is that relevant - we are not a charity.

These things cost money, I don’t think it’s unfair of the club to charge for them.
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:49 - Jul 16 with 1230 viewschicoazul

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:46 - Jul 16 by JakeITFC

I don’t think the last point is that relevant - we are not a charity.

These things cost money, I don’t think it’s unfair of the club to charge for them.

I don't think it's fair for our Owner, a hugely wealthy man, to introduce new costs to our best supporters in the year when his decisions have taken us to our lowest point ever.

Login to get fewer ads

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:54 - Jul 16 with 1214 viewsfooters

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:49 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

I don't think it's fair for our Owner, a hugely wealthy man, to introduce new costs to our best supporters in the year when his decisions have taken us to our lowest point ever.

Could the erosion of the family unit and concept of personal responsibility be to blame here, chickers?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:56 - Jul 16 with 1197 viewsBluefish

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:16 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Typical response by Ipswich fans under Evans, after he has dragged this club to lowest position in most of our life times.

Fanbase has no backbone to properly complain about anything, even this added charge which is set at an OTT level. How much is first class on a franking machine, 50p?

Evans has it easy here.

I assume you are trolling?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:56 - Jul 16 with 1199 viewsitfcjoe

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:49 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

I don't think the wealth of the owner is important personally.

But I bet if you asked Paul Lambert should we have done this he'd have said no as he 'gets it', the supporters both at home and away were the only positive of last season, and we need them with us this season.

I'm sure this won't turn people of going, but it is just needless and a poor time to bring it in. Like so many other things have been under Evans

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:59 - Jul 16 with 1173 viewsJakeITFC

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:56 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

But I bet if you asked Paul Lambert should we have done this he'd have said no as he 'gets it', the supporters both at home and away were the only positive of last season, and we need them with us this season.

I'm sure this won't turn people of going, but it is just needless and a poor time to bring it in. Like so many other things have been under Evans

Or maybe this new charge kept two ticket office staff in work.
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:00 - Jul 16 with 1166 viewsportmanking

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:59 - Jul 16 by JakeITFC

So Evans is using the fans' income to employ ITFC staff rather than his own now? Classy.
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:01 - Jul 16 with 1161 viewsBluefish

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:56 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Lambert thinks all supporters should get free transport, accommodation and beer, oh and probably a hand job st ht. He might change his mind when or if he manages a few wins and isnt desperately covering up

We have some of the highest costs in the division, we either need a fire sale and redundancies or we need some small admin fees. Dont forget that our fans believe life is so much better now and the drop in income was worth it

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:02 - Jul 16 with 1156 viewsJakeITFC

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:00 - Jul 16 by portmanking

So Evans is using the fans' income to employ ITFC staff rather than his own now? Classy.

Haha I hope this is a joke.
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:03 - Jul 16 with 1148 viewsPJH

I don't think that it is needless.
They are having to cut costs and by now charging for something that they had previously absorbed the cost of they are reducing costs.

I always used to go to Planet Blue to get my tickets so it is only the last two or three seasons that I have been ordering them on line but right from the start of doing that I was surprised that the tickets were usually delivered the day after ordering and at no cost to myself.

Admittedly it was a surprise to see the £1.75 appear at the end of the transaction yesterday and perhaps they could have warned that it was going to happen but I do not see any problem with the charge being made.
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:04 - Jul 16 with 1142 viewsBloomBlue

No different to most online purchases, ie buy something on amazon and you normally get hit with a delivery charge. Delivery does cost money

As normal people believe they have a right to get things for free when it comes to football
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:05 - Jul 16 with 1137 viewsWD19

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:00 - Jul 16 by portmanking

😂 8/10
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:11 - Jul 16 with 1120 viewsitfcjoe

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:59 - Jul 16 by JakeITFC

The majoity of the ticket staff were made redundant from their £17k a year jobs when we were paying Chopra and Bullard a combined £40k a week.....

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:13 - Jul 16 with 1108 viewsitfcjoe

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:01 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

Lambert thinks all supporters should get free transport, accommodation and beer, oh and probably a hand job st ht. He might change his mind when or if he manages a few wins and isnt desperately covering up

We have some of the highest costs in the division, we either need a fire sale and redundancies or we need some small admin fees. Dont forget that our fans believe life is so much better now and the drop in income was worth it

I imagine even in League 1 we don't have one of the highest cost bases off the field, we have an absolute skeleton staff - there are more MEG staff based at Portman Road than there are ITFC ones.

I can't really be bothered to get into a long debate about this with anyone - my view is that the fanbase like to roll over and have thier tummies tickled too often - this is a totally new charge, that is being brought in when club on it's knees and lucky to have such a loyal fan base and lots of people rather than just shrugging are actively defending the club for it - it's a weird stance.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:14 - Jul 16 with 1112 viewsDanny_G

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:04 - Jul 16 by BloomBlue

No different to most online purchases, ie buy something on amazon and you normally get hit with a delivery charge. Delivery does cost money

As normal people believe they have a right to get things for free when it comes to football

Thing is, the club already gets to keep 5% of away ticket sales to cover the postage and admin costs. And they’re explicitly forbidden from charging fees for away tickets which don’t apply to home tickets - see 32.4.3-4 https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:21 - Jul 16 with 1082 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 18:21 - Jul 15 by TractorWood

Classic Ipswich. It's free when you have choice not to use it but when you have no option it's charged.

I appreciate you can get them in person but that's not that viable if you are concerned about them selling out or heaven forbid one doesn't live in Ipswich.

Bonkers isn’t it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:42 - Jul 16 with 1052 viewschicoazul

You're right it isnt important but I believe it's a fair point to raise in this instance. It's not like I am asking him to fork out 500 grand for a right back.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:45 - Jul 16 with 1047 viewschicoazul

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:01 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

The drop in income could, I stress could Blubbers, be offset this season by a) the reduction in playing staff costs and b) income from Mings, Clarke, Harrison. There is no way that a cost of 1.75 on what is it, probably 400 tickets 22 times a year, makes any dent in what you're talking about.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:45 - Jul 16 with 1044 viewsBluefish

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 09:13 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

I imagine even in League 1 we don't have one of the highest cost bases off the field, we have an absolute skeleton staff - there are more MEG staff based at Portman Road than there are ITFC ones.

I can't really be bothered to get into a long debate about this with anyone - my view is that the fanbase like to roll over and have thier tummies tickled too often - this is a totally new charge, that is being brought in when club on it's knees and lucky to have such a loyal fan base and lots of people rather than just shrugging are actively defending the club for it - it's a weird stance.

We are rapidly going out of business, the fans protests against previous but 1 regime managed to expedite this significantly. Any sane person would close us down but ME knows that is not currently an easy option, it might be once a few more walk that path before us. This summer he has lost 9 million revenue (possibly exaggerated but we wont know) from a business that already loses 4-6 million a year. He should be having a fire sale but no he had to put ticket prices down to keep the same fans happy that led the previous abuse campaign. I think no longer waiving postage fees is reaonable and the amount is not out of line with similar providers elsewhere
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 9:47]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024